Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AerialVideoAndPhoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11196125 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jordansprad Posted at 5-8 12:21
I wrote an email to tech support asking, I have 2 different units that both have the same issues.  I told them it's crazy to have a tech forum for help and no one from the company can answer any questions to help.  Honestly, if the batteries weren't $100 a pop and only $20 I wouldn't complain. But when the 2 batteries it comes with equals 1/4 of the cost it's a bit too much.  

I'm getting ready to just tear one of the batteries apart just to see if there's some way for me to hack it back into working.

I’m thinking of doing the same... anyone open one of these batteries yet? I have 4 that won’t charge...

- Ben Ellingson
- http://AerialVideoAndPhoto.com
2019-5-9
Use props
fansaa84c128
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Same problem here. Can't believe this is still an issue.

I've had my Ronin M for about a year. Only used somewhere between 5-10 times.
Got a shoot coming up so i've put my batteries on charge to find that only one of them will now charge.

I've bought a replacement battery and even that isn't charging, This is pathetic! £80 for a brand new battery and now I'm going to suffer on this shoot because of it.

I know it's not the charger as it's the one that came with the Ronin M and one battery still charges out of the 3.

Is there some sort of tech support anywhere in London i can bring these to?
2019-5-13
Use props
Rockyraaccoon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 982382 ft
United States

fansaa84c128 Posted at 5-13 16:44
Same problem here. Can't believe this is still an issue.

I've had my Ronin M for about a year. Only used somewhere between 5-10 times.

I purchased a Ronin M second hand last month. It came with one of the large, original batteries and the original charger. Both work fine.

I purchased new battery and new charger. The battery would blink a charging light 3 times then go to one fast blinking light.

I tried all the fixes and nothing worked.

However, I unplugged everything over and over again and I guess I eventually got the combination right because it seems to be charging fine now.
2019-5-21
Use props
Carlyle Dell
New

United States

I have a similar problem. I bought a brand new ronin m. And the batteries won’t charge. One will blink for a while and then turn off. The other one won’t even turn on, no light or anything. Is there a fix for this?
2019-5-23
Use props
journeyfarm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 966690 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also have this problem with a brand new battery.  And this isn't the first battery that failed.  Most seem to happen just outside the warranty period.  They either swell or stop charging.  No quality control or poor materials and craftsmanship.  DJI has some amazing products but their batteries are 3rd world half assed and I will be looking for new brands to work with.
2019-6-19
Use props
fans54ac5b00
New
United States

I am having the same issue at the moment one battery doesn't respond at all when connected and another charges then blinks one light multiple times and shuts off i would expect higher quality product for the price paid I’m hoping someone can help me with this asap as i need to use my gimbal other wise ill need to look at other brands which sucks cause DJI is my most trusted brand
2019-6-23
Use props
djiuser_n4AaGCtRMC6u
New

Vietnam

Hello everyone

I am having this issue right now. In my case, I have 2 1580 batteries, one works fine and the other doesn't,
So with the fault one :
(1) When I press the button on the battery, 1 led flashes 3 times then shut
(2) When I attach it into the gimbal, press and hold the button, led flashs normally but nothing happend
(3) When I plug into the charger, 4 leds flash in order 5 times, 1 leds flash 2 times then shut
Strange thing is (3) happens whenever I plug the charger in the power cord or not, the leds just flash like that
I tried to leave it for a while ( 2-3 hours ) but still no result. Anyone have any solution for this ?
2019-7-11
Use props
fans3423af07
New

United States

So... Did anyone get a solution or are they really going to leave this unresolved? Used mine only 3 times. Doesn't charge anymore.
2019-7-26
Use props
djjulian
lvl.1

France

Same problem ....
2019-7-27
Use props
fansf3df9c7a
lvl.1
United States

So i am selling my Ronin M so i was going to charge up my two batteries. I had one battery on a charger for idk, maybe 6 months plus because i forgot to disconnect it after it was charged. Well i can't get the battery to turn on at all and of course connecting to a charger it doesn't even light up any LED;s.

Now my second battery still had a charge and turned on. I connected the charger and i pretty much charged it up. Then later some buyer asked about the battery and if it was ok. So did a search and came across these posts.

So i tried connecting the battery to a charger and nothing happened. I also had the DJI Assistant connected and checked the status of the battery and at the time it was at around 97% Percentage of Charge.
I updated the Firmware on the Ronin and still nothing. I kept the battery on connected to the Ronin and then after maybe 3 minutes i  plugged it into the charger and it started to charge.  So i noticed that when i had the battery at 95% and connected to the charger and it started to charge. So i tried several times to charge the battery when the battery was 96-97% charged, but nothing. But every time the battery was 95% or sometimes 94%, it would start to charge. That was as far as i got. I tested it like 10 times at 93%-95% and it started to charge every time.

So typically you don't want to charge a Li-Ion battery to 100% anyways as far as a senior Engineer told me. I'm an Electrical Engineer but i have no knowledge with Li-Ion batteries as i don't use them in my line of work.

So I am guessing, but the battery maybe intelligent enough to know hey i'm already full so i don't need to be charged at this time.  So 95% is the threshold on MY battery but may vary +/- 1% an other peoples battery so keep that in mind when trying out my theory.
2019-8-4
Use props
fansbdb5c9e7
New

United States

Same problem...The customer support sucks sounded like they don't even know anything about the ronin. Said to just replace them...
2019-8-9
Use props
Has anyone come up to a solution for this? Since DJI refuses to respond it sounds like a class action lawsuit is need.
2019-9-20
Use props
dave1990
New

same problem.. i used it only one time! What a shame for this company.. such a waste of money..
2019-9-21
Use props
Robert Cohen
New

I was an original DJI drone owner, and had about the same level of tech support, but that was years ago.    And now, I find this inexcusable for a company and especially a POPULAR company.     I was very very excited to read the excellent reviews of the HARDWARE and took me a month to arrange the funds to purchase one of these, and then I noticed something about a battery issue, so I began chasing this info.    To find such a high end product with such rave reviews containing such a **STUPID** problem, is angering.   What the hell is wrong with this company?       I am putting the brakes on my purchase and sadly, going to avoid buying ANY of these excellent products by this company.    Sad!   Just sad.
2019-10-3
Use props
nahitsnixie
New

I am having the same issue, batteries just flash then shut off after trying to charge them. Anyone know of another gimbal similar to the ronin M? Another company with a better battery life?
2019-10-5
Use props
Al Andrich
New

I've bought a second hand new Ronin from a friend who has never used it.
I could recharge one of the 3 included batteries. The other 2 showed the lads flashing 3 times and not charging.
I've tried several times and as of a sudden those two batteries even stopped flashing the less and simply they show no behaviour as i plug them to the charger.
Now the 3rd battery that I could charge once have about 50% of that charge and when I plugged it to the charger it flashed the leds and didn't start charging. Since than, I've tried to plug it several times and it is showing no behavior, but still works when installed on the Ronin.
The charger is working fine as it is brand new and I dit test it as well.

Is been a while since the last  post before this one was published and I really would love to know if any solution came from DJI for this issue or if anybody here could get the batteries to charge using any other means.

Thanks!
2019-10-12
Use props
Tixan Studio
New

Kazakhstan

Hi all. I founf solution. I have 12 not working batteries.
This problem it's protect from chip BQ30Z55, he block charging and power of battery when voltage once time was very low.

So for solve this problem, you need programmer adapter. For example: CP2112, LPT-i2c, EZ-USB, ev2300
To do this, you need to disassemble the battery and force charge, for example, I use iMax B6

When i shoot video. I show you how solve problem this battery (ronin)
Who does not want to wait. Find on YouTube "How to unlock BQ30Z55?"
It's works on 80% other batteries from DJI. Because they use chip BQ on all new intelligent batteries.

Hello from Almaty, Kazakhstan
2019-10-24
Use props
Tom Trendits
New

Netherlands

I also have a worthless ronin now beacause I have 2 broken 3400 battery's and I just bought a new 4350 battery because DJI told me to do that but didn't told me that it needs a new charger wich is no longer available to buy so now I have my worthless ronin with 2 broken battery's and a new worthless battery with no charger. I'm realy disappointed in DJI now therese not even a solution for me
2019-10-29
Use props
Tom Trendits
New

Netherlands

I also have a worthless ronin now beacause I have 2 broken 3400 battery's and I just bought a new 4350 battery because DJI told me to do that but didn't told me that it needs a new charger wich is no longer available to buy so now I have my worthless ronin with 2 broken battery's and a new worthless battery with no charger. I'm realy disappointed in DJI now therese not even a solution for me
2019-10-29
Use props
Giovannieromero
New

United States

I bought a new charger thinking that that was the problem, but no. Same issue, neither one of my 2 batteries won’t charge.
2019-11-21
Use props
tanermutlu.gmail
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422385 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

Giovannieromero Posted at 11-21 21:00
I bought a new charger thinking that that was the problem, but no. Same issue, neither one of my 2 batteries won’t charge.

so no f.ing DJI support here solving this problem, I see only the frustrated users. what a pity
2019-12-5
Use props
JohnnyMontana
New

United States

I purchased my Ronin M three years ago, one battery still works perfectly and the other will no longer charge. The faulty battery will blink when plugged in a few times and then stop. I wish DJI would create a new battery that can be opened and repaired if only by them at least then maybe it would be a more reasonable way to fix the battery instead of buying a new one!
2019-12-5
Use props
djiuser_e4DBvH8XmjMX
New

United Kingdom

Hi has anyone got a solution to this problem I got a new battery and new charger and its still not working.
2020-2-17
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Ronin MX
Not charging BATTERY FIX!

Recently I've got  new Ronin MX and found that the batteries are not charging right out of the box. First both batteries where showing 2 lights when I press the power button and as soon I connected them to the charger they had a few blinks and then turn off. After that both batteries where showing only one light and cannot be switched on. I left them more than 12 hours on the charger but without any difference.
So I've searched everywhere for info and found a few youtube videos where the batteries where teared off and manually charged by connecting wires directly to the battery terminals after which the battery where revived and able to take charge from dji charger.

So I've decided to drill a tiny holes where those terminals should be instead of tearing off the whole battery which is a tedious and much more dangerous process.
I've put a charge with 0.2 Ah for about a 5-6 min and it was enough to bring the voltage from 10.7v to 13.5v

1. Drill the holes, very carefully and gently pushing! (it's about 1mm thick)
2. Use a paper clip or any hard wire to connect to the terminals
3. Use a tape for securing the paper clip
4. Ensure you have a connection by measuring the voltage
5. Connect to a Lipo charger and a volt meter to monitor the charge
6. Charge with 0.2Ah until the battery reach 13.5v
7. Stop the charge
8 Connect the battery to the stock dji charger
WARNING !!!
One should be extremelly careful to keep the paper clips from shorting out the battery as this will eventually destroy it and the battery may explode in flames and harm you!

Good luck!
2020-2-18
Use props
fans8ad0ae3f
New

United States

Same problem - so annoying.
2020-3-29
Use props
I hate DJI
lvl.1
United States

DJI you guys are rough - two ronin mx batteries are dead. Wont accept a charge and they have been used less than 10 times each.
After my Phantom 3 stopped working with the same error reported from multiple users I should have known better than to support your company.
Once my mavic stops working I will find someone else to support.
2020-4-13
Use props
I hate DJI
lvl.1
United States

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 2-18 12:11
Ronin MX
Not charging BATTERY FIX!

This is amazingly resourceful. Pretty sad that you have to resort to this because the product is not supported by the manufacturer.
2020-4-13
Use props
djiuser_EJEYSYo0PCpZ
New

Canada

Hello i am experiencing my dji ronin m battery in hibernation mode ( that what I believe it is). When i click the button on the battery to turn on it , the lights flash then go off .. not sure how to get it out of this mode so that it stays on.. any fix here??
2020-4-27
Use props
brizky1yahoo.com
New
United States

I've got the same issue.  I purchased my Ronin-M in 2018 and used it for one day.  It was GREAT!  I just took this thing out of the expensive protective case that I also purchased.  Tried to charge the batteries and nothing.  One battery has no power indicators at all.  The other has a little but it turns off almost immediately when you try to turn it on.   Neither will charge.  The battery with the small amount of power left will actually show charging indicator lights for a few seconds and then stop.  The other battery does nothing.  f

One YouTuber said you could fix the issue by upgrading the firmware of your Ronin to the latest and greatest.  Unfortunately, to upgrade the firmware you need to turn the gimbal on.  To turn the gimbal on, you need to use the battery.  

Looked up buying a replacement battery and saw they were $95!!!!!!  I already spent $900 on this product that I got to use once.  And now i find the batteries are $100 a pop!  Not cool.  I sent a message into DJI tech support today.  But seeing all of the complaints in here.  Something tells me I'm out of luck.  I've got a Mavic Pro that I purchased around the same time too.  And now I'm wondering if that thing will work.  I've never used it.  But it was $1000!!!  And just got a DJI Osmo a few weeks ago, which works fine.
2020-5-30
Use props
brizky1yahoo.com
New
United States

JohnnyMontana Posted at 2019-12-5 12:16
I purchased my Ronin M three years ago, one battery still works perfectly and the other will no longer charge. The faulty battery will blink when plugged in a few times and then stop. I wish DJI would create a new battery that can be opened and repaired if only by them at least then maybe it would be a more reasonable way to fix the battery instead of buying a new one!

Same exact thing for me.  Bought mine in 2018.  Opened it up yesterday and got the same issue.  I've got a feeling we're ALL gonna be out of luck.  That Ronin cost me $900.
2020-5-30
Use props
fans83e63927
New

United States

Brand new Ronin-M straight out of the box.

Neither battery will charge.

Astonishing.
2020-6-6
Use props
Hoovman1
New

United States

May I suggest a class action lawsuit. I am having the same issue after spending more than $1,000 for the Ronin-M. This is ridiculous and they don't even have any batteries in stock! This is fraud....let me know if there is any interest in filing a complaint and/or a class action.
2020-7-3
Use props
joe wenkoff
New
Canada

same issue. 2 out of 3 batteries won’t charge.. will see if the 3rd works tomorrow  after longer charge.
2020-7-15
Use props
chad78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29491 ft
Australia

Bought mine when they first were relesased for $2300 AUD and additional battery for $229 AUD.....oh and a hardcase for $350AUD......now all three batteries wont charge and support are saying its because they are too old. This forum would suggest otherwise. ATM I have a doortsop that cost me almost $3K AUD.....thanks DJI!!!!!
2020-7-15
Use props
balanceduser
lvl.1

Sweden

Signed up just to add to this thread.

I'm another unhappy user with two dead batteries. Only used the gimbal a few times. Support told me to buy new batteries.
2020-7-19
Use props
fans757b2b9b
New
Canada

DJI customer service is just trash they dont care
2020-7-19
Use props
balanceduser
lvl.1

Sweden

If you go to DJI's online store, you'll see these batteries are 'out of stock'. Shall we assume that means they don't manufacture these anymore?

I can find a replacement from just one shop in Europe at the moment -- And if I buy it, how old will this battery be, and how long will this one last? And then when stock runs out what happens?

Seems like all Ronin-m users are destined to have bricked Gimbals in the not too distant future...
2020-7-19
Use props
DoomedZero
New

United Kingdom

I am having the same issue. I checked my two batteries charge (they needed charging), connected one, all of the lights disappeared after about 30 seconds or so, the second one did exactly the same but the lights were duller.

If customer support say to purchase more, aren't we just purchasing the same batteries? Won't this same thing happen again sooner or later?

Amazing how there has been no response from DJI about this too.
2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_b9lytZFTFwGf
lvl.1

France

Hi all,
I just buy a new ronin m Jully/23/2020
I receive it with two brand new batteries - no working at all - no light, no charge, no power
Charger is OK gives 16.xxx V
A small record on youtube in french :
watch?v=Dn2g5Dl4hvg
So I never start my ronin m...
I discover that shame post just after having open a case at support and sent an email to the support.eu@dji.com
I hope it is better as it looks, I will update

2020-7-25
Use props
Marco Fleischhut
New

Germany

Turned on my ronin m today, 1 battery dead, the other won't charge. They don't provide batteries (those few available die quickly as we all know, if they charge at all eben they are brandnew and "sealed in box") nor a fix, i and everyone encountering this problem with no solution to a problem that is related to bad manufacturing, we all should start a ...storm on youtube, just to engage everyone not to support a unsupportive company that gives a ... on it's costumers.  So to everyone out there, spread your hate on youtube and social media, as if we do it here, it only sums us up in a groop of people with bad experiences, while their ...load of bs products kept on getting hyped by retarded youtube kids and paid reviewers. Time to collectivly spread the untold truth...   And to dji, you lost costumer trust and keep in mind that it is easy to get replacement for the service you offer. Those who aimed too high will fall deep! Welcome already near the bottom...
2020-7-29
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules