P4Pro - Infrared sensors could work in other modes
917 6 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb348619b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318438 ft
Brazil

I had a P3Pro and last week I bought a Phantom 4 Pro Plus!

What a great machine!!
So estable, very reliable and great LCD screen on the remote control!
I'm feeling very confident flying it...  I really loved it!!

But I'm really disappointed that the infrared sensors don't work in other modes that beginners mode....  I feel that they are very useful and would be great to have it in other modes.

Why is that?

DJI could make it work in all modes (excepting Sports Mode).

What do you think about that?

2017-5-11
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

They also work in tripod mode.
2017-5-11
Use props
method007
Second Officer
Flight distance : 110449 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm guessing they don't work in other modes (besides Tripod) for a reason.  Likely due to their inability to process fast motion, likely due to a bottleneck of CPU power.
2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As method said these kind of processing powers cost a lot more to integrate into the P4 which would bring the price wayyyy high!
2017-5-11
Use props
SteelFlyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 286076 ft
United States

I think it also has to do with the range of the infrared.  Their range is much smaller and if they enabled them in other modes, because of the short distance to the object when detected, the aircraft wouldn't be able to stop quickly enough.
2017-5-13
Use props
fansb348619b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1318438 ft
Brazil

SteelFlyer Posted at 2017-5-13 06:39
I think it also has to do with the range of the infrared.  Their range is much smaller and if they enabled them in other modes, because of the short distance to the object when detected, the aircraft wouldn't be able to stop quickly enough.

But in this case would be great if you could have this option... in other words, if you turn the infrared on the velocity of the drone would be slower...

You could choose when you want or need the infrared sensors... Don't you think?
2017-5-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb348619b Posted at 2017-5-13 23:30
But in this case would be great if you could have this option... in other words, if you turn the infrared on the velocity of the drone would be slower...

You could choose when you want or need the infrared sensors... Don't you think?

Aloha fansb34,

Actually, there are Tripod enthusiasts on the Forum who will gladly explain to you the fine art of using Tripod.  Tripod is the flight mode that slows down controls for more stable video.  In this respect, the side infrared sensors can assist in providing a stable platform and avoid obstacles as a flier approaches from the side without jerking the camera.  You really need to look up the videos and other information DJI has regarding Tripod.

But most of all, you need to understand "Narrow Sensing".  In Tripod, Narrow Sensing will open a blocked path if the Phantom can pass through the space.  It is really amazing how this works if you are not prepared for it.  The C1 and C2 buttons on the bottom of the Remote Controller can enable the "Narrow Sensing" option when you want to pass through a gap in a grove of trees or door space.  Scroll down in the list of options to select the narrow sensing option and you have to hold the button to keep the option operational.

So, basically you have received your request.  DJi has provided what you want with the side infrared sensors.  Look it up and enjoy it!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules