X5 horisont is not straight in 4K25
1075 5 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansa9abf0ee
lvl.3
Flight distance : 80919 ft
Finland

Any idea why the Inspire X5 + 17mm 1.7 horisont is not straight in 4K25 mode? I mean it is not tilt left or right: it is like a wave.. like in x3 camera problem, in still pictures the horisont is ok. I just change the video mode to photo mode.
Gimbal calibration is tested. Nothing change:

Video: Still DNG:
tuira_aerial_horisont.jpg
2017-5-10
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I would try a cold IMU calibration on a level surface followed by a gimbal calibration.

Mark G.
2017-5-10
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Actually it's not too bad, IMHO. Every lens will show some barrel distortion, more or less. Particularly when horizon is at the top of the frame. Your sample video shows some barreling, but tilt to right is more obvious. This is easily correctable in Go app before filming, if gimbal calibration will not help. Barrel effect on stills can be corrected further (beside automatic lens profile correction) in decent editor like Photoshop.
2017-5-10
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-5-10 11:17
I would try a cold IMU calibration on a level surface followed by a gimbal calibration.

Mark G.

OFF  MAIN TOPIC FOR A MOMENT

You did not happen find out how to calibrate the Z3 did you ?  I have seen that question posed several times Now and would love to know if it is possible after the Initial calibration .  I wish DJI would write better manuals , I mean they Have No mention of it anywhere that I can find for Calibrating AFTER the initial start up .

donnie

NOW BACK TO YOUR REGULAR  POST TOPIC , SORRY FOR THE INTERRUPTION
2017-5-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Donnie * Posted at 2017-5-11 04:32
OFF  MAIN TOPIC FOR A MOMENT

A far as I can remember Donnie, when you first fire up the Z3, you get the option to calibrate by pointing the camera into the distance, after that, I have no idea.

Mark G.
2017-5-11
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-5-11 08:43
A far as I can remember Donnie, when you first fire up the Z3, you get the option to calibrate by pointing the camera into the distance, after that, I have no idea.

Mark G.

Okey dokey , thanks  anyway !

donnie
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules