Camera locking up at times.
678 3 2017-5-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3119e250
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1498320 ft
United States

I have the latest firmware update as of 10 May 2017.  Noticed while video taping that the camera locks up and I have no controls on my iPad 4 mini.  Video stops recording and takes about 20 seconds before video re-establishes itself.  This is not an out of range problem.  There are no warnings.  Have notice while switching from camera looking down to looking at horizon (sorry I don't recall the nominclature of the 5 button joy stick) by pressing forward on custom camera controller.  Intermittant problem so not sure if it is my equipment or software.  Asking to see if anyone else is have camera lockup problems.  This also happened during a video taping session while rotating around a point of interest.  Noticed that horizon tilt and then the lock up.

Happy Flying
Bob
2017-5-10
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please post a short video of the issue so we can better assist you!
2017-5-10
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It sounds a little like what I refer to as Gimbals Gone Wild and others have described as the camera and gimbal resetting itself. It typically occurs when one video file reaches the maximum (4GB) size and another is about to be opened. In any case, it doesn't sound like you're going to be able to provide a video, or at least not a meaningful one of it because the video that is saved before the problem behavior begins is perfectly normal.
2017-5-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Bob, just as dronist mentioned, please provide a video for better assistance.
2017-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules