I have 2 ronin-m battery that won't charge
1234Next >
88209 127 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdfccdfe1
New

United States

I have the two DJI Ronin-M Intelligent Batteries that came with my Ronin-M Gimbal and they will not charge, I've tried troubleshooting, looked at the FAQ's, the forum, YouTube, etc...the best answer I could get was to update the firmware, I tried plugging the Ronin into my computer and because there is no power the PC will not recognize the gimbal in any way, so there is no way for me to update the firmware...I decided to call your support ( I don't know the name of the rep since he was mumbling the entire time) and the best answer I could get was, "your batteries are completely dead since you haven't used it such a long time. You will need to buy new batteries." The idea that I should have to buy new batteries ($95) after using my gimbal on 3 times??? And especially for something I paid almost $1200 for it absolutely ridiculous to me.  I have rechargeable Gameboy batteries that have last me 10 years...come on DJI, this is supposed to be some hi- tech intelligent battery.

I researched further and read the Battery Safety Guidelines front to back and apparently after extended periods of the batteries not being used they completely deplete themselves in order to stop swelling and malfunction.  I was told throwing them back on the charger and getting them back to 65% or more would fix the issue....that's great.  IF THEY WOULD CHARGE. I've had it on the charger for hours and nothing. DJI is clearly aware of this issue and from what I've read in this forum is completely ignoring the issue and not offering any solutions. I might just be mad ATM, but this is some of the worst customer support I've ever encountered. Having it coming from a reputable company respected for it's technology advances in the Video Industry is even more shocking. Hopefully they see this and decide  to help anyone with defective batteries.
2020-8-3
Use props
djiuser_b9lytZFTFwGf
lvl.1

France

Marco Fleischhut Posted at 7-29 03:55
Turned on my ronin m today, 1 battery dead, the other won't charge. They don't provide batteries (those few available die quickly as we all know, if they charge at all eben they are brandnew and "sealed in box") nor a fix, i and everyone encountering this problem with no solution to a problem that is related to bad manufacturing, we all should start a ...storm on youtube, just to engage everyone not to support a unsupportive company that gives a ... on it's costumers.  So to everyone out there, spread your hate on youtube and social media, as if we do it here, it only sums us up in a groop of people with bad experiences, while their ...load of bs products kept on getting hyped by retarded youtube kids and paid reviewers. Time to collectivly spread the untold truth...   And to dji, you lost costumer trust and keep in mind that it is easy to get replacement for the service you offer. Those who aimed too high will fall deep! Welcome already near the bottom...

Currently support is answering to me by email.
Apparently, after 3 emails talking about my provider who don't have stock to change for a new one, I will have luck and get a return (not yet sure).
It is written that components are available for 5 years on the bill.

So if things go mads, as you suggest, we have to communicate about that. I would be informed of that before buying a so high end product with really nice idea in the lipo battery managment (it looks to be, as a hobbyhist I really well know lipo topic). But in fact these dead battery is a total fail. If no support I will make my own battery, maybe looking at that microprocessor behavior closer ... a generic 4s 2Ah is not so costly after all
2020-8-3
Use props
balanceduser
lvl.1

Sweden

As far as I know (and i've spent much time on this), there are currently none of these batteries in stock in Europe.

The only place that lists them as in stock are 'batteryupgrade.se' and after ordering they've taken my money and then sent an email saying they don't have any in stock.

So what now, DJI?
2020-8-4
Use props
djiuser_b9lytZFTFwGf
lvl.1

France

I just obtain a  replacement case by support.
I now ask if I send only batteries or full package
2020-8-5
Use props
djiuser_b9lytZFTFwGf
lvl.1

France

My 2 batteries has left home to go to support
cross fingers for next steps
2020-8-7
Use props
SteamWork
New

United Kingdom

I’m also in this situation and none too happy about it. The original big battery is still working well, but the smaller battery won’t even charge. I’ve used it only a handful of times and it hasn’t been used over the last 6 months. I come to set up the gimbal again and try to charge the batteries. No sign of life at all in the new one and obviously it’s now out of warranty. No stock anywhere in Europe and the reseller I bought it from obviously want nothing to do with it. It seems DJI is only just starting to respond to this issue but what I need, and I assume many of us on this thread are in the same situation, is a battery that works not a replacement of the same thing.
DJI, what’s your plan? I don’t mind buying a new battery if you can guarantee it’s not the astoundingly low quality of this one and it comes soon!
2020-8-8
Use props
balanceduser
lvl.1

Sweden

Latest from Support:

"From July 2019, the EU will implement the environmental protection requirements of the Rohs 2.0 standard. Products that do not meet the Rohs 2.0 standard will be restricted from entering the EU.

I am sorry the ronin M battery is out of stock in our European warehouse and we also can't help you transfer the ronin M battery from the warehouse in other area because it don't meet the requirements of the Rohs 2.0 standard.
We will feedback your situation to related department and hope they can produce the Ronin-m battery that can meet the requirements of the Rohs 2.0 standard as soon as possible."
2020-8-11
Use props
Brandon Travis Lopez
New

United States

Tom Trendits Posted at 2019-10-29 05:46
I also have a worthless ronin now beacause I have 2 broken 3400 battery's and I just bought a new 4350 battery because DJI told me to do that but didn't told me that it needs a new charger wich is no longer available to buy so now I have my worthless ronin with 2 broken battery's and a new worthless battery with no charger. I'm realy disappointed in DJI now therese not even a solution for me

I bought a new charger it’s not the charger bro and I’ve bought a new battery from the dji website
2020-8-15
Use props
djiuser_b9lytZFTFwGf
lvl.1

France

I received two batteries today
charged, tested OK
So support is not so bad at regarding my case
I will now make a monthly alert on my phone to charge them a little to stay close to 50% when not used
2020-8-20
Use props
WANTMYMONEYBACK
New

Canada

I just made an account to add to this thread....

Bought a Ronin-M a little over a year ago, used a handful of times and now the batteries are shot...  DJI support has no help to offer other then to tell me to buy new batteries... are you kidding me?

There must be some way to have something done for all of us? anyone know how we could take legal action or something?  I just want my money back, this will be the last DJI product that I ever buy, what a terrible company.
2020-9-27
Use props
gilthethrill
New

Canada

Nikolay Atanasov Posted at 2-18 12:11
Ronin MX
Not charging BATTERY FIX!

Nikolay Atanasov is a saint.  His fix worked for me.  I actually made a larger hole to better see the connections.  Thanks for the fix Nikolay.
2020-9-28
Use props
Nikolay Atanasov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3755928 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

gilthethrill Posted at 9-28 13:16
Nikolay Atanasov is a saint.  His fix worked for me.  I actually made a larger hole to better see the connections.  Thanks for the fix Nikolay.

Haha, thanks! I'm glad my post helped you.
2020-10-12
Use props
c4lifestyle
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

sadly I have fallen grip to this ronin m battery trouble. bought in 2018. used it lightly but used it. now after a month of no use both batteries are shot. they lit up with the charger and that was it. no lights no charging no nothing.
2020-10-21
Use props
Malcolm2
New
Flight distance : 187 ft

United States

I've had this problem and haven't been able to find anything on how to fix if there is a fix, if anyone has that'd be really, really cool.
2020-10-29
Use props
fans68f72eb8
lvl.1
Poland

Hi guys, had the same frustrating problem here. That’s what worked for me: try pluging in and disconnecting the battery from the charger for like milion times. Took about an hour but now my bat is FINALLY charging! Wow. Hope it will work with my second bat with the same problem :/ but DJI, seriously? Y U do this
2020-11-8
Use props
PAOLO BERNARDI
lvl.1

Italy

it is a shameful situation for DJI, who I guess seeing so many complaints has abandoned Ronin M and Mx and all his customers to put gimbals into production without this ridiculous battery that has absolutely nothing intelligent ..
After spending almost 2000 € I find myself with non-working batteries and a product that I can throw in the toilet. @Dji you are not correct
2020-11-9
Use props
kbspace4
New

Ireland

Hey, this may or may not help you but here is a lil guide I found
122210sfqwsczt22eeqp2b.png
2020-11-24
Use props
WulfHntr
lvl.1
United States

Well, I myself have 2 batteries with same issue. Requested a call from DJI about this issue. DJI calls back, after much explanation of how there is hundreds of people having this problem and despite my batteries only being a few months old, he says its not warrantied. I request a call from a supervisor and he tells me I have to wait a few days for a call back. 3 days pass, THE SAME guy calls back. Now hes saying he is a supervisor and telling me he has not spoken with me despite giving me the same name and having the same exact voice. He does onto saying the same thing. " The batteries are old and you need to upgrade" despite them being a few mnonths and only been charged 3 times. Needless to say I get upset and ask if he finds it fair and if there is ANYTHING he can do to make this fair as far as maybe a slight discount, etc on new batteries. He goes onto say that this is my issue and people at DJI have never heard of this issue happening before.

Very dissapointing that a company can be so out of touch and abrasive to their customer base. Contemplating selling all my DJI gear after this one. I just bought the RS too, im terrified of something happening to it now that I see first hand how they respond to these things.

If anyone does decide to try to take any sort of action, count me in. This is just not fair at all.
2020-12-6
Use props
Cookester
lvl.1

Australia

Yep, on my third dud battery. This one brand new, out of the box and won't charge. Seriously guys, get rid of your battery supplier and take some responsibility for this shamozle..
2020-12-7
Use props
NettersFilm
New

United States

I signed in just to write about my BATTERY TOO! This is not okay. I have two dead ass batteries and can not even use my gimbal.

Let's ALL contact the BBB (Better Business Bureau) for this faulty business and product.

DJI, WHAT IS THE SOLUTION??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I NEED ANSWERS!
2021-1-15
Use props
jkickin2
New

United States

I am in the same boat. 3 batteries not charging. I took 2 of them apart and bypassed the charging board and charged up the batteries. I now get lights on the batteries, but they wont charge through the charging port or power up the ronin. Would be nice to use this 900 dollar paperweight. I think I used it 3 times in my ownership. I'll keep you posted, if I make any more progress.
2021-2-6
Use props
djiuser_i2KS7sB8s1CT
New
United States

I purchased two new DJI Ronin Ms with a total of 10 “smart batteries” about a year and a half ago and do to the Covid pandemic my jobs slowed down. I really didn’t do much filming for a few months so I didn’t use the equipment for that time and recently I had a few gigs lined up and went to charge my batteries and ALL OF THEM are not working.
I called DJIs customer service(which is a joke!!!) they literally told me if I don’t use them for 3 months they stop working and that they can’t send replacements because the warranty is only 6 months!
I asked if there will be a solution or an upgrade in the batteries? he said that “that product has been discontinued and that I should purchase more of the defective batteries”

What I’m asking the chat, is there a class action lawsuit possible here? We are talking of thousand of customers with thousands of dollars wasted on a defective product. The gimbal it’s self is awesome but this battery issue is the worst and the DJI customer is unhelpful.
2021-2-17
Use props
joelreed33
New

New Zealand

SAME ISSUE!!! BRAND NEW BATTERIES AND JUST ABSOLUTELY NO RESPONSE OR LED SHOWING. WERE IN THE BOX FOR ONLY LIKE 6 MONTHS.
2021-2-25
Use props
djiuser_YDJ5egkujuyI
New

United Kingdom

This is a big mistake by DJI so many customers are having this battery issue and DJI cannot provide a fix for this. Truly terrible and makes you think twice before deciding to buy anything from them again.
2021-3-10
Use props
Skatin_Tater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 433173 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_YDJ5egkujuyI Posted at 3-10 11:55
This is a big mistake by DJI so many customers are having this battery issue and DJI cannot provide a fix for this. Truly terrible and makes you think twice before deciding to buy anything from them again.

Just ordered three of these batteries directly from DJI's store. Two out of the three will not charge. Brand new.

Edit: just checked the manufacture date on the boxes and it's Dec 2020 for all three. I have a return request, so hopefully the new ones will work.

Edit again: after leaving one on the charger for an hour, it appears to be charging up. I'll try the same with the second one.

Final edit: the second one began charging after sitting on the charger for a bit before hitting the second LED. I'm an idiot. But, I thought they generally start hitting two LEDs pretty quickly. These both took quite some time.

2021-3-11
Use props
PULSEphotovidio
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same or similar problem. Bought my Ronin M a few years back to start providing smooth shots, but did not have a reason to use it for right on a year. pulled out the Ronin M out of the box and the batteries charging lights came on and then stopped. I assumed they needed to be charged, but the would not charge the charging lights came on for a few cycles and stopped. they are now dead and DJI refused to help. I ended up purchasing two new batteries. This time I kept checking the batteries to make sure they were still holding a charge (off the charger) When it came time to use them one battery had one light the other three. I connected to my Ronin M and nothing. four lights dark with the red light on, but no power. I tried the battery with a higher charge. Nothing. I assumed the batteries needed a charge so I plugged the battery into the charger same result as the first set. Not charging. That battery is now dead. I have one battery left. It has only one light on the four charging lights, but it will not charge. When plugged into the charger the charging lights go for 6 cycles and stop. this is really frustrating and a lot of money down the drain. I have never had this kind of problem with any other company, like I am having with DJI. I also have 3 dead Phantom 4 batteries that died over night in my triple charger. DJI has lost my business for life. I do not expect them to fix this. I am now hoping for a Class Action Lawsuit against them. but I'm not holding my breath!
2021-3-11
Use props
DaniloEddy
New
Flight distance : 18684 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sadly, I'm another victim to these terrible batteries. I have a Ronin MX which Ive only uses once since purchase two years ago. Batteries won't charge. Is there no solution? @dji???
2021-4-26
Use props
lemmiwinks
lvl.1

Australia

Hi everyone, I will share some theories here which may or may not help.

My organisation has a Ronin MX which has been in storage for about 2.5 years, needless to say the batteries do not respond.  In desperation I have made some holes in the side as detailed in this persons video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubFm9dIevKk

Using test leads and a multimeter I found one battery was at 2.15V and the other was around 1.5V.  I suspect that well before this point the BMS "disconnects" and won't "reconnect" until a certain voltage.  I think it's probably risky to a) have lipo's at this voltage and b) possibly even to charge them from here.

Using the test leads while connected to a multimeter I also applied 12VDC 500mA via a simple AC adapter.  I would have like lower current but that's all I could find.  I slowly (by unplugging and "resting" the batteries) brought the voltage up to around 14.5V.  When it could maintain around 13.5-13.8V without rapidly falling it was possible to turn the battery on and it would even recognise a charger, however I kept the multimeter attached and it doesn't charge yet.

Here's my theory.  You bypass charge the cells i.e. no BMS.  Obviously there could be a big imbalance between cells now - 14.4V doesn't mean it's evenly distributed across the cells in the pack.  Now the BMS will power up and check the battery and it's going to see the big imbalance.  Maybe it nopes out, or maybe it's trying to balance the pack, either way the voltage slowly keeps dropping and then the protection kicks in.  Even in non extreme cases where it's not necessary to open the battery, I think this is still the issue.  Cell balancing happens in the order of milliamps, not amps.  I think that maybe when connected to the charger, power LED is red and one blinking white status LED it's balancing.  When it gets below a certain pack voltage and/or too much time elapses without successful balancing, it turns off.

My guess is that with enough time, patience and luck the cells can become balanced to the point where the BMS prarameters will be satisfied and charging resumes as per normal.  I've only been working on these batteries for a few hours so far but since I had one on the charger for 1.5 days with nothing happening I think this is a big improvement.  Thanks also to Mitko Nikov for his video on this issue.
2021-4-29
Use props
djiuser_g3M59mePHQdZ
New
Flight distance : 9318 ft
Portugal

rsashop1@xemaps.com Posted at 2019-9-20 09:35
Has anyone come up to a solution for this? Since DJI refuses to respond it sounds like a class action lawsuit is need.

Lets all start a class action again DJI. I have been talking over two weeks with DJI through twitter and email.

They are hidding behind the warranty, and trying to put the blame on users for the faulty batteries. This is a manufacturing error from their part. I have panasonic batteries, canon batteries that after more that 5 years, some a decade work perfectly. Heck, even the DJI batteries from the ronin-s, or mavic pros don't have that issue we all have with the smart batteries.

DJI screwed up and is screwing us.

I have been asking them for a reason why the batteries fail, and after several tweets, and emails repeating these questions they keep ignoring them.

I seriously think it is time for a class action lawsuit. We are within our rights and there and hundreds if not thousands of us.
2021-6-21
Use props
tripslip38
lvl.1
United States

Yes another angry customer echoing the same problem 3 pages deep
2021-10-16
Use props
Tom Cella
New

United States

Bump for this ridiculous problem - I've got two dead batteries that have only been used a handful of times. DJI needs to fix this.
2021-10-22
Use props
C4Productions
New

United States

HERE IS A POSSIBLE FIX!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgGL7CK9xg
P.S. I made an account just to post this, hope it helps!

2021-12-1
Use props
C4Productions
New

United States

]POSSIBLE FIX
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_mBZdFPLXWbdN
New

United States

Time for a class action lawsuit. This has gone too far...
2021-12-20
Use props
lvl.1
United States

Count me in on the class action! 2 Dead Batts, cost me $1200 when I bought it.
@CHUM_MEDIA
2022-3-13
Use props
CraigArtzner
lvl.2
United States

Just checking in and adding my 2 cents. We bought a Ronin-M brand new in 2019. Used it a few times and then it sat for a year or so and now both batteries are completely unresponsive. I don't even mind buying new batteries but there's nothing available for sale ANYWHERE? This $300+ Ronin is just a giant paperweight right now as I can't use it at all. Come on DJI get it together already.
2022-3-22
Use props
curtisjr75
New

United States

this is crazy......... im surprised that no knock off companies have tried to make a replacement.... its a very big need!
2022-3-30
Use props
Huggybear187
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139216 ft
United States

A friend of mine just bought a ronin m
With bad batteries. I found this on YouTube and it fixed em!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVgGL7CK9xg
2022-4-14
Use props
ThomM
New

United States

Worst battery ever.  Class-action suit time.  DJI knows the product is useless yet they keep selling them.  Probably millions in sales of these powerless batteries combined with many millions in now worthless Ronin M's gathering dust in closets all over the world.  I will join class action suit now or form one myself if I hear back from 20+ others.  tfilmandvideo@yahoo.com.
2022-4-27
Use props
balanceduser
lvl.1

Sweden

I bought two new batteries, and they are both now dead.

The added problem now is that there are zero batteries to buy online, even if I wanted to replace them again.

DJI's support is the worst customer experience I've ever had. Beyond frustrating.
2022-6-17
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules