Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Phantom 2 Four Battery Charging Station Review
2936 13 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vaszary
New

Hungary

Here is a hands on review of the SPC4000 charging station: http://www.dronethusiast.com/dji-phantom-2-charging-station-review-smart-powercharge-spc-4000/
2015-3-8
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

expensive but looks well made and i like the mindless deep cycling feature.  i'd probably be in on it once it drops below the 200 price point.
2015-3-8
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

I'll keep my little 3 battery charger.
2015-3-8
Use props
HermosaDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3160344 ft
  • >>>
United States

This $40 unit has been working pretty well for me.  you have to cheeck they are full since sometimes they don't charge all the way, but it's $40.  
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... e?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2015-3-8
Use props
buzzcbr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 316545 ft
United Kingdom

I like it, but not at £200 I dont.
If it was more like £90.00 I'd go for it.

Buzz
2015-3-8
Use props
vaszary
New

Hungary

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-9 00:23
I'll keep my little 3 battery charger.

Hehe, like your avatar pic.
2015-3-9
Use props
smee56
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Would be handy to charge a few at a time.
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
lvl.4

United States

vaszary@me.com Posted at 2015-3-9 17:10
Hehe, like your avatar pic.

That was my flight gear in Vietnam.
2015-3-9
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

This thing is the answer to a lot of battery aggravation. Pricey, but what that's worth a damn isn't. Half a dozen batteries aren't cheap, either.
2015-3-9
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

smatchet42@hotm Posted at 2015-3-9 21:59
This thing is the answer to a lot of battery aggravation. Pricey, but what that's worth a damn isn't ...

Just a quick follow-up, since my charger arrived yesterday. This charger is perfect if you have several batteries to charge at one time. Also, the two included usb ports charge the controller and extender at the same time as the flight batteries and don't require you to be anywhere near a computer, or to have a wall type usb charger. And, being able to use the Deep Cycle discharging and charging cycle, on multiple batteries at the same time, is not duplicatable by any method with which I am familiar.

I have no idea how well it will hold up over the long run, but from all appearances, the company making it took the time and effort to make a very high quality product. Time will tell. So far, though, I'm lovin' this thing!

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or seller.
2015-3-14
Use props
acenothing
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112185 ft
United States

HermosaDrones Posted at 2015-3-9 00:37
This $40 unit has been working pretty well for me.  you have to cheeck they are full since sometimes ...

I have this too and it works well.  I would love the deep discharge function but not at $300.
2015-3-14
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Anybody have any issues with this taking a long time to charge. I just ran four batteries and it took almost three hours to top them to a point where the lights would drop out?  Not really a problem, just surprising. It's a pretty nice unit other than that.  
2015-3-22
Use props
smatchet42
lvl.2

United States

gary.ok@hotmail Posted at 2015-3-22 18:11
Anybody have any issues with this taking a long time to charge. I just ran four batteries and it too ...

What version batteries do you have, i.e., what are the markings on the batteries? Which generation Phantom are you flying?
2015-3-22
Use props
gary.ok
lvl.3
United States

Phantom 2 Vision Plus. Got it in February, so most recent version of the battery.  I actually got a response from the manufacturer that makes sense. The charger is a bit slower than the DJI cable primarily because it was designed around preserving the health of the battery. In reality it wasn't that much different, and it's nice to just drop them and forget them.
2015-3-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules