Phantom 4 Controller not Charging
16567 58 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans38cae93d
New

I had this issue for about 6 months before finally deciding the send it in. The drone was already 1 1/2 years old so I figured it was going to cost me an arm and a leg. However, less than a week from the day I sent it to DJI, I get an email saying they replaced the motherboard on the controller at no cost, and has already been shipped back to me. Pretty excited about this awesome customer service... just hoping it doesn’t happen again with the controller
2018-4-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans38cae93d Posted at 2018-4-12 03:30
I had this issue for about 6 months before finally deciding the send it in. The drone was already 1 1/2 years old so I figured it was going to cost me an arm and a leg. However, less than a week from the day I sent it to DJI, I get an email saying they replaced the motherboard on the controller at no cost, and has already been shipped back to me. Pretty excited about this awesome customer service... just hoping it doesn’t happen again with the controller

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Nice to know everything works well. Wish you have a good time on flying the drone.
2018-4-13
Use props
fans7719e96a
lvl.1

My controller has this same issue.  I was upgrading to the latest firmware and the controller started beeping midway through even though I had charged it prior to starting the upgrade.  It now will not charge, only one of the lights blinks for a several seconds and then all lights go off.  In the app it says low battery on the controller.  I contacted DJI support tonight and was told that I would have to pay the shipping both ways and the repair for the "damage" to the controller since the 6 month warranty has passed or I could buy a new controller.  I bought my Phantom 4 Pro drone and controller in August of 2017.  Given all of the posts here and on other sites, it seems that DJI is not owning up to an issue that is occurring repeatedly and frequently and is lining their pockets with our money by suggesting that the best thing to do is buy a new controller so you have "6 more months of warranty".  I did not cause any damage to this product.  It seems to be a manufacturing defect that needs to be made right.  Come on DJI, do what you need to do for your customers!  
2018-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans7719e96a Posted at 2018-7-13 14:53
My controller has this same issue.  I was upgrading to the latest firmware and the controller started beeping midway through even though I had charged it prior to starting the upgrade.  It now will not charge, only one of the lights blinks for a several seconds and then all lights go off.  In the app it says low battery on the controller.  I contacted DJI support tonight and was told that I would have to pay the shipping both ways and the repair for the "damage" to the controller since the 6 month warranty has passed or I could buy a new controller.  I bought my Phantom 4 Pro drone and controller in August of 2017.  Given all of the posts here and on other sites, it seems that DJI is not owning up to an issue that is occurring repeatedly and frequently and is lining their pockets with our money by suggesting that the best thing to do is buy a new controller so you have "6 more months of warranty".  I did not cause any damage to this product.  It seems to be a manufacturing defect that needs to be made right.  Come on DJI, do what you need to do for your customers!

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, the warranty period of Remote Controller (without Built-in Screen) and Remote Controller with Built-in Screen(Controller)are both 12 months, only the Remote Controller with Built-in Screen (Screen) is 6 months, you can still send in the RC for repair service, we will evaluate the device first to see if the issue was caused by the firmware, currently, we are unable to cover all the shipping fee for all the regions and countries, therefore, customer will need to pay for it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-7-13
Use props
fans7719e96a
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-13 22:53
We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, the warranty period of Remote Controller (without Built-in Screen) is 12 months, but the Remote Controller with Built-in Screen is 6 months, you can still send in the RC for repair service, we will evaluate the device first to see if the issue was caused by the firmware, currently, we are unable to cover all the shipping fee for all the regions and countries, therefore, customer will need to pay for it. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

My controller does not have the built in screen so it should be under warranty until next month.  I will send back for repair.  
It also sounds like some education is needed for your customer support staff who are answering the phones.  The person that I spoke with didn't ask whether mine had a built in screen or not - just said 6 months on the warranty and that I would be responsible for all charges.
2018-7-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7719e96a Posted at 2018-7-15 05:30
My controller does not have the built in screen so it should be under warranty until next month.  I will send back for repair.  
It also sounds like some education is needed for your customer support staff who are answering the phones.  The person that I spoke with didn't ask whether mine had a built in screen or not - just said 6 months on the warranty and that I would be responsible for all charges.

I corrected my last post that only the screen of the Remote Controller with Built-in Screen is 6 month, the Controller is still 12 months, we will make an investigation and keep improving our customer support.
Please start a ticket and send in the RC for further evaluation, our repair center will verify if it is a warranty case after the damage assessment.
2018-7-15
Use props
fans7719e96a
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-7-15 19:26
I corrected my last post that only the screen of the Remote Controller with Built-in Screen is 6 month, the Controller is still 12 months, we will make an investigation and keep improving our customer support.
Please start a ticket and send in the RC for further evaluation, our repair center will verify if it is a warranty case after the damage assessment.

Thank you for the update and for the information.  I will send the RC in for repair.
2018-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans7719e96a Posted at 2018-7-16 16:10
Thank you for the update and for the information.  I will send the RC in for repair.

You are welcome, please let us know if there is any other issue or you need any assistance during this process.
2018-7-16
Use props
djiuser_kWcStmzTX9Nb
lvl.1

Same issue with my RC will not charge
New and fresh out of the box.
I am sending it back to the retailer for a refund
Dont wont a new drone that i malfunction from start
2018-7-31
Use props
Aj637
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54544 ft
United States

djiuser_kWcStmzTX9Nb Posted at 2018-7-31 14:49

I just posted about this and how I fixed it with some help from other DJI P4 owners...

https://forum.dji.com/thread-116313-1-1.html
2018-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_kWcStmzTX9Nb Posted at 2018-7-31 14:49

Hi, we are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with the brand-new RC, hope you will get the refund soon.
2018-7-31
Use props
fans138bef75
lvl.1
Singapore

It’s very disheartening to find this thread because I too am having troubles right out of the box. My remote control doesn’t work and neither does the charger. I’ve submitted the problem but it’s already  frustrating me how long it takes by email to get replies for each question answered.
2018-12-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans138bef75 Posted at 12-15 23:03
It’s very disheartening to find this thread because I too am having troubles right out of the box. My remote control doesn’t work and neither does the charger. I’ve submitted the problem but it’s already  frustrating me how long it takes by email to get replies for each question answered.

Hello there, sorry for the troubles with the brand-new RC and charger, I managed to check the email record via your Forum account, it is recommended to send in the RC and charger for further evaluation, our repair center will help you out. We have informed the support team to reply your email as soon as possible. The email response time usually will be longer than the online chat or the phone support, if you need an urgent support in the future, please contact our support via online chat or the phone support www.dji.com/support, thank you.
2018-12-17
Use props
fans138bef75
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-17 02:35
Hello there, sorry for the troubles with the brand-new RC and charger, I managed to check the email record via your Forum account, it is recommended to send in the RC and charger for further evaluation, our repair center will help you out. We have informed the support team to reply your email as soon as possible. The email response time usually will be longer than the online chat or the phone support, if you need an urgent support in the future, please contact our support via online chat or the phone support www.dji.com/support, thank you.

I have already done the online support and they told me to email. I have asked for a phone number and no one replied. I’m still waiting for a reply.
2018-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans138bef75 Posted at 12-17 16:00
I have already done the online support and they told me to email. I have asked for a phone number and no one replied. I’m still waiting for a reply.

I see our support team has replied the email with the next step, please check and let us know if you have a further concern.
2018-12-17
Use props
djiuser_6UOH7KMpp59p
New

United States

It is now June 2019 and I have the same issue.  These issues are all over the internet from customers going back to 2016.  The posts above lead me to think I will need to send my controller back to DJI.  I put in an inquiry today, after a cumbersome fiddling around on the support site to finally get a link to be able to send an email.  My complaint is this:  My controller for my almost new phantom 4+ controller with built in screen, seems to have faulty soldering on the mother board.  This is a manufacturing error, and DJI should fix it with a better quality motherboard.  What now?  
2019-6-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_6UOH7KMpp59p Posted at 6-1 05:35
It is now June 2019 and I have the same issue.  These issues are all over the internet from customers going back to 2016.  The posts above lead me to think I will need to send my controller back to DJI.  I put in an inquiry today, after a cumbersome fiddling around on the support site to finally get a link to be able to send an email.  My complaint is this:  My controller for my almost new phantom 4+ controller with built in screen, seems to have faulty soldering on the mother board.  This is a manufacturing error, and DJI should fix it with a better quality motherboard.  What now?

Sorry for that. May I have your case number for better assistance?
2019-6-2
Use props
fansd3a1a992
lvl.1
Flight distance : 91686 ft
Australia

I have a Phantom 4 pro plus. Hardly flown now the controller beeps saying low battery however the controller won’t charge more than a few minutes. I had the RC chip replaced and was returned half charged. Not sure why I’m still unable to charge the controller more than a few minutes before the controller turns off.
2020-1-24
Use props
djiuser_dAfosw96zL9p
New
Flight distance : 4337 ft
Fiji

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-2-9 22:44
Hi there, if you had tried to refresh the latest firmware for the RC but the issue persists, I would suggest sending the RC in for repair. Please fill in some info on the online repair link of our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We will do our best to help this out. Thank you.

Same
Continual problems with expensive product. Would never recommend.
Current problem controller won't charge
Don't even ask about previous problems.. have developed new anger problems ......
Ideas ?
2020-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules