Firmware update will not complete - urgent
1238 4 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Flightgeist
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1347192 ft
United States

Brand new Inspire 2, just out of the box.  Turned it on and was instructed to connect my phone to craft via USB and update the firmware.  I did as told, and the progress bar slowly moved up and up.  Once the progress bar reached 99%, the DJIGo4 App update screen showed a check/update for "Vision Sensors" and a second progress bar showing the % of completion on the Vision Sensor check.

This bar reached 99%, stayed there for a minute, then started over again at 1%.  The Vision Sensor check took a few moments to get back to 99%, then once again reset at 1% and started over.

This has been going on for almost an hour.  The total progress bar (bottom right corner) has stayed at 99%.  The Vision Sensor bar (bottom left) has gone from 1 to 99% at least a dozen times.  I am afraid to disconect before the update is complete but not sure what to do.

If anyone has some quick advice I would appreciate it.  I've probably only got another 45 minutes before the batteries die.
2017-5-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can I assume you activated your Inspire 2 first... correct. And you then started to update the FW second after connecting your device to the remote?

More information could help us decide the next steps to take, but I would connect the Inspire 2 to a PC using DJI assistant 2 software. Make sure your batteries are fully charged and do the update again using the A2 software.  Make sure you update the Inspire 2 first, then update the remote second

Rich
2017-5-12
Use props
Flightgeist
lvl.2
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-5-12 15:00
Can I assume you activated your Inspire 2 first... correct. And you then started to update the FW second after connecting your device to the remote?

More information could help us decide the next steps to take, but I would connect the Inspire 2 to a PC using DJI assistant 2 software. Make sure your batteries are fully charged and do the update again using the A2 software.  Make sure you update the Inspire 2 first, then update the remote second

Rich, thanks for the advice.  I did not register first.  I was not prompted to do so.  I turned on the craft and remote controller and an iPad connected to the remote.  I entered the DJI Go4 App and the first thing that happened was a message popped up saying that the craft needed to be updated, to connect my device to the craft via USB cable.  I did so, and initiated the update process.  This is where it got stuck.  I can unplug, activate, and try again, but as I said I was not asked to do this by the software originally and my main fear right now is disconnecting the craft while the firmware process is still going on.
2017-5-12
Use props
Flightgeist
lvl.2
United States

Update, I just went ahead and disconnected the cord.  Everything was fine.  Drone worked perfectly and didn't need to reinstall firmware.  Must have been some weird loop that the software got caught in.
2017-5-12
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flightgeist Posted at 2017-5-12 15:51
Update, I just went ahead and disconnected the cord.  Everything was fine.  Drone worked perfectly and didn't need to reinstall firmware.  Must have been some weird loop that the software got caught in.

Glad you were able to get it back on track. I have seen others with lots of bad stories because they did not activate the craft first. To me I always wait on the FW for a new DJI product and take care of everything else. The DJI Go App can not know your story and just gives you the alert as instructed by programming.

The other thing is the Go App can be unstable at times and I prefer using the PC for updating the FW.

So, the main thing is you are going again and I am very happy for your new Inspire 2 drone.

Make sure you read the manual and have fun with this amazing aircraft
Rich
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules