First drone
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
suzjain
lvl.1

United States

If I'm getting my first drone is a Phantom a good choice?
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Is there a model in particular that you're looking at?
2017-5-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

The Mavic is very portable. While the wonderfully inspiring Inspire is actually majestic. Ha

The Phantom lies somewhere in the midfield... But are very robust and reliable.

RedHotPoker
2017-5-9
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Might be worth getting a cheap toy drone $20-30 first so that you can have some practice at crashing it and learn the risks without it being too dangerous or too expensive.

...Then you will find a Phantom easy to fly.
2017-5-9
Use props
suzjain
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-9 14:12
Is there a model in particular that you're looking at?

Not sure where to start so looking for advice.
2017-5-10
Use props
avitor
lvl.1
Spain

it is the best drone
try phantom 4 pro advanced
2017-5-16
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

First, you will need to know if you can fly a drone in your area. You can look it up by downloading Airmap on your smartphone. Some people have bought an expensive drone and found he/she is surrounded by NFZ in where he/she lives.
2017-5-16
Use props
TruGreen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-5-9 14:48
Might be worth getting a cheap toy drone $20-30 first so that you can have some practice at crashing it and learn the risks without it being too dangerous or too expensive.

...Then you will find a Phantom easy to fly.

I got a Phantom 3 Standard as my first ever drone. darn things pretty much fly themselves
2017-5-16
Use props
Zimmerman 61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 730052 ft

Australia

Phantom 3 standard is the entry level phantom that's is why DJI have continued this model.
2017-5-17
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

Zimmerman 61 Posted at 2017-5-17 01:37
Phantom 3 standard is the entry level phantom that's is why DJI have continued this model.

My DJI Standard was delivered yesterday and I am still getting set up for my first flight...no cord supplied from IPhone to controller so I'm still researching and watching videos until I have a chance to pick up a cord later today.
I didn't see a search button on this forum so I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread. Do I need to register my drone with DJI or anywhere else? When I do get connected to the controller will I then be asked to register?
I'm going to take baby steps prior to my first flight and any input is appreciated.
2017-7-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

LOTO Posted at 2017-7-16 05:20
My DJI Standard was delivered yesterday and I am still getting set up for my first flight...no cord supplied from IPhone to controller so I'm still researching and watching videos until I have a chance to pick up a cord later today.
I didn't see a search button on this forum so I apologize in advance for hijacking this thread. Do I need to register my drone with DJI or anywhere else? When I do get connected to the controller will I then be asked to register?
I'm going to take baby steps prior to my first flight and any input is appreciated.

Before you get to fly you will be asked to activate, this will be your registration. You can also use your phone cable, while you wait for new one.

Read plenty look at all tutorials, don't be in a rush and you will find that you will be up and flying in a couple of days.
Good luck...
2017-7-16
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-7-16 06:12
Before you get to fly you will be asked to activate, this will be your registration. You can also use your phone cable, while you wait for new one.

Read plenty look at all tutorials, don't be in a rush and you will find that you will be up and flying in a couple of days.

Thanks for the clarification...100 cables around my house and not one of them goes from IPhone to micro USB on the controller but I think one was tossed by me a week or so ago because I never need it.
2017-7-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Where is the cable you charge your phone with?

RedHotPoker
2017-7-16
Use props
CoreyB10
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I started on the Hubsan H501S, very capable starter with GPS, camera and vid recording. Then moved onto P3S then Advanced and now fly the P4P and Spark - No issues with either in case anyone wonders. Love them both especially my P4P. Both brilliant machines and have had hours of enjoyment from both. It can get expensive though when you take into account the accessories you should have for any of the DJI products. When you look past all the trolls and whiners on here you will realise the different world it can unlock being up there. Yes people are still ignorant to drones but I try to educate them if they come to me while flying.
2017-7-17
Use props
GM74
lvl.2
Flight distance : 105502 ft
Netherlands

Why do you need that cable? You cant connect the iPhone to the controller. It connects to the wifi of the controller.
2017-7-17
Use props
LOTO
lvl.1
United States

GM74 Posted at 2017-7-17 23:47
Why do you need that cable? You cant connect the iPhone to the controller. It connects to the wifi of the controller.

I finally figured this out yesterday and was able to get little practice in. The instructions (with illustrations)that came with my  DJI states that I need to connect the controller to my phone with a cable and I eventually found out that this instruction does not apply to my IPhone.

I did quite a few short flights and landings and will probably go a bit further today. The aerial footage is awesome to see.

2017-7-18
Use props
Wvantoorn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13369 ft
Netherlands

Enjoy flying, but dont look too much on the screen, i did that and almost forgot that my drone wanted to hug a tree!
2017-7-18
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great choice, I started with the first Phantom and have had every Phantom produced since the beginning.
2017-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules