Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Unnecesary lound and annoying beeping sound in the remote control
14113 70 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-19 10:38
You don't want your child to be hit by one of those horror children, driving around with head smashing monster bikes!?
Just vote for *beeps* for them all!
...and please put those razor blades off your drones propellers!!

They are probably in a lot more control of skateboards than some pilots are of there drones, after all there would be no beeping if pilots were in control, so maybe best to train the pilot then no beeping....
2017-5-19
Use props
kwi66
lvl.2
Austria

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-19 10:51
They are probably in a lot more control of skateboards than some pilots are of there drones, after all there would be no beeping if pilots were in control, so maybe best to train the pilot then no beeping....

I totally agree with that!
It's just, that I don't beliefe that a hundred *beeps* will keep any idiot from doing crazy stuff and I know that responsible pilots don't need a single *beep* to keep an eye on their drones behaviour, even if rth is active.
It's all about sense, or in this case nonsense, of warning signals.
If you flood the world with useless warnings, even those which make sense, will be ignored...
2017-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-19 11:04
I totally agree with that!
It's just, that I don't beliefe that a hundred *beeps* will keep any idiot from doing crazy stuff and I know that responsible pilots don't need a single *beep* to keep an eye on their drones behaviour, even if rth is active.
It's all about sense, or in this case nonsense, of warning signals.

I suppose it will be time to change the beep, when first they change the beep on seat belts or are car drivers not  responsible.
2017-5-19
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-19 08:53
Given the option of ...
...an unexperienced new "dronist" trying to bring his MP down somehow by himself
...and a well programmed software doing the same with use of lots of high tec sensors

I agree , the Mavic is well programmed so simply turn the remote off after you hit RTH and the beeping stops . It will still come home on its own .

There are many other drones out there that do not beep .  The choices are almost endless . The Mavic beeps , get over it .
2017-5-19
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Nm after breaking the controller open, the speaker is in the direct airflow path from the fins.
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-19 08:21
I wish they wouldn't make the lights so bright and siren so loud in the police cars . The driver is in control so we don't really need to hear all that so loud .

I'm tired of all the loud bleeping over the beeping ,lol.

you are totally out of context with your comments.  No one wants to hide or do something against the law or anyone else.  not sure why you brought the police comments

this is a forum to bring ideas to improve products and our request is a fair request.  

you can see it in this way,  if DJI make the change required you will be able to make your control lauder and everybody will be happy.
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-19 06:48
That fix was two firmware ago,
Regarding RTH there is a poll running here at the moment which suggests that the overwhelming amount of pilots do not use RTH for flying home over 75%, also running a poll regarding keep the beep with also an overwhelming amount 86% wanting to keep in some form or another, I have to say I agree with this, safety will be paramount in the decisions by the powers that be in allowing more freedom to drone flying communities. And I think if we start advocating removing safety features this will not help.
I don't think many people are bothered about the beep because most of the pilots choose to fly there aircraft home themselves, so it poses no real problem for them.

dont really understand the relation between a crazy loud beep and safety.
the control is in your hands and you dont need something as louder as it is right now.

looks like you are in a battle to impose the fact of the controller as it is right now.   I just want to improve the versatility of the product

I will not comment any longer as this is a pointless discussion.
2017-5-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-19 14:36
dont really understand the relation between a crazy loud beep and safety.
the control is in your hands and you dont need something as louder as it is right now.

Think your problem is your not capable of flying your aircraft so.
2017-5-19
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Went and did the mod anyways. Now my controller is silent and I can always add logic later on for one beep on rth and battery if needed. But anyways, if you want to silent it- have to break the front cover off, no need to remove the screen and battery, then lift the gate off the pad on this mosfet.

fix1.jpg
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-19 14:56
Went and did the mod anyways. Now my controller is silent and I can always add logic later on for one beep on rth and battery if needed. But anyways, if you want to silent it- have to break the front cover off, no need to remove the screen and battery, then lift the gate off the pad on this mosfet.

[view_image]

thank you for your feedback but I will not break the HW
2017-5-19
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-19 14:40
Think your problem is your not capable of flying your aircraft so.

no more comments thanks
2017-5-19
Use props
fans8b236542
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-12 10:56
Yes you can turn off alarm clock but only when you wake up that's the point, and you can only turn off the beeping for seat belt by connecting it. So try to realise beeping is seen as a warning to all of us, simple as that, but it's also something we can control once we are in control of it.

Not true: if you wait long enough your seat belt beep will cease...
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8b236542 Posted at 2017-11-4 08:27
Not true: if you wait long enough your seat belt beep will cease...

In my car yes it stops for a short period then restarts couple of minutes later. That’s just pure semantics.
2017-11-4
Use props
fans8b236542
lvl.3
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-4 08:35
In my car yes it stops for a short period then restarts couple of minutes later. That’s just pure semantics.

Doesn't restart here. Tried it in many different cars, always would stop after a while if you're patient enough.

As far as I am concerned, no semantics here.
2017-11-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans8b236542 Posted at 2017-11-4 08:55
Doesn't restart here. Tried it in many different cars, always would stop after a while if you're patient enough.

As far as I am concerned, no semantics here.

Well I think after 1 year of constant whining about a safety warning it’s still there has also since been introduced into spark controller and the professional Cendence , it’s highly unlikely it will be removed. So maybe time to put your seat belt on.
2017-11-4
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

kwi66 Posted at 2017-5-19 10:38
You don't want your child to be hit by one of those horror children, driving around with head smashing monster bikes!?
Just vote for *beeps* for them all!
...and please put those razor blades off your drones propellers!!

we are the same page in both positions about the crazy nonsense beeping and hallmark bloody defense of it.
2017-11-26
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

Hello Everyone,  
a recent but important note regarding the beeping situation.  I'm not sure if this is an update or what, but after upgrade to the latest remote control update all the beeps in my RC are off!  just the nice women voice is still on.  Somebody knows is that ok?  I'm glad there are no beeps at all, but worried if it is a malfunction, or maybe the crazy and useless repeated noise just blow out the speaker?
2017-11-26
Use props
Thudd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624787 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-12 08:08
Simple solution... Don't fly around people! Which you sould not do in the first place.

Pilots are people too.
2017-11-26
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

If you are flying a waypoint mission you are flying autonomius. You are not in control of the AC. Do you hear any warning beeps ?
2017-11-26
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thudd Posted at 2017-11-26 10:54
Pilots are people too.

Most of them anyhow, except the idiots that endanger other people or cant stand the SAFETY BEEP....
2017-11-26
Use props
fansc2962bbc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 29452 ft
Norway

I have read the answers to the  modest wish of Dronaldo to have a way to turn down or cancel the continuous loud beeping when RTH button is pressed. Not a bad idea in my opinion. But what happens next. Who released the wolf  pac. Aggressive and insulting comments about not having the skills to fly manually, flying to close to people or been lazy or an idiot in general. Wow. What happen to the civilized captains who normally gives friendly and constructive advice. Dont use RTH and the problem is gone. What an advice is that?  I assume some of the superior pilots dont use any of the autonomius modes like aktiv track, follow me or point of interest etc. because they are no longer in control of the AC.
2017-11-27
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

fansc2962bbc Posted at 2017-11-27 03:24
I have read the answers to the  modest wish of Dronaldo to have a way to turn down or cancel the continuous loud beeping when RTH button is pressed. Not a bad idea in my opinion. But what happens next. Who released the wolf  pac. Aggressive and insulting comments about not having the skills to fly manually, flying to close to people or been lazy or an idiot in general. Wow. What happen to the civilized captains who normally gives friendly and constructive advice. Dont use RTH and the problem is gone. What an advice is that?  I assume some of the superior pilots dont use any of the autonomius modes like aktiv track, follow me or point of interest etc. because they are no longer in control of the AC.

Well said.  Thankfully, the number of discourteous forum members is pretty limited.  Hopefully, the forum moderators are sending PMs to the ones who post insults telling them to knock it off.
2017-11-27
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-19 04:51
I dont see the RTH button an emergency scape.  it just help you to get back to your homepoint.   there is already a RTH emergency process when you lost control of the drone.

the complain here is about the lack of options for customers that do not want to have the noise at such a high level

Two things:

First, RTH is limited on speed and will go home slower than normal and much slower than sport mode.

Second, the beeping is not very loud at all (to me at least).  It's a shame they allowed a kill on the battery warning.  That one also needs to keep hounding you until you land.

Be a pro.  Take control of your flying and don't hide behind automation.  It can be much smoother anyway.
2017-11-27
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

AG0N-Gary Posted at 2017-11-27 14:27
Two things:

First, RTH is limited on speed and will go home slower than normal and much slower than sport mode.

Maybe is because I'm not a professional and that is why I don't get the point of the people that consider important to keep the sound until the drone lands.

For me is like if you have a noisy alarm to wake up in the morning and you are not allowed to turn it off until you take a shower, get dressed and take the breakfast because there is a chance you fall sleep in the middle

2017-11-27
Use props
NathanThomas07
lvl.1
United States

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-11-27 18:01
Maybe is because I'm not a professional and that is why I don't get the point of the people that consider important to keep the sound until the drone lands.

For me is like if you have a noisy alarm to wake up in the morning and you are not allowed to turn it off until you take a shower, get dressed and take the breakfast because there is a chance you fall sleep in the middle

I totally agree with you. I would not consider myself an expert but I'm pretty damn good at flying these things and I have no problem manually landing. That being said I love using the RTH function because it is neat to watch it automatically land right in front of you. These people giving you a hard time think they are better than us who just wanted at least a quieter beep or silence alarm action. Hopefully moderators do see Hallmark and Dronist's ignorant uncalled for remarks and send them some PMs for being disrespectful. Keep Calm and Fly On!
2017-12-19
Use props
Sparkinator
lvl.3
Flight distance : 204416 ft
Switzerland

Even though I might attract negative comments, I still want to say that I am in total agreement with Dronaldo. It is irritating for the pilot and any person accompanying him/her. I don't see why people are so sensitive about this topic and even start to attack him personally. A really nice and easy way to reduce the noise would be to change the firmware such that the interval between beeps is longer and the beeping itself is shortened. But I guess DJI wouldn't do that since nobody says they wont buy or keep a drone bc. of too loud beeping and in the end... what else would they care about?
2018-2-1
Use props
boxrick1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18701 ft
United Kingdom

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-19 14:56
Went and did the mod anyways. Now my controller is silent and I can always add logic later on for one beep on rth and battery if needed. But anyways, if you want to silent it- have to break the front cover off, no need to remove the screen and battery, then lift the gate off the pad on this mosfet.

[view_image]

Can you share any links to this mod or explain in detail how you did it? I see on Youtube people drilling in to their controllers and that seems a real shame. Id much rather do something less damaging to stop this horrific sound.
2018-5-13
Use props
Brad Bilger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Ya know.. this thread has been running for over a year now... and I really don't see what the big deal is.  Mine beeps like everyone else's and it doesn't bother me OR the people around me in the slightest.  They ask, I tell them the battery is down to 30% and I'm bringing it in.  They say cool, stop and watch me land it.  I like the reminder that I don't need to play around and that I need to get it on the ground.  
2018-5-13
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4

I don't know how my controller stopped the noisy alarm.  looks like the piece got broken,  I did not force anything, as I have the control in my hands I´m always aware of the battery status,  maybe I will ask for repair if I get the Goggles

happy for those who love the beep,  it will be better if the alarm had a little bit more of customization options.  

2018-5-14
Use props
fansba93f2f3
New

United States

Android user here.  I just tested and I turned it down with the volume control on my Galaxy.  I would think that would also work on an iPhone. Has anyone tried?
2021-2-28
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
United States

fansba93f2f3 Posted at 2-28 11:44
Android user here.  I just tested and I turned it down with the volume control on my Galaxy.  I would think that would also work on an iPhone. Has anyone tried?

hey! are you sure the volume in the controller went down, not in your smartphone?
2021-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules