Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Pulsating noise when live streaming to Facebook with audio on P4P+
6496 19 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ntsloan
New
United States

I just got my replacement P4P+ last week and the first time I tried to live stream from facebook with it I got a really weird pulsing or clicking sound as soon as I started up the props. At the very beginning it was normal audio. Anyone else have this issue or know of a solution? I've included a link to my facebook video so you can hear it for yourself.
Public facebook video

2017-5-11
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

You need to block the speaker in your phone or tablet app. It seems it is the propeller and or sensors noise.
2017-5-11
Use props
ntsloan
New
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-11 19:02
You need to block the speaker in your phone or tablet app. It seems it is the propeller and or sensors noise.

Not sure how to do that with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus which has it's on integrated tablet controller. Also not that familiar with android which is the OS on this tablet.
2017-5-12
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

ntsloan Posted at 2017-5-12 06:48
Not sure how to do that with the Phantom 4 Pro Plus which has it's on integrated tablet controller. Also not that familiar with android which is the OS on this tablet.

Never tried on the P4P+

You can try this:

from the main page of the APP click on the wheel on the top left
then
click on system settings
then
scroll a little bit on the right column click on Sound and Notification.

You will have 3 choices First one is the MEDIA VOLUME, try lowering it and see if it will make a difference.

Good luck!

2017-5-12
Use props
fans67f223a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 656650 ft
Panama

Nysloan one question so in the video you was talking with the controller of the P4P+ ??? So it have a built in microphone ????? Because i have my p4p+ and i dont get any sound only that pulsating noise
2017-6-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

The pulsing is the sonar sensors being picked up on the phones mic. Once you get away from the ac you wont hear that anymore.  
2017-6-28
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

fans67f223a2 Posted at 2017-6-28 18:45
Nysloan one question so in the video you was talking with the controller of the P4P+ ??? So it have a built in microphone ????? Because i have my p4p+ and i dont get any sound only that pulsating noise

The video saved on the phone uses the phones mic to add audio to the video trac.
2017-6-28
Use props
fans67f223a2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 656650 ft
Panama

Oo ok nice to hear that so how far away i most be to dont hear the pulsating sound on the livestream??
2017-6-29
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

5-10 feet, maybe a little more but once its off flying you should be fine.
2017-6-29
Use props
NCdeadpool
New
United States

I'm having same issue. That pulsating sound you hear is the last millisecond of audio picked up before the audio recording glitched out.  The pattern I've noticed is when an alert sounds (obstacle beep, low battery, etc.) The audio glitches and loops that last half second of audio before the alert occurred for the remainder of the video cache recorded to the + controller.  DJI told me to send it in for repair, but seeing that others have there issue, I'm pretty sure it's a firmware bug.  I noticed it also happens when setting up auto flight features.  It appears the prompts on the screen to set up a flight path glitch the audio out the same way.  Hopefully a firmware update will fix this...

If you want live stream to work, get in the air and free of obstacles before you go live, and know If at any point if you get an alert that triggers a beep on your controller your sound has definitely bugged out for remainder of your video.
2017-7-20
Use props
NCdeadpool
New
United States

I also experimented with turning notifications and media volume to 0.  No change...

Also tried removing DJI priority setting in notifications on device.  No change...

Each scenario resulted in exact same pattern I described above...
2017-7-20
Use props
Daves Drone 555
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799567 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all. Got the exact same issue myself, sound great for a minute or so then the constant dit dit dit noise. Issue does not clear no matter how close or far away the drone is. I will try some of the solutions proffered and if I come across anything worth sharing during testing I will with you guys.
2017-7-23
Use props
dronestarvision
lvl.1
United States

I am experiencing the same thing... Honestly I haven't heard of anyone that owns the P4P+ that doesn't experience the same thing. What I find on this forum is most people that comment about fix actions on the P4P+, actually don't own a P4P+. I have tried everything to get Live Streaming to work with my P4P+ and nothing has worked. I have killed the audio, I have lowered the video quality setting and I have tried different frequencies. There have been multiple threads on this issue and not once have I seen someone from DJI comment.
2017-7-23
Use props
fans1ef30513
New
Flight distance : 3743 ft
New Zealand

I just had the same issue. Took my P4P+ out for a flight and went Live on the book. Same issue. Sounds like a helicopter for the entire duration.
2017-9-15
Use props
Eggbeater77
New
Australia

Same issue here too anyone work out how to fix it yet?
2017-9-15
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Eggbeater77 Posted at 2017-9-15 19:55
Same issue here too anyone work out how to fix it yet?

How about posting a video of the problem so we can hear it?
2017-9-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

You need to trun of the audio when you do live stream
2017-9-16
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans67f223a2 Posted at 2017-6-28 18:45

Yeahh me too, not trying to do any streamings, only tried recording with sound and dropped it when i found out it only was recording strange beeps all the time.
2017-9-16
Use props
KEDDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Geebax Posted at 2017-9-15 20:07
How about posting a video of the problem so we can hear it?

I am not on FB so can't check if it is the same but OP did post a link to something.
2017-9-16
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-16 07:42
I am not on FB so can't check if it is the same but OP did post a link to something.

Yeah, sorry about that I missed it. But I am still no wiser. It seems like a simple rythmic form of interferrence, possibly from the RC units transmitter. But it seems to stop near the end of the clip.
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules