fly aways
960 2 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
www.theflying.k
lvl.1

New Zealand

I have a new inspire 1, and after having a f550 some time ago suffering fly aways, when switching from atti to gps, i NEVER flew gps mode ever again, and will never fly my new inspire 1 in gps mode, i see alot of people in here losing control, and wonder how many are in gps mode vs atti mode? it scares the shit out of me how many have been losing control with them, it's alot of money to fly away compared to a phantom, does dji replace them if they fly away on their own? i have been flying tbs disco using naza v2 and have only ever used manual or atti and never had an issue.
2015-3-7
Use props
thumpinhard
lvl.2

United States

i have had a few fly aways when using gps mode and ended up in a tree twice. i in one instance i was looking at my tablet making camera adjustments and it started drifting fast and i forgot i was facing towards myself and hit the stick the wrong direction. i would say if you are comfortable with atto use it at least mainly. in close proximity i like to use gps mode..but only if i am prepared to take over. the main thing seems to be that it can catch you off guard. atti is safer if you can keep it under control when it is backwards in wind etc.
  also..i seem to be losing video signal again with the new f.w. my suggestion is to fly line of sight and keep lots of distance from trees etc.
and i mean like 50 yards. mine was in a tree so fast i could not believe it.
i have a new bird as of tonight. mine had some imu errors and drifted off at the worst times as well as losing video signal when i needed it badly.
2015-3-7
Use props
www.theflying.k
lvl.1

New Zealand

thumpinhard Posted at 2015-3-8 13:52
i have had a few fly aways when using gps mode and ended up in a tree twice. i in one instance i was ...

yeah, seems to be a mix of user fault, and system fault. i really hope i haven't made the wrong choice on getting this.
2015-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules