POLL :Do you use RTH or fly back your AC yourself ?
3439 41 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-23 07:22
Admittedly I have hardly flown my Mavic at all until last week when I was in Iceland.  Amazing place to fly!  I'll experiment with these methods as I would rather have complete control of the drone myself.  Many times I would fly instrument only and could tell via my distance/height feedback that I was doing well until I could make visual contact.  The first time I used RTH was when it was automatically initiated after I lost signal over a high set of waterfalls (and I ventured upstream   ).  My heart stopped at that point as I feared a 'flyaway'...but she came back to me 5 min later and boosted my confidence .    I learned from this that when going over steep terrain, to fly WAY back so as to not loose signal.  I tried this again at another location and achieved about 3km distance; probably could have gone way farther as my signal meter was strong.

3 km excellent sometimes I feel myself display is very small on my phone, was hoping I might get crystalsky and it would be a lot brighter.
Enjoy the flying.
2017-5-23
Use props
YellowAstra
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1834193 ft
Switzerland

i fly all myself the beeping kills the use of it seriously
2017-5-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now