Is everyone still having P3P range issues?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3c05a217
lvl.2
Flight distance : 782582 ft
United States

Last year, it seemed there were  dozen+ threads a day about the latest update killing P3P range. Lots of folks downgrading to try and fix it. Then there were reports that the newest DJI Go iOS software didn't work with the latest iOS update, so folks were holding off updating their ipads and iphones to the latest iOS.

Have these issues all been resolved? My firmware is very old by now and I'd like to update. I'd also like to update my ipad air 2.

Is everyone with P3Ps who are running the latest everything doing OK with range?
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Those problematic drones are far and few between.
My Phantom 3 Pro is always updated and so is my iPad Air2 Cellular...

Please don't fear being one of the minority...

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

New to drone flying, but I have a P3P with the latest updates and have flown pretty far from my location and am having no problems whatsoever.   I would give it a go with the latest.
2017-5-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I am new to drone flying and have a P3P.  I have the latest updates and have flown pretty far from my location (600m) with no problems or warnings so far.   I would give it a go.
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-12 16:59
I am new to drone flying and have a P3P.  I have the latest updates and have flown pretty far from my location (600m) with no problems or warnings so far.   I would give it a go.

Man, you can say that again. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans3c,

My P3P has always been my distance flier.  Never had distance problems for two years, or so, now.  If you decide to update to the present, remember that DJI GO 4 is for the Phantom 4 and up models.  Go slowly with each firmware update and your DJI GO upgrades.  Use the release notes available on the P3P downloads page to pace your updates and upgrades.  You can get the firmware and DJI GO apps from the PhantomHelp.com web site.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-12
Use props
fanse1af22cc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

I just saw a video on YouTube by a guy who is talking about turning a P3 into a P4, range wise, with a new app. It is called LITCHI and I checked it out at the Apple app store and it is there for download.
The problem is that the Litchi app costs $22.00, which if range is your concern, is well worth it. I mean the guy is talking miles!

The app also makes the "Follow Me" feature work way better - which is why I am going to buy it.

If you want to see the video, go to YouTube and type in Litchi app for Phantom 3. There will be a couple of them but the best one is with a guy who has a goatee and TECHY on his t-shirt.
Hope this helps!
2017-5-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules