1 flight recorded as 2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1448799 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I had a flight this morning, 1 flight, 1 battery. Other than auto takeoff I didn't touch the iPad. No signal loss or odd behaviour.
On reviewing the logs in Go it shows as 2 flights split at max distance. Even more worrying, the home point of the 2nd flight is set at max distance from me, or the beginning of the 2nd leg of the flight. There were no alerts or warnings on the screen.
Here are the logs
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=eegGLY
http://app.airdata.com/main?share=LVqsEA

All firmwares are current, iPad Air 2, Go version 3.1.10 on IOS

Anyone experienced similar or any ideas why it could happen?

2017-5-10
Use props
Mr Pete
lvl.2
Flight distance : 404219 ft
United Kingdom

Looking at your flight logs the first one showing take off and landing battery voltage at 99% and 89% I would say you landed at the end of the long run.  The second flight log shows take off and landing battery voltage at 89% and 39%. So it is two separate flights as you landed, thus causing a new home point to be set. Go into your settings and set the home point to be with the controller that way it won't keep updating the home point each time you land.
2017-5-10
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

That's the point, I didn't land, I was over the sea at that point, notice the altitude at the start of the 2nd log
2017-5-10
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Update, although airdata shows distance to home as 0 at the start of the 2nd log, a new home point wasn't set in Go, which is a relief!
2017-5-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

so the app did not crash? I had this happen a few times, but it ALWAYS involved the app having a glitch of some sort... even if it restarted on it's own...
As for the H on the "2nd flight" - I think it's a bug.. the home was set, but not there... this is where it realized the H is set, but the H really is still at the original location.. at least based on the experience I have had with this behavior.....
What mobile device and what version of Android?
2017-5-10
Use props
PaulSouthport
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, no app crash, nothing untoward at all.
It's iPad air 2
2017-5-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

would be nice if 1. this did not happen, 2. dji had a tool to fuse broken logs like this.. u could try to just concatenate them into 1 file and cleanup.. but....  hope someone from dji can take a look at it - see if they figure what happened.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a screenshot of your Go app Flight records section for those flights? I've only seen a second flight while the aircraft is on due to the following:

- Landing with CSC or throttle down to turn off the motors and then rearming to take off again.
- The app shows 'disconnect' at any point.
- Back out of the camera view due to manually closing or crashing and then restarting the app while in flight.

I have a feeling that the app may have disconnected just for a second and reconnected before it was noticed. You do have the option to sync those flight records and PM your DJI account email with the time/date this occurred so the actual flight logs can be evaluated. If you've had a few more flights and this hasn't happened again since, however, this is most likely just a one off thing.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules