12Next >
16565 58 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf651c0d3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85404 ft
United States

My remote controller upon charging will charge in about 10-15 minutes and the lights turned off. There is no way the charging is done in that short period. I chat with customer servicce and said that i should be getting an email on how the send it for repairs, that was 3 day ago and still nothing. Looking at all the threads here, looks like there are a lot issues on all product from DJI and a lot of people are unhappy about their service.
Anybody have the same issue here? both the remote controller and the service?. I have $100+ drone and the contoller and the drone still worls, this expensive one is suppose to be better as well as the service.
I have this drone for maybe 5-6 months and have flown it less than 10 times.
2017-5-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you please provide the case number they gave you so I can follow up on the shipping label?
2017-5-11
Use props
fansfc28f6d9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112372 ft
Singapore

I am having the same problem.
My drone is less than 1 year old and I have already to send it back to fix 2 times.

Furthermore, I just received my drone from DJI because of RC battery problem. It comes back but the issue is even worse!
CAS-544864-Y9H0Q4
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fansfc28f6d9 Posted at 2017-5-16 10:59
I am having the same problem.
My drone is less than 1 year old and I have already to send it back to fix 2 times.

Sorry for the trouble you've been caused.
What do you mean that it comes back but the issue is even worse? the remote is not working? Please describe it in detail so we can help you escalate it, thank you.
2017-5-16
Use props
Roger Wolf
New
United States

I just bought my Phantom 4 Yesterday and out of the box it will not charge. The drone Battery charges fine but on my RC the charging light furthest to the left just blinks. When I turn it on the Power indicator blinks red while the charge indicator left light blinks white and the RC Beeps. I have charged the device for 3-4 hours with no luck.  
2017-5-22
Use props
Roger Wolf
New
United States

I just bought my Phantom 4 Yesterday and out of the box it will not charge. The drone Battery charges fine but on my RC the charging light furthest to the left just blinks. When I turn it on the Power indicator blinks red while the charge indicator left light blinks white and the RC Beeps. I have charged the device for 3-4 hours multiple times with no luck.

Did I just get a bad remote??

I have done hours of research online and it seems this is a common problem and there is no real answer. Not good for a brand new drone that I have invested $1300.

This is very disappointing since I was excited to put this thing in the air.  

Could someone please help. Gonna call DJI NA tomorrow but sending the remote off and waiting is unacceptable for a 24hr old drone.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Roger Wolf Posted at 2017-5-22 17:15
I just bought my Phantom 4 Yesterday and out of the box it will not charge. The drone Battery charges fine but on my RC the charging light furthest to the left just blinks. When I turn it on the Power indicator blinks red while the charge indicator left light blinks white and the RC Beeps. I have charged the device for 3-4 hours multiple times with no luck.

Did I just get a bad remote??

Roger, very sorry to hear about the issue on remote, it seems to be a product malfunction, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Since you've contacted our support, did you get a case number to send it in?
2017-5-23
Use props
Why not
lvl.1
Flight distance : 137461 ft
Australia

Yep. My controller shows 2 lights for about 45 seconds and then dies when charging.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Roger Wolf Posted at 2017-5-22 17:11
I just bought my Phantom 4 Yesterday and out of the box it will not charge. The drone Battery charges fine but on my RC the charging light furthest to the left just blinks. When I turn it on the Power indicator blinks red while the charge indicator left light blinks white and the RC Beeps. I have charged the device for 3-4 hours with no luck.

I'm sorry to hear, could you clarify where you got the unit? Have you looked into potentially exchanging it? Everything is updated firmware wise, correct?
2017-5-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Why not Posted at 2017-5-24 08:36
Yep. My controller shows 2 lights for about 45 seconds and then dies when charging.

I replied to your own thread.
2017-5-25
Use props
fansf698fd23
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77270 ft
Australia

I had a similar issue with my phantom 4 remote after i updated the firmware. I recalibrated my remote and that seem to have solved the problem
2017-7-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansf698fd23 Posted at 2017-7-7 21:56
I had a similar issue with my phantom 4 remote after i updated the firmware. I recalibrated my remote and that seem to have solved the problem

We are glad it's get addressed, please keep us posted if there is further problem.
2017-7-10
Use props
alpha_omega5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 77270 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-7-10 00:05
We are glad it's get addressed, please keep us posted if there is further problem.

Hi Mindy

The problem actually re-surfaced and I had to send it to DJI for repairs
2017-7-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

alpha_omega5 Posted at 2017-7-13 20:38
Hi Mindy

The problem actually re-surfaced and I had to send it to DJI for repairs

Sorry to hear that , please send email about this issue to support@dji.com , we'll create a case for you and tell you how to send it in.
2017-7-14
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

Same problem here, except I sent mine in for a "repair" already, got it back, and is behaving exactly the same way - no charging! Cost me $85 for the repair, and not fixed. Now what?
2017-7-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans1e7bea63 Posted at 2017-7-15 14:18
Same problem here, except I sent mine in for a "repair" already, got it back, and is behaving exactly the same way - no charging! Cost me $85 for the repair, and not fixed. Now what?

Sorry for this, I've replied your another post, please check it.
2017-7-15
Use props
userccded442b5
New
Flight distance : 527825 ft
United States

Shouldn't this be a DJI ISSUE AND NOT A consumer issue? Seems to be a lot of consumers all having the same issue. Paying shipping, and then having to pay repair costs if they don't have insurance. Seems almost as if the firmware update made the issue on purpose just so controllers could be sent back and "repaired" at a cost. How many thousands of controllers need to be repaired?  For an item that is well over $1000 dollars and now we have this issue?  I call B.
S.  
2017-8-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

userccded442b5 Posted at 2017-8-7 17:30
Shouldn't this be a DJI ISSUE AND NOT A consumer issue? Seems to be a lot of consumers all having the same issue. Paying shipping, and then having to pay repair costs if they don't have insurance. Seems almost as if the firmware update made the issue on purpose just so controllers could be sent back and "repaired" at a cost. How many thousands of controllers need to be repaired?  For an item that is well over $1000 dollars and now we have this issue?  I call B.
S.

If this problem was caused by hardware malfunction in warranty after evaluation, the repair will be free.
We apologize if there is any trouble caused, but DJI will never damage our products on purpose. We wish every customers have a pleasant experience and are trying our best to improve our products and customer service all the time, thank you for your understanding.
2017-8-7
Use props
fans7455042e
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-8-7 19:56
If this problem was caused by hardware malfunction in warranty after evaluation, the repair will be free.
We apologize if there is any trouble caused, but DJI will never damage our products on purpose. We wish every customers have a pleasant experience and are trying our best to improve our products and customer service all the time, thank you for your understanding.

I now have the same issue, the Remote Controller was only charging 2 lights - so I called into DJI support tonight, they had me do an upgrade, now the Controller only charges for about 2 minutes and shuts down. I have re-inserted the power supply multiple times, and tried rebooting the Controller - no luck, unit now dead.
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fans7455042e Posted at 2017-8-24 00:02
I now have the same issue, the Remote Controller was only charging 2 lights - so I called into DJI support tonight, they had me do an upgrade, now the Controller only charges for about 2 minutes and shuts down. I have re-inserted the power supply multiple times, and tried rebooting the Controller - no luck, unit now dead.

Sorry to hear about this, please contact the Support to start a case, then send it in for diagnosis and repair.
2017-8-24
Use props
fans7455042e
New
United States

Well, I did that - the sad part about this is - I purchased this unit to replace my Vision + unit, after an upgrade on that unit, the camera would not work anymore on the cell phone while the Aircraft was in flight. Now I have to go through this again with a new unit I just purchased a few months ago. Please remind my why your products should be purchased over others who don't have these types of issues!!!
2017-8-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7455042e Posted at 2017-8-24 14:34
Well, I did that - the sad part about this is - I purchased this unit to replace my Vision + unit, after an upgrade on that unit, the camera would not work anymore on the cell phone while the Aircraft was in flight. Now I have to go through this again with a new unit I just purchased a few months ago. Please remind my why your products should be purchased over others who don't have these types of issues!!!

We sincerely apologize for all the troubles that have been brought, local repair team will take good care of it when it arrives, please keep us updated if you need further assistance in repair process, we will try our best to help you.
Besides, we will keep improving our product quality to make your experience with us better.
2017-8-24
Use props
flolinemedia
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180778 ft
United States

I just bought my Phantom 4 Pro Plus that arrived yesterday and out of the box the controller will not charge. The drone batteries all charge fine (got 3 of them) but on my RC the charging light furthest to the left just blinks. When I turn it on the Power indicator blinks red while the charge indicator left light blinks white and the RC Beeps. I have charged the device for 3-4 hours multiple times with no luck. Made sure the plug was all the way in firmly as well. Also not charging any batteries at the same time as the controller...

Did I just get a bad remote like Roger Wolf did??

I got it on Amazon and don't have time to wait for sending it in to be looked at. Probably going to just return it on Amazon and buy another to replace it.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI55303
New
United States

I am having the same problem. Controller discharges, plug in shows charging stages for 1-2 minutes then dark. After 4-5 hours charging is only 75%.
Purchased new 9/9/16 and used less than 12 times.

'What do I need to do?
2017-9-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJI55303 Posted at 2017-9-16 17:28
I am having the same problem. Controller discharges, plug in shows charging stages for 1-2 minutes then dark. After 4-5 hours charging is only 75%.
Purchased new 9/9/16 and used less than 12 times.

We suggest to send in the RC for evaluation and repair, but your RC has been out of warranty, the repair may be charged.
2017-9-16
Use props
userc382771980
New
Flight distance : 10233 ft
United States

Is there any fix for this?
2018-1-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

userc382771980 Posted at 2018-1-20 18:04
Is there any fix for this?

For the RC charging issue, you can try to refresh the firmware of the RC  by the app and charge again. If it doesn't help, we suggest sending the RC in for repair, thanks.
2018-1-20
Use props
Djiale
lvl.1
Indonesia

Dear all,
I am experiencing the same terrible problem.
I bought the P4Pro in December in Singapore. In January I came back home in Indonesia and unpacked it, i tried to charge the remote controller but it doesn't charge, it lights up the white lights for 1 minute and it dies afterwards, no signs of life. When i try to turn it on It keeps on blinking red very fast and it sound the alarm.
DJi is despatching faulty devices. I contacted the support team and they said that i should pay for the repair if i send it to a repair center in Indonesia. And if i send it to HK it might get stuck at Custom. In Indonesia people are not allowed to send mobile phones due to the presence of batteries inside, can you imagine what they are going to say for a remote controller with batteries inside which they can not even be removed?
A respectable company would send straight away a replacement to the user. And they would send a package with currier fees already paid in order to return the faulty product.
To the support team I provided proof of payment, Serial numbers, video, pictures...all the proofs that my product is new and never used.
My drone has zero hours of life, i paid over 2,000 Singapore dollars for it and i was screwed.
Can you imagine if Canon or Nikon would dispatch faulty cameras or lenses? I have invested a lot in camera and lenses, never had an issue with them.
Obviously DJI can not compete with good and respectable international brands that made history.
This can bring down a company, i am afraid guys but DjI wont make good history if they can not improve their products and support.
A company can not have only huge budgets for marketing, it should take care of its clients.
Very upsetting experience with DJI.
2018-1-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Djiale Posted at 2018-1-25 02:51
Dear all,
I bought the P4Pro in December in Singapore. In January I came back home in Indonesia and unpacked it, i tried to charge the remote controller but it doesn't charge, it lights up the white lights for 1 minute and it dies afterwards, no signs of life. When i try to turn it on It keeps on blinking red very fast and it sound the alarm.

Sir, sorry that you feel disappointed at our products. Which platform did you contact our support when you get the answer? Please provide the SN number of your product. We will help you solve the problem. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-25
Use props
Djiale
lvl.1
Indonesia

Dear DJI Elektra, Thank you for your reply. I sent you a PM. Regards
2018-1-25
Use props
Djiale
lvl.1
Canada

Dear DJI Elektra,
3 days ago, you asked me to provide you some information. I immediately sent you via private message what you requested and afterwards i have not heard anything anymore.
This is not what i was expecting. It sounded on the forum visible to everyone that i was receiving quick and efficient help but it was not true.
Very disappointed with the overall response and i keep seeing online very negative feedbacks from many users.
DJI for its support is proving to be a not very serious company that take care of its clients.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Djiale Posted at 2018-1-28 05:42
Dear DJI Elektra,
3 days ago, you asked me to provide you some information. I immediately sent you via private message what you requested and afterwards i have not heard anything anymore.
This is not what i was expecting. It sounded on the forum visible to everyone that i was receiving quick and efficient help but it was not true.

Djiale, we apologize for the late response since Elektra is off duty recently, we are very sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, while currently, we do not provide international warranty, and the official repair center locates in China and customer will need to pay the shipping costs. If there is malfunction after damage assessment, we will replace it without any cost if it is still in replacement period.
Have you contacted your dealer in advance? What did they say?
2018-1-29
Use props
fansc79f6c51
New

United States

I am having the same issue, my Phantom 4 which i have used 2-3 times total.... the remote controller will not charge it just blinks the first light.  I have tried to update the firmware, roll back the firmware, and everything in between.  What else can i do?
Also to note, I own a Ronin-M, Osmo+ and Osmo Mobile and have no issues with any of your other products just this...
2018-2-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansc79f6c51 Posted at 2018-2-9 01:41
I am having the same issue, my Phantom 4 which i have used 2-3 times total.... the remote controller will not charge it just blinks the first light.  I have tried to update the firmware, roll back the firmware, and everything in between.  What else can i do?
Also to note, I own a Ronin-M, Osmo+ and Osmo Mobile and have no issues with any of your other products just this...

Hi there, if you had tried to refresh the latest firmware for the RC but the issue persists, I would suggest sending the RC in for repair. Please fill in some info on the online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.
2018-2-9
Use props
fans66ab0edb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16562 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

fansf698fd23 Posted at 2017-7-7 21:56

I do repair on radio control - xcopterbrasil@gmail.com
2018-2-19
Use props
fans66ab0edb
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

fansc79f6c51 Posted at 2018-2-9 01:41

2018-2-19
Use props
fans66ab0edb
lvl.1
  • >>>
Brazil

Djiale Posted at 2018-1-25 02:51
Dear all,
I bought the P4Pro in December in Singapore. In January I came back home in Indonesia and unpacked it, i tried to charge the remote controller but it doesn't charge, it lights up the white lights for 1 minute and it dies afterwards, no signs of life. When i try to turn it on It keeps on blinking red very fast and it sound the alarm.

2018-2-19
Use props
rider7874
lvl.2
  • >>>
India

ITS BATTERY POWER GAUGING ERROR... U NEED TO REPLACE THE POWERPART OF RC CONTROLLER.
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_YpZya5zyxzI0
lvl.1
United States

Looks like I'll be having to join this problem which is very frustrating after paying $1800 for my drone and only flying it twice. Having it for roughly three months now.

I understand bigger companies have to outsource for parts and components, but for them not to have identified a bad parts batch and contact customers pro-actively speaks volume. It also makes me wonder what else I'll have to worry about in the future.

I have contacted support, now i'm waiting for a response.
2018-3-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_YpZya5zyxzI0 Posted at 2018-3-6 02:15
Looks like I'll be having to join this problem which is very frustrating after paying $1800 for my drone and only flying it twice. Having it for roughly three months now.

I understand bigger companies have to outsource for parts and components, but for them not to have identified a bad parts batch and contact customers pro-actively speaks volume. It also makes me wonder what else I'll have to worry about in the future.

I've read your new post and replied there: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139162-1-1.html, please check and update on your post, thanks so much!
2018-3-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules