Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic rotating on it's own/not flying straight.
13303 24 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AndyDPhotograph
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1497402 ft
United States

I've had my Mavic since March and lately I've been noticing that it's starting to turn on it's own while hovering and also will not fly straight.  I'm attaching a video I shot the other night.  I sent it up and just let it sit.  You can see it's turning clockwise.  (See video)
The second issue, the flying straight, I've noticed that when I take off and line up with something I want to shoot, I am holding the right stick all the way up and the drone seems to fly at an angle and drifts off to the left.  Not precise at all! And that's rather annoying considering the price.

I've done calibrations on everything, (compass, IMU, controller calibration, calibration with the app on my Mac and the drone attached) and even put on brand new factory blades, and I still am seeing the issue.  I've gone as far as factory resetting the drone and trying again, same results.  
Can anyone, specifically DJI, please advise about this issue?  Thanks!

2017-5-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

In relation to the rotation, are you sure it is the Mavic rotating and not the gimbal. To check this, you may need to fly at a lower altitude level with your eyeline and try to place the Mavic in front of an obstacle in the distance so you can actually see if the Mavic is actually rotating. If the Mavic is not rotating, try turning off Gimbal Pan Synchronous Follow.
As for the flying in a straight line, when you did the IMU calibration, did you do it on a precisely level surface and place the Mavic exactly as required. Also, were you sure that there was no wind when flying in a straight line. There may not have been wind on the ground, but there could have been up high. You would need to check this in nil wind at a lower height.
2017-5-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

What's your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?
2017-5-14
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to me a lot. I notice a lot when trying to shoot at night and I need the camera to be perfectly still. To get over this I just pan a bit to one side and the other and then leave it for a second to check for movement, if it is still drifting I repeat the process until I get it to be very still. This is very annoying and time consuming.  Just like the OP I have calibrated everything and I'm running the latest firmware .700
2017-5-15
Use props
AndyDPhotograph
lvl.1
United States

Sorry I hadn't responded sooner.  I'm on version 1.03.0700.
2017-5-15
Use props
UCBarkeeper
lvl.3
Flight distance : 616982 ft
Switzerland

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-5-15 08:45
This happens to me a lot. I notice a lot when trying to shoot at night and I need the camera to be perfectly still. To get over this I just pan a bit to one side and the other and then leave it for a second to check for movement, if it is still drifting I repeat the process until I get it to be very still. This is very annoying and time consuming.  Just like the OP I have calibrated everything and I'm running the latest firmware .700

yep, i also notice that slight drift from time to time.
2017-5-16
Use props
tshizdude
lvl.1
Flight distance : 730988 ft
United States

I do get the yaw drift as well, sometimes with wind, sometimes without. I feel like my phantom 3 was pretty rock solid and did not have any yaw drift. Not a total deal breaker as of right now.
2017-5-16
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

i noticed mine doing this too but i think the drone was yawing and not the camera
2017-5-20
Use props
fansdcac56c4
lvl.1
Finland

Mine does the rotating also. It started after upgrading to .700. It is clearly noticeable and is really annoying when trying to get a good shot. I tried downgrading to .550 but that did not help. It still slowly creeps around it's axis to the left. It seems like something that could be fixed with a trim but these thing should not need a trim. It used to be rock solid without any rotation before. This needs to be fixed!
2017-5-20
Use props
JeffinCincy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 269649 ft
United States

Did you try to recalibrate the controller?

Jeff
2017-5-22
Use props
Malsua
lvl.1
Flight distance : 86959 ft
United States

Are any of the props damaged?
2017-5-22
Use props
Bintryin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 164406 ft
Australia

.700 firmware mine is not flying straight also not holding altitude making it very hard to fly up a nice straight road or in between trees. I have not calibrated anything yet after the update i will do that on the weekend and report back
2017-5-30
Use props
tokenbrit
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384094 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-14 23:28
What's your current firmware version? Is the firmware up to date?

Hi - I'm on the latest firmware and experienced rotation while hovering.  Is this something new?
2017-7-4
Use props
fans45d5ae19
lvl.1

United States

I have the same issue also and I did a recalibrate on everything including the controller and no difference. Also my controller when I tried shows right stick is + 5 when the stick is centered and I have no idea why!
2017-7-4
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

I'm on  ...0700 firmware and my Mavic Does the Drift also with the  Turning while hovering
At This point I'm happy if I launch and Manually fly it back home without Fly away issues
Would I buy another Mavic ......Maybe.!
Would I buy a Mavic 2.0 Definitely

...Please DJI don't make the Mavic 2.0 any sketchier Like Mavic Pro
............. and bring back the infinite zoom and do something better then this current Mavic Pro  Gimble and the Battery holder (WTH)
..Don't get me started.!
2017-7-4
Use props
djiuser_GoMHnlW
lvl.1
Flight distance : 134183 ft
Norway

Hi,

Did you manage to fix this problem?
I have similar one - the gimbal of my drone is turning slightly, after I have turned my drone. It centers itself, even if I have turned of the function, in which the camera turns sideways.

Did you contact the support?
2017-9-23
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Hey!  This happened to me - exactly as you say.  One day my Mavic is perfect, the next day it was doing this rotation and not flying straight....in addition to the gimbal 'yawing' all on it's own.  I posted the later in these forums.  I noticed the turning and not flying straight issue exactly at the same time but didn't say anything.  FW 800 for me.
2017-9-23
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

tokenbrit Posted at 2017-7-4 15:32
Hi - I'm on the latest firmware and experienced rotation while hovering.  Is this something new?

I'm experiencing everything in these posts (rotation, not flying straight, gimbal pans).  All happened on FW 800.  I did TONS of flying on FW 700 and it was rock solid- almost never any errors at all.  On FW 800 it all started first with random "Aircraft Disconnected" errors.   

VERY VERY VERY ANNOYING DJI!!!!
2017-9-23
Use props
Kingy07
New
United Kingdom

Hello I have the same problem and found this video on YouTube.  It solved my problem hope it can help one of you too.

2017-10-18
Use props
AndyDPhotograph
lvl.1
United States

Kingy07 Posted at 2017-10-18 03:41
Hello I have the same problem and found this video on YouTube.  It solved my problem hope it can help one of you too.

https://youtu.be/8qdkktNjXP4

Thanks. Ya, I've done that several times.  It's annoying.  Especially when trying to fly straight.
2017-10-23
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

Did you try flying in sports mode the same line? If there is wind I found out that in sport mode it copes much better and fly straight.
Another thing, at least for me, is that the gimbal is not 100% in line with the aircraft, so if you line using the camera it will appear to go at and angle but if LOS it flies in a straight line.
2017-10-23
Use props
Como Lake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7481496 ft
Italy

You are sue thet The Dronero Not Follow your Center Point dJi app But The Drone follow her Center Point?  Sorry My English
2017-12-22
Use props
Brutale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26 ft
United States

Look up CFIXER MAVIC on YouTube.
2017-12-22
Use props
Droned1994
New

Estonia

I had the same problem. I restored factory settings and then I calibrated IMU and GPS and it worked. The problem was I calibrated GPS wrong way. I thought drone nose is this way where the camera is but I was wrong. Then I recalibrated GPS and it worked perfectly. Hope it's helpful. Have a great flight's, everyone
2018-9-10
Use props
fans5e80ff0d
New

Indonesia

fans45d5ae19 Posted at 2017-7-4 16:08
I have the same issue also and I did a recalibrate on everything including the controller and no difference. Also my controller when I tried shows right stick is + 5 when the stick is centered and I have no idea why!

Hi fans! Did you solve the issue?
2019-8-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules