Style/Color settings
1210 4 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JaushG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412106 ft
United States

Hey guys,Im new to drones and cameras so I'm trying to learn some.

What style/color settings do you all use to get the best still shots?
I've been messing around with custom settings and have still not found something I love.

Any suggestions?

2017-5-11
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

...seems no one has any trouble or bad results.
2018-6-21
Use props
Mars5150
lvl.4
Flight distance : 391493 ft
Italy

I'm also not happy with color results of photos taken with mavic Pro.
They seem dull.
Low coloring and also changin the settings I couln't get a desired result.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
2018-6-21
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

You haven't given us a clue what settings and exposure you used, so how are we able to give the right answer?
The style & colour settings provide the skilled and knowledgeable photographer with greater flexibility. If 1 of them gave the best photo, there would be just 1 setting.

I assume you are just taking JPG format images. They exist because every viewer device can display them. They also come in smaller files than the sensor generated because of compression. The process of making a JPG includes colour adjustment and sharpening and this is related to the style and colour settings.
Experienced photographers use the RAW format because they can make colour and sharpening adjustment themselves.
May I suggest you set Colour to none OR D-Cinelike. Set style  to Landscape (If this is what you are shooting). You might improve the colour of the image by using the manual exposure to darken the image very slightly. TIP use the auto setting to get a feel for the exposure value to use, remember it and set the manual setting to it. From there you can make slight adjustments of exposure.
OR
Using auto setting, use the right hand wheel to adjust exposure slightly, preferably slightly darker.
You need to consider an image editing program to tweak this regard. You need to learn a lot before you consider RAW, but then you will be able to do amazing things.

Straight from the drone in JPG
After processing the RAW image and cropping.
See the difference?
2018-6-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That's a big question - I'll use all of the settings at different times depending on what I want to capture and how I want the images to look. The lighting conditions, subject matter etc all play a big part which is why you have all of the options to choose from. There is no universal setting - it's like asking which paint brush do artists use...
2018-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules