Mavic's RTH button is useless when windy!! My new drone is killed !!
14126 229 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans41561333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 102507 ft
Singapore

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-13 05:27
fans41561333 ,   Sorry to hear about your mishap , Just so you know for future reference the
                         Mavic's RTH max ground speed 22mph (Fact) the Mavic does not read wind speed
                         it can only sense strong winds weather they are Head or cross winds, WARNING

Thanks for details. I felt I am in trouble when 78% of battery left with 40% and flight is still almost 800m away, much less than 50% of original distance 1.2 km. I've tried only basic features in previous day and sport mode or lowering attitude is not in my mind. I will take time to try all features first before flying far next time so that I can try different methods when in different kind of troubles again. Is Mavic considered smartest drone suitable for traveling in drone market ? I am very new to drones and bought it after watching its launch video and seeing it can even fly indoor safely.
2017-5-13
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-11 21:32
No, i want the drone to be able to adapt/adjust the direction to return home. It had so much time to adjust the direction and it couldn't.

Don't you understand that it was exactly the wind that made it take that route ??? It drifted that way because it was BLOWN that way by the strong wind. I twas doing everything it could to reach you but it just couldn't. Maybe a Phantom 4 could have done the job because it has more powerful motors but not the Mavic.
2017-5-14
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

So to get this straight, you as a newbie, three days after opening the box, fly 1.5 miles way beyond line of sight, over water, in unadvisably high wind with no idea how the RTH function works and it's DJI's fault you lost your Mavic? People like you shouldn't be allowed to own these things.
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-13 22:56
Thanks for details. I felt I am in trouble when 78% of battery left with 40% and flight is still almost 900m away, much less than 50% of original distance 1.2 km. I've tried only basic features in previous day during first time flying and sport mode or lowering attitude is not in my mind. I will take time to try all features first before flying far next time so that I can try different methods when in different kind of troubles again. Is Mavic considered smartest drone suitable for traveling in drone market ? I am very new to drones bought it after watching its launch video and seeing it can even fly indoor safely.

fans41561333 , I have yet to see another drone on the market with all the
                       features and capabilities of a DJI Drone . Your Mishap was
                       unfortunately a mistake , we all make them , your not alone
                       Even the best RC Pilots eventually make mistakes -- To me it's
                       a part of the learning experience even though it can become
                       quite expensive
FlySafe-FlyFree   
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-14 07:03
fans41561333 , I have yet to see another drone on the market with all the
                       features and capabilities of a DJI Drone . Your Mishap was
                       unfortunately a mistake , we all make them , your not alone

ok. I also have another question in mind. I was flying with original battery which lasted for more than 20 mins before I replaced it with a fully charged spared battery to fly more than 1 km distance. The record shows flight time was only 15 mins and 28 secs before the fully charged spared battery was I lost the Mavic to the water. How short the battery life can be in worst case according to DJI's regression tests  ?  I only see the battery life as 27 mins.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-5-14 02:23
So to get this straight, you as a newbie, three days after opening the box, fly 1.5 miles way beyond line of sight, over water, in unadvisably high wind with no idea how the RTH function works and it's DJI's fault you lost your Mavic? People like you shouldn't be allowed to own these things.

Did u every see any line saying that this is whose fault ? I make my point clearly and it is the fact with data. I expect to see more warnings and explanations for the usage of RTH button in the user manual at least. It shouldn't be the case that  a new user can't even make use of one of the main buttons put on remote control after reading full user manual. I am sure many users bought it for their special experiences in life at different terrains . Unless you bought it and using it like the best thing you can own in your life and keeping and praying it home most of the time.
2017-5-14
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 08:52
ok. I also have another question in mind. I was flying with original battery which lasted for more than 20 mins before I replaced it with a fully charged spared battery to fly more than 1 km distance. The record shows flight time was only 15 mins and 28 secs before the fully charged spared battery was I lost the Mavic to the water. How short the battery life can be in worst case according to DJI's regression tests  ?  I only see the battery life as 27 mins.

Don't you understand they it was flying against the wind, so it used more power to fight it which meant it drained more battery than in normal condition.
It seems you are trying to blame someone else for your mistake in stead taking it as a lesson.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

laceyboy Posted at 2017-5-14 09:51
Don't you understand they it was flying against the wind, so it used more power to fight it which meant it drained more battery than in normal condition.
It seems you are trying to blame someone else for your mistake in stead taking it as a lesson.

Of course, I have taken as experience/lesson since day 1. But, there must be a regression tests for such a popular product and as a customer I don't see it is wrong if I want to know the answer for the result of worse case scenarios tests or whether they didn't test.   
2017-5-14
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
United States

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 09:10
Did u every see any line saying that this is whose fault ? I make my point clearly and it is the fact with data. I expect to see more warnings and explanations for the usage of RTH button in the user manual at least. It shouldn't be the case that  a new user can't even make use of one of the main buttons put on remote control after reading full user manual. I am sure many users bought it for their special experiences in life at different terrains . Unless you bought it and using it like the best thing you can own in your life and keeping and praying it home most of the time.

You decided to fly in a windy condition and you could not bring it back and then it's your fault.
Read user manual page 50 for flight environment requirements.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 10:03
Of course, I have taken as experience/lesson since day 1. But, there must be a regression tests for such a popular product and as a customer I don't see nothing wrong if I want to know the answer for the result of worse case scenarios tests or they didn't test.

*as a customer who paid for the product, i don't see it is wrong if i want to know the answer for the result of worse case scenarios tests of the battery life or whether they didn't test.  
2017-5-14
Use props
NoSale
lvl.3
Flight distance : 460958 ft
United States

You should be ecstatic you got it back.  I hope it wasn't damaged, but even then, you got it back.  Listen to all of the advice coming from this forum and respect the abilities of the drone whenever flying.  Don't assume its going to cover for pilot error and be conservative in your flight plan.

Good luck going forward.......
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

Glenn Goodlett Posted at 2017-5-13 10:13
Unexpected events will always be encountered. You must learn what the risks are and how to mitigate them. Sounds like you have the right attitude... but an expensive lesson no doubt.

thanks. I did read about RTH button and its safety notices in user manual. I didn't see any warning how to make use or avoid RTH button in the wind. From this bad experience, I mainly learnt not only rely on user manual for DJI products but also read more the problems/weak points of their products reported by customers who got to pay for so called expensive lessons for the trust they put on a user manual or marketing videos from a reputable company.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

NoSale Posted at 2017-5-14 10:13
You should be ecstatic you got it back.  I hope it wasn't damaged, but even then, you got it back.  Listen to all of the advice coming from this forum and respect the abilities of the drone whenever flying.  Don't assume its going to cover for pilot error and be conservative in your flight plan.

Good luck going forward.......

thanks. I can see mostly useful advice.  But , some comments are too subjective and seem like trying to avoid to agree the fact of the discussion topic. I just see as trying to cover up the weakness of a DJI product or its user manual discussed by a customer.
2017-5-14
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The record shows flight time was only 15 mins and 28 secs before the fully charged spared battery was I lost the Mavic to the water. How short the battery life can be in worst case according to DJI's regression tests  ?  I only see the battery life as 27 mins.

Yes, they only identify the maximum amount of time the battery will last, and that's in "ideal" conditions that few, if any, pilots will ever experience. I don't believe they've ever defined a minimum amount of time and I doubt they ever will because there are too many variables involved such as altitude (above sea level), temperature, speed during the flight, and probably many others.

Did u every see any line saying that this is [DJI's] fault ?

Well, I saw this: "I expect to see more warnings and explanations for the usage of RTH button in the user manual at least. It shouldn't be the case that a new user can't even make use of one of the main buttons put on remote control after reading full user manual."

And this (emphasis mine): "I need to share this information that Mavic's RTH button is useless in wind and a new user may still lose the drone even after reading full user manual because it only mentions good things about RTH button.  Whether DJI takes any responsibility or not is their choice."

And after not getting any sympathy over the fact that RTH didn't bring your drone back despite high winds, you now seem to be implying that your battery didn't last as long as it should have and that the user manual should have warned about this scenario. For someone claiming not to blame DJI for their loss that sounds a lot like someone trying to find a reason why DJI is to blame.

I can see mostly useful advice.  But , some comments are too subjective and seem like trying to avoid to agree the fact of the discussion topic. I just see as trying to cover up the weakness of a DJI product or its user manual discussed by a customer.

Subjective? You mean like saying that the "RTH button is useless when windy"? And nobody's trying to "cover up" anything; I think a lot of us are just trying to get you to understand and agree that you shouldn't have believed the RTH button would bring your Mavic back regardless of the circumstances.

There is room for improvement in the user manual, but no matter how much information is added it's ultimately the pilot's responsibility to bring their aircraft back successfully. Besides, the manual does already say not to fly in high winds or over water but you did both of those things during your last flight and that's why your Mavic was destroyed. Given that you decided to ignore the warnings and caveats already in the manual, it's debatable at best whether adding more of them would have prevented this from happening.
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

fans41561333 , The Mavic battery discharge time varies depending how you fly --- I can fly
                       aggressively for about 20mins not constantly flying into a strong headwind
                       If I'm casually flying around with no wind I can get 25mins ---- your flight   
                       that only lasted 15mins 28secs because your Mavic was Battling the
                       wind draining the battery more quickly trying to get back to you, This
                       is why switching to Sports Mode is not always a good idea, the battery will
                       discharge almost twice as fast also Battling the wind but it would have
                       completely discharged closer to you --- This is why I say it was a toss up   
                       Your question how short the battery life can be in the worst case scenario ?
                       In my opinion it would be about 15mins , I hate to say it but you sort of proved it
                       try not to fly in winds or gusts up to 17mph you'll be fine and if you do fly on
                       a windy day try to keep it a little closer to you .
FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 10:08
*as a customer who paid for the product, i don't see it is wrong if i want to know the answer for the result of worse case scenarios tests of the battery life or whether they didn't test.

Hi just about worst case scenario, and if dji should put this in the manual, No they don't need to do this and if you think of motor cars when you buy one they will always tell you what is the optimum miles or kmh per litre or gallon you will get from driving your car at optimal speed, and we all except this as marketing,they don't tell you what you will get if you drive much slower or faster and we all except this, it is a marketing ploy, and we all have no problem with this, simply all you need is a little savvy to work this out, it is a barometer we all should be able to work out and 99.9% of people have no problems working this out, I feel you are just clutching at straws with this argument.
I'll tell you a story about a marketing guy who invented a fly killer.
His claim was he had invented a fly killer that would instantly kill flys 100% every time and the fly killer would last a lifetime and it cost £10, he is now a millionaire.
You purchased through various different magazines and when he had sold enough to make his million you received your fly killer by post.
What you received was two blocks of wood BLOCK A AND BLOCK B, instructions place fly on BLOCK A and come down hard with BLOCK B, it could not be proven in any way that his fly killer was not exactly as he said and he duly became a millionaire,
It's just marketing and it's part of all our lives...
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-14 14:20
Hi just about worst case scenario, and if dji should put this in the manual, No they don't need to do this and if you think of motor cars when you buy one they will always tell you what is the optimum miles or kmh per litre or gallon you will get from driving your car at optimal speed, and we all except this as marketing,they don't tell you what you will get if you drive much slower or faster and we all except this, it is a marketing ploy, and we all have no problem with this, simply all you need is a little savvy to work this out, it is a barometer we all should be able to work out and 99.9% of people have no problems working this out, I feel you are just clutching at straws with this argument.
His claim was he had invented a fly killer that would instantly kill flys 100% every time and the fly killer would last a lifetime and it cost £10, he is now a millionaire.

Can't say it any simpler then that !!! lolllllll
2017-5-14
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

I read the first page of this thread then got bored. Too much talk about an irrelevant issue. Sorry to say but if you never flew anything remotely controlled and you spend 1.5k eur  or dollars or whatever currency on a long range drone, you dont go out of sight, over a KM away on a windy day when you dont have a clue of how the machine behaves. Its the same as buying a Ducati a week after you got a motorbike licence and go on a track with it. You WILL crash. And thats it, what do you think will happen when you go back to Ducati with the bike and hospital bill saying ¨hey nobody told me I shouldnt go on a track at 160 mph but i need to brake before the bends with this bike, when they sold it to me¨.  
What you do, you get the bike, you start READING ABOUT IT, check other pêople experience then start going in circles slowly, then you take it carefully on the road, start to push a bit more, see how it reacts, then get more confident and after the required time, ride fast and  always try stick to your limits and the machine ones. Nobody will ever put that in any manual, its called common sense.

Thats what you should have done with your drone.

You should have seen me flying the drone the first week. Terrified to even go 50 mt away, let alone line of sight. And I race FPV drones and flown everything you can possibly fly remote controlled. Takes a lot of work to earn 1500 eur...

I am sorry for your mavic but I really cant sympathize with your blame throwing. Its 100% your fault. A life lesson learned at least. You should change the topic to ¨I killed my drone¨

2017-5-14
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 09:10

I saw a subject saying "RTH button is useless when windy" which is you blaming the 'useless' RTH button (designed by DJI) for problems of your own making.
2017-5-14
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-5-14 02:23

Holy words. and dont forget ¨without looking at the return route  which can be clearly seen from the camera or on a clear zoomable map live¨
2017-5-14
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

Watty2000 Posted at 2017-5-14 16:24
I saw a subject saying "RTH button is useless when windy" which is you blaming the 'useless' RTH button (designed by DJI) for problems of your own making.

I state: ¨My point is RTH button is not as smart as it supposed to be. It didn't adapt to keep in the direction of path it came from.

I didn't notice the return route when calling it back. I noticed it only when DJI asked me to upload flight data to sync after send for repair. It could have come back in time if i tried to call it back manually.¨

You didn't even look at your drone route and range stats on your screen man, seriously, just accept the fact you XXXXX up, simple. The drone is close to perfection, but you arent, you trusted yourself too much and behaved superficially with an expensive and fairly complicate machine that requires knowledge (and common sense).
2017-5-14
Use props
x1m0x
lvl.2
Belgium

fans41561333 Posted at 2017-5-14 10:51
thanks. I can see mostly useful advice.  But , some comments are too subjective and seem like trying to avoid to agree the fact of the discussion topic. I just see as trying to cover up the weakness of a DJI product or its user manual discussed by a customer.

So you expect DJI to cover for ANY decision you make, right or wrong, and there has to be some information about it. So whats the difference in saying ¨Im not happy with the sensors below the drone, as they allowed me to land on water and also was not written in the manual you cant land on liquid surfaces¨ I mean, seriously? Moreover, have you seen the size of this drone? You expect it to behave normally in strong wind?? And to be entirely honest I am COMPLETELY puzzled on how they got it to deal the way it does with wind, much larger ¨Pro¨ drones dont even manage that!!Its a superior machine. its got its faults (firmware, nfz crap etc) but wow, what a piece of kit. Just learn to respect it. I mean, check what people can do!!

2017-5-14
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Look at it as a case of diminishing returns. If say the Mavic top speed in RTH is 24mph and it's returning in a 25mph headwind, it will be going backwards at a ground speed rate of 1mph, but its air speed will still be 24mph. The battery life should be pretty much the same as when flying in zero wind conditions at 24mph, but you will be making 24mph ground speed, which in this case is the same as its air speed.
If you had initiated sport mode your battery life would be significantly reduced, but your air speed will increase to about 40mph which would give you a ground speed of 15mph. In 6 minutes it would have covered 1 & 1/2 miles, which would have got it back "home" with power to spare in the battery.
RTH is not useless but it may not be the best course of action relative to the prevailing conditions.
2017-5-14
Use props
NCPhoenix
New
Flight distance : 587 ft
United States

I noticed this converstaion, and just wanted to ask.. was there a update resently that warns you of extream winds? My MaV alerted me that there was extreme winds yesterday within the app.
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

NCPhoenix Posted at 2017-5-14 17:43
I noticed this converstaion, and just wanted to ask.. was there a update resently that warns you of extream winds? My MaV alerted me that there was extreme winds yesterday within the app.

NCPhoenix , Since (FW.200) I had my Mavic there always was a hi wind warning
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

laceyboy Posted at 2017-5-14 10:05
You decided to fly in a windy condition and you could not bring it back and then it's your fault.
Read user manual page 50 for flight environment requirements.

I knew mainly my fault but everyone was new user once. I don't think this is the first case that a new user makes a mistake without proper understanding of Mavic's limitations. Couldn't it be prevented better with more warning or safety notes under RTH button topic for its limitations for usage ? On page 50, I only see "Calibrating the Compass" in my user manual ver 1.2. Thanks.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-14 11:25
The record shows flight time was only 15 mins and 28 secs before the fully charged spared battery was I lost the Mavic to the water. How short the battery life can be in worst case according to DJI's regression tests  ?  I only see the battery life as 27 mins.

Yes, they only identify the maximum amount of time the battery will last, and that's in "ideal" conditions that few, if any, pilots will ever experience. I don't believe they've ever defined a minimum amount of time and I doubt they ever will because there are too many variables involved such as altitude (above sea level), temperature, speed during the flight, and probably many others.

Yes, I have agreed my mistake for taking risk without understanding the limitations of it. But, I still believe that it is not so difficult to add a few lines of warnings in advance to advise not to rely on RTH button when windy if DJI ever tested that button in wind. This discussion is not about getting sympathy. I bought it and I risk it to do what I wanted. I have paid for replacement set before posting this discussion. I have done my part as customer and I want to make sure this fact of discussion topic is shared and DJI takes some action to prevent similar cases in future. I am sure everyone in this forum owns at least one DJI drone and everyone is DJI's fans including me. I expect to see different nature of comments if I discuss this topic in other drone companies' forum.

Regarding with the battery, I was able to do a few flights with original battery in same windy condition. it was about 700m distance and I can call it back safely against strong winds without using RTH button.

So, it becomes another puzzle to me whether spare batteries can last same as original battery because it was first time using a fully charged spared battery. I myself still trying to understand what are the mistakes I made other than taking the risk to fly in wind. I was so impressed with Mavic in previous day and added more confidence to fly far into the ocean next day. Before I flied far, I tested RTH button and it works perfectly. I misunderstood that as long as I have enough battery, the Mavic's RTH feature will be smarter than manual. I took precautions and called it back when battery is 78% left. Only after getting advices in this post, I slowly understand the limitation of RTH button in wind and I m still disappointed that I didn't see it in manual.

12minsFlight.jpg
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-14 18:11
NCPhoenix , Since (FW.200) I had my Mavic there always was a hi wind warning

yes, I saw warning about wind. I did few flights before changing battery and managed to call it back directly against winds.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

NCPhoenix Posted at 2017-5-14 17:43

yes, there was a warning about wind. thanks.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

rick39 Posted at 2017-5-14 17:02
Look at it as a case of diminishing returns. If say the Mavic top speed in RTH is 24mph and it's returning in a 25mph headwind, it will be going backwards at a ground speed rate of 1mph, but its air speed will still be 24mph. The battery life should be pretty much the same as when flying in zero wind conditions at 24mph, but you will be making 24mph ground speed, which in this case is the same as its air speed.
If you had initiated sport mode your battery life would be significantly reduced, but your air speed will increase to about 40mph which would give you a ground speed of 15mph. In 6 minutes it would have covered 1 & 1/2 miles, which would have got it back "home" with power to spare in the battery.
RTH is not useless but it may not be the best course of action relative to the prevailing conditions.

yes, it can't serve its purpose in wind but as Ken advised , can still use it for first few seconds to face the drone to home direction quickly.  Then lower attitude and call it back manually as most of the advices here.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

rick39 Posted at 2017-5-14 17:02

I didn't use sport mode at all cause till now I haven't learnt/tried it. thanks.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-14 16:51
So you expect DJI to cover for ANY decision you make, right or wrong, and there has to be some information about it. So whats the difference in saying ¨Im not happy with the sensors below the drone, as they allowed me to land on water and also was not written in the manual you cant land on liquid surfaces¨ I mean, seriously? Moreover, have you seen the size of this drone? You expect it to behave normally in strong wind?? And to be entirely honest I am COMPLETELY puzzled on how they got it to deal the way it does with wind, much larger ¨Pro¨ drones dont even manage that!!Its a superior machine. its got its faults (firmware, nfz crap etc) but wow, what a piece of kit. Just learn to respect it. I mean, check what people can do!!

I did few flights in wind early that afternoon and managed to call back against the windy condition.
I saw that video and it is not going against wind on way back.

Yes, I do respect what it can do as a small machine since I started using in previous day. it I am not expecting DJI to cover for my own decision to fly in wind. But, the discussion topic is still the fact and I expect to see some input from DJI to prevent this kind of cases by giving better advice on limitations of RTH button in wind in user manual or at least they will do it in future.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

x1m0x Posted at 2017-5-14 16:30
I state: ¨My point is RTH button is not as smart as it supposed to be. It didn't adapt to keep in the direction of path it came from.

I didn't notice the return route when calling it back. I noticed it only when DJI asked me to upload flight data to sync after send for repair. It could have come back in time if i tried to call it back manually.¨

yes, you are right in some perspective. That time, all I did was pressing the return home button and looking at the distance with worry which is not reducing as fast as expected. I trusted RTH button more than myself that time when I found out the wind may be too strong for the drone to come back. I should have trusted myself more and fly it manually like previous few flights in that afternoon.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-14 13:33
fans41561333 , The Mavic battery discharge time varies depending how you fly --- I can fly
                       aggressively for about 20mins not constantly flying into a strong headwind
                       If I'm casually flying around with no wind I can get 25mins ---- your flight   

yeah, I learnt fully not to let it go so far in wind if return path is against winds. thanks.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-14 14:20

that makes sense about marketing
2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Every time I read what he (fans41561333)  says, I bang my head on the table. Surely he is having us all on.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 20:28
Every time I read what he (fans41561333)  says, I bang my head on the table. Surely he is having us all on.

save your head for future discussions with new replacement set.
2017-5-14
Use props
fans41561333
lvl.2
Singapore

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-5-14 20:28

should save your head for future discussions with new replacement set.
2017-5-14
Use props
rsands
lvl.2
Australia

Sorry but I am going to agree with OP here, if the manual does not state it does not use the motors full power to get home then DJI are to blame.  Simply put (whether we like it or not) it does not say this in the manual (sorry if I have missed it) and if the drone is capable of fighting the wind in sport mode then the RTH function should use all it has got to try and get home.  But really this has nothing to do with the manual - if the drone has more power then use it

It is the drones highest priority to try and get home and it should do that with all it has got.
I don't agree the distance the OP was at though, pretty daft for a new drone

2017-5-14
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
United States

I am speechless.
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now