New Batteries Shipped Below Storage Levels
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

So I'm noticing that the batteries I get from DJI are pretty low on the charge factor (15% or so) for storage. I would think they should be FULLY CHARGED the first time around (I'm old and supersticious) so does one leave them below standard storage levels if they are not planning to use them for an extended period? I'd prefer not to charge mine until I'm ready to put them into the rotation. I currently have 6 but only 4 in my rotation. Am I just lazy for not charging them and then bring them back down to 30%?     Thoughts?    Barney
2015-3-7
Use props
CryoEng
lvl.2
United States

Li-Po batteries should be stored in a mid range of charge.  Never at full discharge or full charge.

Actually, full charge storage is the worst condition.

Cheers
2015-3-7
Use props
godfrey.dayo
lvl.2

United States

Hi Barney, DJI guarantees the batteries for only 3 months so I would at least test them, i.e., use them for at least 3 cycles each, just to ensure that they are charging and performing normally during flight, before the guarantee period expires.

Then I'll store them at 50% charge with periodic checks to ensure the voltage don't drop too low. Cheers.
2015-3-7
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

godfrey.dayo@po Posted at 2015-3-8 10:54
Hi Barney, DJI guarantees the batteries for only 3 months so I would at least test them, i.e., use t ...

Thanks Folks. 3 months. For a $129 battery? I think Duracell & Eveready top that for a $5 battery! Mind boggling!  Guess I'll pull them all into rotation.  Thanks again.

Barney
2015-3-8
Use props
rdc44444
lvl.4

United States

Barney Rubbel Posted at 2015-3-9 01:10
Thanks Folks. 3 months. For a $129 battery? I think Duracell & Eveready top that for a $5 battery! ...

Lime fuel has a full one year warranty. I recently purchased the 6000 mah battery and averaging about 2 extra minutes of flight time. Cost the same as dji battery.  Time will tell how well this battery hold up against dji battery but so far I'm loving the battery. Hopefully dji comes out with a more powerful battery  and longer warranty to match the competition.
2015-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules