Video not working on PC
2832 26 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sagecelt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 15961 ft
United Kingdom

I'm a complete newcomer to the Mavic.   I recorded about 5 minutes of video which replayed perfectly on my iPhone.  
However, when I read the SD card into my PC (using a Micro SD Card reader) I couldn't find any program which would run the video.   It just shows the first frame and stays there.   I've tried Windows Media Player; VLC Media Player and DivX Player.
Can anyone help please?
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Please upload an original video directly from SD card to Dropbox or Google Driver, then post the link here, we'll check it for you.
2017-5-11
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Out of the office at the moment.  Will upload later today.  thanks for the help.
2017-5-11
Use props
jerome42
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10617 ft
France

Install K Lite Codec Pack and you will be able to read the video with Windows Media Player.
2017-5-11
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Flight distance : 80991 ft
Belgium

https://mpc-hc.org/downloads/ this should work.

Btw, the files on your phone are not from the mavic, it is 720p cached footage
2017-5-11
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

jerome42 Posted at 2017-5-11 02:50
Install K Lite Codec Pack and you will be able to read the video with Windows Media Player.

Installed K-Lite Codec and the files will run.   However, it's jerky and looks like a badly stitched together slide show.

I tried to upload directly to Google Drive but it reported an upload time of 18 hours!!!
2017-5-11
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavica Posted at 2017-5-11 12:28
I get my Mavic Pro I went to Africa and Fly it 3 times came back to Canada , now go to Cuba get there and I cant fly because it ask me for one firmaware upgrade I did and the Gimbal is not wairking after the upgrad I can't fly in Cuba because of that... Get back to Canada try many many times to fix it calibrating it recalibrating and NO WAY it not work... Call DJI and they told me to send it to them (IT IS Fu.... NEW) fly only oone time in Africa(3) Ok I send it  they receive it and they repair it, NOW they send me one email Friday it is ready and it will take 2 DAYS PREPARATION TO SHIPPING (WHAT 2 DAYS?????) Today is wednesday 16H no fr.... NEWS from this DJI SH... service I send emails and no answers ONLY AUTOMATIC answers so be awere of that MAGNIFIC warranty service DJI give after we spend $1500 on this Mavic Pro... PEOPLE IS NEW NEVER EVER CRASH because I fly only one trip in Afdrica 3 TIMES I will go spread this email EVERY WHERE IN THE NET

Are they fixing it for free or what?
2 days sounds reasonable or at least hardly something to make a fuss about.
2017-5-11
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-11 02:54

Not having the Mavic handy at the moment, isn't there an option to view the original or the cache by choice?
2017-5-12
Use props
pedrodinis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 896476 ft
Portugal

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-11 05:46
Installed K-Lite Codec and the files will run.   However, it's jerky and looks like a badly stitched together slide show.

I tried to upload directly to Google Drive but it reported an upload time of 18 hours!!!

Did you shoot in 4k? Some computers can't playback 4k footage smoothly. They don't have the processing power. Try shooting 1080.
2017-5-12
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-12 00:26
Not having the Mavic handy at the moment, isn't there an option to view the original or the cache by choice?

Don't think you fully understand. You mavic records, but your phone stores the LIVE FEED, that might have glitches, framedrops... and will only record when you are recording, all other livestream will not be cached. So no, you can never watch original footage on a iphone from the mavic, you need to have a computer.
2017-5-12
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-12 01:08
Don't think you fully understand. You mavic records, but your phone stores the LIVE FEED, that might have glitches, framedrops... and will only record when you are recording, all other livestream will not be cached. So no, you can never watch original footage on a iphone from the mavic, you need to have a computer.

You're right.   I understand very little about the whole system at the moment having never been into video recording and having only just flown the Mavic for the first time.   I'm grateful for all the help I can get so thank you very much.

To answer another question; yes, I did shoot in 4K so I'll try 1080 the next test flight.   Many thanks to all.
2017-5-12
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

As I responded to your own thread, you need at least 3rd gen core i7 or 4th gen core i5 to play 4k videos
2017-5-12
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-12 04:56
You're right.   I understand very little about the whole system at the moment having never been into video recording and having only just flown the Mavic for the first time.   I'm grateful for all the help I can get so thank you very much.

To answer another question; yes, I did shoot in 4K so I'll try 1080 the next test flight.   Many thanks to all.

Do not shoot in 1080p, this will give issues in quality. Try to download the link I gave, if your pc is about 2 5 years old and has an CORE I7 or I5, it should be able to play it.

1080p will give bad moire/aliasing problems. Unsusable. try 2.7K then
2017-5-12
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-12 12:52
Do not shoot in 1080p, this will give issues in quality. Try to download the link I gave, if your pc is about 2 5 years old and has an CORE I7 or I5, it should be able to play it.

1080p will give bad moire/aliasing problems. Unsusable. try 2.7K then

To pull my other thread responses back to this one; my laptop is an Acer Aspire; Intel Core i5-450M; 4GB DDR3 memory.   
From the comments made, it seems to me that it should run 4K.   Therefore the problem appears to lie elsewhere?
2017-5-13
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-11 02:54

Thank you for the link.    Installed the player and, yes, it plays the video but in a very jerky manner; nothing like the smooth video examples I've seen on DJI site etc.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your above message.
BTW, do new SD cards need to be formatted for the Mavic before recording?
2017-5-13
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-13 00:14
To pull my other thread responses back to this one; my laptop is an Acer Aspire; Intel Core i5-450M; 4GB DDR3 memory.   
From the comments made, it seems to me that it should run 4K.   Therefore the problem appears to lie elsewhere?

Oooh,Your laptop is too old sadly, if it doesn't have a powerfull GPU aside. Then you will need to upgrade to a newer laptop for 4K. 1080p might work, but this will give bad quality from the mavic.
2017-5-15
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-15 00:54
Oooh,Your laptop is too old sadly, if it doesn't have a powerfull GPU aside. Then you will need to upgrade to a newer laptop for 4K. 1080p might work, but this will give bad quality from the mavic.

But nees said "if your pc is about 2 5 years old and has an CORE I7 or I5, it should be able to play it."  who is right here?  My laptop has I5!
2017-5-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-15 01:35
But nees said "if your pc is about 2 5 years old and has an CORE I7 or I5, it should be able to play it."  who is right here?  My laptop has I5!

Yes, but I was comparing my own I7 laptop that has an NVIDIA gfx card in it. And yours is a low-end I5 that probably has no separate GPU. That will give you problems.

2017-5-15
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-15 03:13
Yes, but I was comparing my own I7 laptop that has an NVIDIA gfx card in it. And yours is a low-end I5 that probably has no separate GPU. That will give you problems.

Thank you.  I guess this may be my problem.   The details of my graphics device:-
Chip Type: Intel[R) HD Graphics [Core i5)
DAG Type: Internal
Adapter String: Intel[R) HD Graphics
Bios Informaton: Intel Video BIOS
Total Available Graphics Memory: 1760 MB
Dedicated Video Memory: 128 MB
System Video Memory: 0 MB
Shared System Memory: 1632 MB

Comments please?
2017-5-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-15 04:09
Thank you.  I guess this may be my problem.   The details of my graphics device:-
Chip Type: Intel[R) HD Graphics [Core i5)
DAG Type: Internal

HD Graphics is the integrated GPU in the CPU. This will not handle it well. There is your bottleneck.
2017-5-15
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-15 04:56
HD Graphics is the integrated GPU in the CPU. This will not handle it well. There is your bottleneck.

Thank you.   Can I fit an extra graphics card with a good spec.   I've lost touch with hardware these days.   I suspect I'm asking the impossible?
2017-5-15
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-15 08:20
Thank you.   Can I fit an extra graphics card with a good spec.   I've lost touch with hardware these days.   I suspect I'm asking the impossible?

in a laptop impossible...
2017-5-15
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-15 16:11

Ta, as I suspected.
2017-5-15
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-15 16:11

I know I'm a complete ignoramus as far as video is concerned.   What I don't understand is how I can run all the 4K DJI examples smoothly;  also YouTube Mavic instructional videos but I can't run my own video?  
2017-5-15
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

you could try just to upload your videos to youtube.
2017-5-16
Use props
Nees
lvl.4
Belgium

sagecelt Posted at 2017-5-15 23:49
I know I'm a complete ignoramus as far as video is concerned.   What I don't understand is how I can run all the 4K DJI examples smoothly;  also YouTube Mavic instructional videos but I can't run my own video?

Bitrate on your pc is a lot higher. Also try not to play the video from your card, but copy it to your drive and test again, also your USB might be a bottleneck, but still the GPU is still a very weak GPU, it is very VERY low end. And youtube is lower bitrate, that might just work out...
2017-5-16
Use props
sagecelt
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Nees Posted at 2017-5-16 05:10
Bitrate on your pc is a lot higher. Also try not to play the video from your card, but copy it to your drive and test again, also your USB might be a bottleneck, but still the GPU is still a very weak GPU, it is very VERY low end. And youtube is lower bitrate, that might just work out...

Thanks again for more valuable information.   I had, in fact, copied the video to my laptop and to my desktop in order to run it.   

If I understand you correctly, the videos on YouTube are at a lower bitrate than that recorded from the Mavic?   Is that also true of the examples shown on DJI website?
2017-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules