New Firmware for Mavic Pro Has Been Released(V01.03.0800)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Confession: I didn't watch your entire video, but from the outset, it sounds like I'm restricted if I use no app or other 3rd party apps to control my Mavic, like Altizure or Drone Deploy?  So if I want to do actual "work" with my Mavic, I shouldn't upgrade.  Pretty limiting.  Maybe it's time to switch to 3DR.

Skipping this update; staying w/ 0.0700 and re-thinking about buying Mavics for the company I work for.
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

hopefully DJI can fix this mess...........soon!

Does anyone know how to hack into the Mavic without DJI controlling it?
2017-6-11
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-11 07:58
flying with no cell coverage? Is there such thing? Not according to DJI

Indeed, there is.
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

please do tell.
2017-6-11
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

CAAirborne Posted at 2017-6-11 09:18
Confession: I didn't watch your entire video, but from the outset, it sounds like I'm restricted if I use no app or other 3rd party apps to control my Mavic, like Altizure or Drone Deploy?  So if I want to do actual "work" with my Mavic, I shouldn't upgrade.  Pretty limiting.  Maybe it's time to switch to 3DR.

you can use litchi if you want all ytou have to do is sign in to the go app once then everything is unlocked as normall its a nobrainer and who flies without a device these days .
2017-6-11
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2017-6-11 09:22
you can use litchi if you want all ytou have to do is sign in to the go app once then everything is unlocked as normall its a nobrainer and who flies without a device these days .

Ah!  Good to know.  I'll give that a try with those other mapping apps.  THANKS!

UPDATE:  As bomberuk pointed out to me - and from the warning I get w/DJI GO 4 on my Android:  ... your flight altitude and distance will be limited... if you start flying without first connecting to a DJI-compatible app and logging into your DJI account.
2017-6-11
Use props
IceCold
lvl.1
United States

My Response to this Entire Thread.

This Proves my point about DJI and I am so Glad I returned my Mavic Pro last week for a Full Refund.

P.S. Its utter an utter junk toy with Zero Customer service based in China who ignore you and will soon be forcing you to fly with LTE Data enabled.

I'm gonna take some classes at my Local hobby shop join their Drone club and Build my Own, will defintely be a super cool adventure learn way more and meet awesome people.

IMO people need to get full refunds Now that Flying with Just Your Controller an NO App is Restricted to 50 Meters (what else will they change ?)
2017-6-11
Use props
Aerial Gopher
lvl.1
Flight distance : 331906 ft
Canada

IceCold Posted at 2017-6-11 10:07
My Response to this Entire Thread.

This Proves my point about DJI and I am so Glad I returned my Mavic Pro last week for a Full Refund.

CRY CRY CRY...  why don't you people just test it out.. its easy, I did it after I saw all the tears..  so I put the phone in airplane mode, disabled all data.  Everything works as normal. Ie can fly and take off in Atti mode and GPS.  Rebooting the s8+ that I was testing with also had the "logged in" survive the reboot. Ie, did log out as some expected, this was tested when data services were off, wifi and LTE and then the reboot was preformed.  DJI Go app allowed me to take off and fly.

HOWEVER, if I manually signed out of the app, it would require me to sign in, and would not go past the login prompt.  SO  don't sign out before you take that drive or hike to the middle of no where with no data access and you wont have a problem.

two points.

1. This will become an issue for someone somewhere where some other set of circumstances require a login, like using someone elses device that already had the app installed but wasn't logged in. I came across this on my last hike, where the s8+ caused the app to crash a few too many times, wanted to use someone elses s7 edge that had the app, but would not work due to no cellular coverage.  I AGREE THIS IS F***I*G stupid DJI

2. The wording used by dji in the release notes was VERY POOR in describing this whole  "Connected" aspect. If they did that better, there would be less hate...
2017-6-11
Use props
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

This thread reminds me of a line from Men In Black:  "People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals..."

2017-6-11
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Flight distance : 1308780 ft
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-11 07:58
flying with no cell coverage? Is there such thing? Not according to DJI

... Where did you read that you NEED cell coverage/internet?

Read all replies before putting BS on this forum... please view video in reply #365

I flew yesterday-evening with FW 800, phone in flight-mode, so no cell coverage or internet. NO RESTRICTION in height or distance... You need no internet to login on APP!
2017-6-11
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-6-11 10:28
CRY CRY CRY...  why don't you people just test it out.. its easy, I did it after I saw all the tears..  so I put the phone in airplane mode, disabled all data.  Everything works as normal. Ie can fly and take off in Atti mode and GPS.  Rebooting the s8+ that I was testing with also had the "logged in" survive the reboot. Ie, did log out as some expected, this was tested when data services were off, wifi and LTE and then the reboot was preformed.  DJI Go app allowed me to take off and fly.

HOWEVER, if I manually signed out of the app, it would require me to sign in, and would not go past the login prompt.  SO  don't sign out before you take that drive or hike to the middle of no where with no data access and you wont have a problem.

Aerial Gopher, I agree... and I cried too quickly, I must admit.  I'll update and try things out.  Might be just fine.  (Besides, who knows what future FW updates will bring!)
2017-6-11
Use props
sw!yper
lvl.1
United States

And had This new upgrade created a probable unpleasant uproar  to the NEW mavic owners. Pls Help us OUT on this SERVER fail account activation ... anyone ? DJI ?
2017-6-11
Use props
fans9b792be5
New

Canada

Does it have a follow mode or no
2017-6-11
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

Just completed update to latest firmware and the process went smoothly. Rebooted everything and went into DJI Go4 app to check all settings and discovered the ability to record video at any resolution above 2K is GONE. What the devil is going on here? Am I the only person experiencing this or has DJI just removed a capability from this camera?
2017-6-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mari Posted at 2017-6-11 10:58
... Where did you read that you NEED cell coverage/internet?

Read all replies before putting BS on this forum... please view video in reply #365

Easy there Cowboy! this is from a personal experience that means no BS from my side....just ranting about this whole deal.  I tested today and I could not fly with my no internet tablet, I had to use my phone to be able to fly.

And according to the video you do need internet, because if your non internet ipad is not signed in you need internet to sign on and then fly.......simple as that, you need internet either way......
2017-6-11
Use props
Kylie
New
Germany

Nope same here. Just replied to your thread. I'm also stuck at 2.7k!?
2017-6-11
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

change the rc transmission to get back 4k if  you have it in hd you lose 4k
2017-6-11
Use props
ThomasFL
New
United States

I know that others have already posted on this issue, but I was not able to find a clear answer. Thank you in advance.

I am going to a place that does not have internet of any kind and was wondering if my flight will be restricted or not if I am not able to connect to the internet. I want the new features in the update, but I don't want my mavic to be a virtual brick if I don't have internet.

If anyone has experience with this I would appreciate it a lot!

Thank you!
2017-6-11
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

OK, after flying a freaking awesome Litchi mission (wish it was included along with the product but well worth the $22 I paid for it), I brought my mavic home and launched from my house, flew about 300 feet away and about 100 feet high, then disconnected the cable to my phone.  Bird kept flying and I flew it even further before RTH for fun.  Turned it off then back on without the phone hooked up at all.  Heck, even turned off the cellular coverage and closed the app on the phone to stifle further questions... Launched, flew about 1/4 mile away before turning around... No phone needed at all.
Please, god, let there be no more questions. (But feel free)
2017-6-11
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-6-11 13:45
Easy there Cowboy! this is from a personal experience that means no BS from my side....just ranting about this whole deal.  I tested today and I could not fly with my no internet tablet, I had to use my phone to be able to fly.

And according to the video you do need internet, because if your non internet ipad is not signed in you need internet to sign on and then fly.......simple as that, you need internet either way......

... you only need internet during download of FW update and your first login on your account in the app. You probably have used the "Sign Out" option before closing the app...Stay logged in...

I allways fly in Flight-Mode... so without internet/cell... no restrictions in height/distance or whatever... exactly what was stated before...
2017-6-12
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

So why is it so damn hard for DJI to come on here and explain the answers to these scenarios ?   why are they so happy to leave this confusion running !   
2017-6-13
Use props
Silver G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1412694 ft
United Kingdom

Is the Go4 app going to be compatible with the revamped iOS 11 or should we wait to update our Apple devices FW?
2017-6-15
Use props
Danno25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

I'd be hesitant to upgrade to .0800.
Tried and failed to update last night. Now I have a battery that is useless. It won't turn off since the update failed.  I eventually tried to charge it...left it on chafing g base overnight. No change.
I then tried to drain it by using the use adapter.  Charged a phone and another usb devices but still no change.  
The middle two LEDs stay on, and occasionally blink every 20-30 seconds.  The battery is completely in responsive.
I found a post on mavicpilits forum with the same issue so I know it's not user error.  

I'm not sure how to proceed. Next is to just wait it out until the leds go dead and try to recharge it. But I'm concerned the battery may deplete beyond its limitations.  Definitely an update related issue.  I will not update to .0800 until I get some sort of solution from DJi.
2017-6-15
Use props
Danno25
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8583 ft
United States

I'd be hesitant to upgrade to .0800.
Tried and failed to update last night. Now I have a battery that is useless. It won't turn off since the update failed.  I eventually tried to charge it...left it on charging base overnight. No change.
I then tried to drain it by using the usb adapter.  Charged a phone and another usb devices but still no change.  
The middle two LEDs stay on, and occasionally blink every 20-30 seconds.  The battery is completely non responsive.
I found a post on mavicpilots forum with the same issue so I know it's not user error.  

I'm not sure how to proceed. Next plan is to just wait it out until the leds go dead and try to recharge it. But I'm concerned the battery may deplete beyond its limitations.  Definitely an update related issue.  I will not update to .0800 until I get some sort of solution from DJi.
2017-6-15
Use props
Mari
First Officer
Netherlands

MikeQView Posted at 2017-6-13 03:11
So why is it so damn hard for DJI to come on here and explain the answers to these scenarios ?   why are they so happy to leave this confusion running !

Because they probably use Google Translate... Some things are lost in translation, others f**ked up and no longer correct.

I simply send an e-mail to support, and they explained it to me... {:4_181:}
2017-6-16
Use props
MikeQView
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mari Posted at 2017-6-16 07:06
Because they probably use Google Translate... Some things are lost in translation, others f**ked up and no longer correct.

I simply send an e-mail to support, and they explained it to me...

The issue i have with support is that i never get the same answer twice ?  or at best contradictory, so glad you get valid answers.
2017-6-20
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dronoob Posted at 2017-6-8 07:59
All apps need some memory. The most simple example is to calculate 1 + 1. For that operation you must store 1 in memory, you must store another 1 in memory then the device performs a calculation and it stores the result (2) in memory, too. If the app forgets to tell Android that is does not need 1 + 1 in memory anymore, the next calculations start to constantly fill the memory. At some point, the system does not have anymore free memory and is not able to perform more calculation. In that case the app dies or - if a so-called native library is concerned - the whole system dies.

I doubt that memory leaks are the root cause for the app freezes, because a memory leak shuts down the device immediately. But I have only experienced freezes so far. I have seen many, many, many crashes when the RC connection to the Mavic was bad. I guess some of DJI's native libraries is not able to handle this very well and the app crashes.

Thanks for the explanation.  Therefore you need to reduce the strain on the processing system.  That is how i approached looking for better results.  I remembered seeing a warning from the phone that power consumption is increased if you use the resolution greater than 1920x1080 and also any of the fancy display modes (cinematic, etc.).  I changed the resolution to 1920x1080 and the display to Basic.  I just finished flying 15 times in the last week and only had two app disconnects (one of which I think was my fault).  this was after the app 4.1.2 Jun 17th and using FW 01.03.08, Android Samsung S7.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Aerial Gopher Posted at 2017-6-11 10:28

Just a note for you on your Samsung S8+ that might help.  On my S7  in the phones settings, change the display resolution to 1920 x 1080 and the display mode to "Basic".  After I did that I almost never have the app disconnect.  Try it and see what happens.  On my S7 it would tell me when I would increase the resolution or use one of the fancier display modes that the power consumption would increase (ie require more processing), which likely causes the app to crash/disconnect. The warning also said some apps are not compatible with those modes.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Parkker Posted at 2017-6-11 13:45
Just completed update to latest firmware and the process went smoothly. Rebooted everything and went into DJI Go4 app to check all settings and discovered the ability to record video at any resolution above 2K is GONE. What the devil is going on here? Am I the only person experiencing this or has DJI just removed a capability from this camera?

I am still able to shoot 4K 30p on mine.  With all the FW and app updates. Samsung S7, DJI GO4  v1.4.2, FW ...08, latest androin os.  Since changing display mode to BASIC and resolution down to 1920x1080 I fly almost app disconnect free.  Never lost RC control of the Mavic.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

bartjes Posted at 2017-6-9 13:37
I live close to a no fly zone and I see the map of the Netherlands that DJI maintains does not match the government map.
I'm curious if I can still fly at my home. I'm also curious what happens with the data gathered by DJI where people apply for flying in restricted area's: "I intend to do illegal things and asking permission for that, not from the law but from a company".

Once the app was checked, the app can crash and the drone will continue to operate as set prior to Takeoff, also your home point stays the same.  I have a Samsung S7 and found that changing my phone's display setting to display mode "basic" and resolution down to "1920 x 1080" has almost entirely eliminated lag and app crashes.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Daggerfall Posted at 2017-6-9 22:12
Hi,

I like driving in the desert and doing most of my shots at remote areas where there is no reception.

See post #365, just three before yours.  He explains that if you login on you app, then go out into the field you can power up the drone, RC, and plug in your phone/tablet it will work.  I think you can probably test that by turning on dji go4, log in (or let it log in, then put on aircraft mode and then power up drone and rc and then connect phone/tablet.  I just went out and tested it.  I flew vertically to 385 ft. so it works.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Forden Posted at 2017-6-10 07:58
For the 4K, it's explained a few pages earlier, you have to put the display transmission in Normal mode, and 4K will be back

I've found an "Unlocking List". As I'm almost new to this drone I may not have noticed it before....

If you get permission to fly in a NFZ, you send that info to DJI with the dates that you are permitted, they then put that in your list., so you can fly there.  DJI has a vido on the procedure.  
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ray_Dunakin Posted at 2017-6-10 14:53
I guess I'll have to go through all five of my batteries to update each of them?

After you do your update to the drone and RC, they will update each battery as it is installed and turned on.  So you do not have to update them through DJI asst.
2017-6-22
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fanse0a1b9b4 Posted at 2017-6-10 20:37
I am a Part 107 pilot and upgraded to the new firmware today.  I had no issues with the firmware download.  I did some tests see what the restrictions are without using the Go app and yes 90 feet up and 160 feet out and you really don't have any speed because the restrictions slow the aircraft down to the geo fencing that is put in the firmware.  I also took off with the Go app on and turned on my device airplane mode on in flight and there were no restrictions from the new firmware.  In short you have to keep the controller and aircraft connected to the app in order to keep the restrictions from affecting your  aircraft operating parameters i.e. altitude and distance.

See post 365 - At the end of the video he goes over that you only need to login on your phone, ie bring up dji go 4 and press enter device.  I then turned on Airplane mode, went outside, turned on Mavic, turned on RC and then connected phone, everybody connected, I took off and flew out and climbed up to 385 ft. while still in airplane mode.
2017-6-22
Use props
BlueWolf
lvl.1
Sweden

It looks like Litchi requires an internet connection every time you start a flight! Can someone else confirm that this is not just me?

When my phone has an internet connection my drone gets unlocked and I can do everything I want with it. Few days ago I started flying  it in a remote internet-less area and my drone was limited to a maximum distance of 45 meter, max altitude of 30 meter and max speed of 10 kmph even in sport mode. It was moving around like a snail. Basically... completely useless. I found a partial workaround by setting the home point at my drone's location so I could fly an additional 45 meters, but that did involve me putting the home point in the middle of a lake... I ended up borrowing someone else's old Phantom. I was severely disappointed as DJI has been telling an always-on connection wasn't required. Litchi seems to think differently.
2017-7-4
Use props
DocentUSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130489 ft
United States

Anyone updated to .900 firmware?
I noticed when flying in sport mode the camera lags a lot.
Hope this will be fixed in the next firmware update ASAP.
2017-7-5
Use props
fans8a55d063
lvl.1
Flight distance : 258855 ft
Australia

Yes updates no.problems but dji have replaced my pro first!!!!
2017-7-15
Use props
Athlon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675364 ft
Germany

DocentUSA Posted at 2017-7-5 08:38
Anyone updated to .900 firmware?
I noticed when flying in sport mode the camera lags a lot.
Hope this will be fixed in the next firmware update ASAP.

Update today  to .900.
Now, when flying forward, , the Mavic pro begin to drift ...any tips to avoid  
2017-7-16
Use props
DocentUSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 130489 ft
United States

Athlon Posted at 2017-7-16 09:22
Update today  to .900.
Now, when flying forward, , the Mavic pro begin to drift ...any tips to avoid

I don't have any drifting with .900
2017-7-25
Use props
namja
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86112 ft
United States

Silver G Posted at 2017-6-15 13:53
Is the Go4 app going to be compatible with the revamped iOS 11 or should we wait to update our Apple devices FW?

I and many others (based on reading other forums) have tested the DJI Go 4 app on the iOS 11 Beta, and it worked fine. I don't think it will be a problem.
2017-7-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules