Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FW .700 NFZ still broken
2115 25 2017-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Easy way to test - don't hook up your phone.  If it has only a partial GPS signal, NFZ is active and you can't fly.

This needs to be fixed immediately!

2017-5-9
Use props
Danjahmouse
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163474 ft
New Zealand

Were in the same boat then, Still waiting long time hahaha
2017-5-9
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Why would you want to take off with only a partial GPS signal, surely you loose all the RTH features then (if outside)? I have not noticed this in 600 and 700 now, even inside, I can take off right away with no GPS lock at all - no satellites. The NFZ did come up initially but never seen it since in many weeks.
2017-5-9
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-5-9 18:54
Why would you want to take off with only a partial GPS signal, surely you loose all the RTH features then (if outside)? I have not noticed this in 600 and 700 now, even inside, I can take off right away with no GPS lock at all - no satellites. The NFZ did come up initially but never seen it since in many weeks.

Same here, no problems inside or out, since Sep 06 and with all the updates.
2017-5-9
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

It won't happen all the time indoors.  If it switches from ATTI and it doesn't have a solid GPS lock, it determines you are in a NFZ automatically, even if you are not, which could force land you drone wherever it is.

If your app ever crashes and you don't have a visual on the drone, do not reboot it.  Do not reboot it over water either.  That is how at least one Mavic is now sleeping with the fishes off Florida.
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-9 20:19
It won't happen all the time indoors.  If it switches from ATTI and it doesn't have a solid GPS lock, it determines you are in a NFZ automatically, even if you are not, which could force land you drone wherever it is.

If your app ever crashes and you don't have a visual on the drone, do not reboot it.  Do not reboot it over water either.  That is how at least one Mavic is now sleeping with the fishes off Florida.

Could you please provide some screenshots for better assistance?
2017-5-10
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Updated my Mavic with the new .700 FW using the DJI assistant 2 software on a Windows 10 PC. Everything worked great for me and did a quick test flight without any problems .

Also, I was able to launch the Mavic inside my house with no GPS and the motors started no problem. Did not show NFZ or anything else and took off jus fine

Rich
2017-5-10
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

had the same problem here on version 600fw the NFZ apears on the controller untill there are at least 9 sats then it disapears and the motors will start,basicaly i cant fly indoors,so i downgraded to version 550fw and it is fine.
2017-5-10
Use props
fansdb6bca2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Germany

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-10 21:13
had the same problem here on version 600fw the NFZ apears on the controller untill there are at least 9 sats then it disapears and the motors will start,basicaly i cant fly indoors,so i downgraded to version 550fw and it is fine.

same here...
2017-5-10
Use props
fansdb6bca2e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60807 ft
Germany

that s what some people don t want to understand...

for me sometimes i start on a plain wide field and fly in a little "canyon" normally gps drops to 4-6 sats...

if this happens with 0600 or 0700 the nfz comes on an the drone will land...

what the ****?

i tested inside with absolutely no sat and motors start...

goung outside in a corner behind my house with weak gps at 4-5 and nfz appears...
2017-5-10
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

#Quick Reply Here#i dont believe its the devices causing the problem with the NFZ issue as i use android and ios devices and the NFZ problem exists on both of them,its definatly firmware related as the problem dosent exist on firmwares up to 550 version, it all started from 600fw i had to down graded to 550fw which works fine now waiting for dji to bring out a firmware the actualy  fixes something rather than breaking it ;)
2017-5-10
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

may be if we all send Mindy a personal message regarding the NFZ issue then it might get taken seriously there are enough people on here having this problem dji need to make it a priority fix especialy now the dji goggles will be available soon and  according to dji you need version 700fw to use them,im in the UK by the way and somebody said that it might be country related.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

bomberuk Posted at 2017-5-10 21:27
#Quick Reply Here#i dont believe its the devices causing the problem with the NFZ issue as i use android and ios devices and the NFZ problem exists on both of them,its definatly firmware related as the problem dosent exist on firmwares up to 550 version, it all started from 600fw i had to down graded to 550fw which works fine now waiting for dji to bring out a firmware the actualy  fixes something rather than breaking it ;)

Have you tried the latest firmware?
Did you capture any screenshots of the NFZ message?
2017-5-10
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-10 22:15
Have you tried the latest firmware?
Did you capture any screenshots of the NFZ message?

yes been on firmware 700 but went back to 550fw as NFZ appeared and wouldnt let me take of inside.
never took any pictures sorry !
will wait now untill the next firmware come out and will have my camera ready to record any issues,which i expect there will be .

.....kev
2017-5-10
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

It seems they have programmed the drone to always think it is in a NFZ to prevent users blocking the gps receiver to bypass the NFZ.  It should only ever do a forced landing if it has 100% certainty it is inside a NFZ
2017-5-10
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

rsands Posted at 2017-5-10 22:30
It seems they have programmed the drone to always think it is in a NFZ to prevent users blocking the gps receiver to bypass the NFZ.  It should only ever do a forced landing if it has 100% certainty it is inside a NFZ

I also think that this is an intended "feature". They do not want the drone to take off without GPS to avoid that people fly in NFZ by blocking the GPS signal. This also fixes the story we had here a few weeks ago, where the drone took off without GPS, acquired GPS in flight and noticed it was in an NFZ (20 seconds later). It then automatically landed into a lake.

@moderators: Can you ask the engineers if it was an intended change that the NFZ limit kicks in when the drone has no GPS signal?
2017-5-10
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Dronoob Posted at 2017-5-10 22:39
I also think that this is an intended "feature". They do not want the drone to take off without GPS to avoid that people fly in NFZ by blocking the GPS signal. This also fixes the story we had here a few weeks ago, where the drone took off without GPS, acquired GPS in flight and noticed it was in an NFZ (20 seconds later). It then automatically landed into a lake.

@moderators: Can you ask the engineers if it was an intended change that the NFZ limit kicks in when the drone has no GPS signal?

it is a good default behaviour however it has to have a tolerance level.  It also needs to give warning what it is about to do if the user has signal and the app is working
2017-5-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-10 20:51
Updated my Mavic with the new .700 FW using the DJI assistant 2 software on a Windows 10 PC. Everything worked great for me and did a quick test flight without any problems .

Also, I was able to launch the Mavic inside my house with no GPS and the motors started no problem. Did not show NFZ or anything else and took off jus fine

As long as you have no GPS sats that it can see, ATTI mode will be used and you can take off fine.  If your drone can see a few sats, then NFZ will be displayed on the remote, no matter if you have a phone hooked up or not.
2017-5-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

rsands Posted at 2017-5-11 02:08
it is a good default behaviour however it has to have a tolerance level.  It also needs to give warning what it is about to do if the user has signal and the app is working

It is a terrible default behavior.  Sometimes I don't want it to RTH either, depending on what I am doing.  If I fly indoors to outdoors for example, I don't want this NFZ popping up, especially during an app crash.
2017-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-11 06:23
As long as you have no GPS sats that it can see, ATTI mode will be used and you can take off fine.  If your drone can see a few sats, then NFZ will be displayed on the remote, no matter if you have a phone hooked up or not.

Okay, I guess I was not aware of this issue and what actually causes it.

Are you using iOS or Android?  I will try some other tests when the weather is better. When I am flying inside, I have the RTH turned off (auto land)

Rch
2017-5-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-11 07:57
Okay, I guess I was not aware of this issue and what actually causes it.

Are you using iOS or Android?  I will try some other tests when the weather is better. When I am flying inside, I have the RTH turned off (auto land)

I did one better - I used no phone at all this time, just the remote.  NFZ Limit is definitely part of the drone firmware.
2017-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-11 08:26
I did one better - I used no phone at all this time, just the remote.  NFZ Limit is definitely part of the drone firmware.

Wow ... I have not tried that, but before you do this make sure you have the RTH settings set to auto land, this way they are hard coded into the remote when the App is not present.

I will try some more testing with my Mavic.  I do not understand why they have blocked the drone from flying this way??

Rich
2017-5-11
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-11 08:34
Wow ... I have not tried that, but before you do this make sure you have the RTH settings set to auto land, this way they are hard coded into the remote when the App is not present.

I will try some more testing with my Mavic.  I do not understand why they have blocked the drone from flying this way??

Wasn't worried about RTH.  I am not sold on the idea of RTH vs Hover anyway.  Several problems can result during a RTH incident and it might do more harm than good if you are trying to find your drone.

I never let the thing out of VLOS.  RTH I think becomes more important when you plan to break the VLOS rule.
2017-5-11
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-11 08:54
Wasn't worried about RTH.  I am not sold on the idea of RTH vs Hover anyway.  Several problems can result during a RTH incident and it might do more harm than good if you are trying to find your drone.

I never let the thing out of VLOS.  RTH I think becomes more important when you plan to break the VLOS rule.

I have not needed RTH much and I was only commenting about this because you do not want it to RTH  50 meters indoors.  The Mavic will shoot straight up into the ceiling and break apart--- not good.

I always fly VLOS and really have not had any problems with my Mavic. I played around with the precision landing RTH feature (uses downward camera photo to help) for the fun of it all. and it worked pretty darn nice.

Rich
2017-5-11
Use props
Bikkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 481175 ft
Netherlands

I Have the same problem, when trying to fly indoors.

When i boot my drone up indoors and go in the dji app find my drone my drone is in china somewhere.
when i take it outside it shows up near my house thats oke.
when i go indoors agian and boot up agian its in china
2017-5-14
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Bikkel Posted at 2017-5-14 11:49
I Have the same problem, when trying to fly indoors.

When i boot my drone up indoors and go in the dji app find my drone my drone is in china somewhere.

I didn't think to check where it thought its was.  Good to know.
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules