New Phantom 4 Pro + battery
1873 10 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Greg M.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69442 ft
United States

Just received my Phantom, plugged in both the battery to charge, thought it would stop blinking when full, but did not. I unplugged it, and the lights still blink, tried toshut it off, but it won't shut off.  Just keeps blinking.  Plugged it into the unused drone, seems to go through a start up procedure, but still blinks.  I removed battery, and still can't shut it off.  Any ineas?

2017-5-10
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.2
United States

Maybe just to clarify further.  I did plug in both the controller and battery at the same time.  Controller was blinking during the charging process, then shut off when done.  I then unplugged it.  The battery continued to blink, indicate it was charging, so I left it and went to bed.  6 hours later, it was still blinking, so I unplugged it, and its still blinking, can't turn it off.
2017-5-10
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Greg M. Posted at 2017-5-10 03:28
Maybe just to clarify further.  I did plug in both the controller and battery at the same time.  Controller was blinking during the charging process, then shut off when done.  I then unplugged it.  The battery continued to blink, indicate it was charging, so I left it and went to bed.  6 hours later, it was still blinking, so I unplugged it, and its still blinking, can't turn it off.

Unless something has changed, you should not attempt to charge the controller and a battery at the same time. Not sure if that's what caused your battery issue though.
2017-5-10
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

Two things. Have you tried holding the power button to essentially "reboot" the battery? It has intelligence and may be locked up. Also, are you able to update the firmware of the battery by starting the drone and controller up and launching the app? I think if the battery is in, and you connect the Assistant app on a PC to the drone via USB and do an update, it would probably update the firmware on the battery too.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide a small video of what you're getting?
2017-5-10
Use props
Greg M.
lvl.2
United States

I resolved this issue.  I had not yet flown it.  After 12 hours or so, of the battery blinking on it's own outside the P4P, I was still not able to shut if off.  I powered up the controller, put the blinking battery into the P4P, and the P4P fired up (first time).  Got wifi established, then proceded to take a firmware update.  After being stuck at 99% for a few hours, the controller went to sleep, but the P4P was still blinking, and I could not shut it off.  So I removed the blinking battery.  I restarted the controller, put the blinking battery back into the P4P, established connection, and received a message of a sucessfull update!  Then, I could finally control the shut off of the battery, press the button once, then again for 2 seconds.  Works like a champ.

Now I can get to understand the system, and all the information on the controller, find out whats necessary before my first flight.  Thanks for the comments,  No internet bashing here.
2017-5-11
Use props
Arwon (Australi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft
Australia

theGrindLab.com Posted at 2017-5-10 04:17
Unless something has changed, you should not attempt to charge the controller and a battery at the same time. Not sure if that's what caused your battery issue though.

theGrindLab, could you please expand on you statement, I may be reading it wrong but I often charge a battery and my RC at the same time, am I wrong for doing so??
2017-5-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Arwon (Australi Posted at 2017-5-13 14:47
theGrindLab, could you please expand on you statement, I may be reading it wrong but I often charge a battery and my RC at the same time, am I wrong for doing so??

The statement is correct, you should not try to charge both a battery and the RC at the same time, it exceeds the capacity of the power supply. The 'charger' is not really a charger at all, it is simply a power supply. This caution used to be mentioned in the manual but does not seem to be in the latest manual.
2017-5-13
Use props
Arwon (Australi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 226404 ft
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-5-13 14:53
The statement is correct, you should not try to charge both a battery and the RC at the same time, it exceeds the capacity of the power supply. The 'charger' is not really a charger at all, it is simply a power supply. This caution used to be mentioned in the manual but does not seem to be in the latest manual.

Thank you, I will now change my charging procedure..
2017-5-13
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Arwon (Australi Posted at 2017-5-13 15:06
Thank you, I will now change my charging procedure..

Hi Arwon, you might like to read this thread on using the charger...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
2017-5-14
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Arwon (Australi Posted at 2017-5-13 14:47

In the Phantom 3 series, the manuals indicated charging the controller and a battery at the same time should not be done. I am not sure if this has changed since the Phantom 4 series was released.
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules