Will using Litchi void warranty?
1760 10 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

I'm thinking about purchasing a Mavic. I have a Nexus 6P running Android 7.1.2

The reviews for the DJI GO app are horrible. Many have suggested using the Litchi app instead. I was curious if this would void my warranty with DJI "when" a problem occurs? I cannot get a straight answer from DJI.

Thanks
Screenshot_20170514-055033.png
2017-5-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Unless you have a crash as a direct result of using litchi, or a crash directly caused by pilot error, then your warranty and Mavic will not be covered.
If you have a crash as a direct result of aircraft malfunction then your warranty will be covered by dji.
2017-5-14
Use props
Silverado101980
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5858166 ft
United States

I've been very tempted to use Litchi on my phone since I have the issue with the Go 4 App crashing on Android every time I try and use Go4 and it crashes I'm one step closer to trying it ...
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

CheckYourSix , As Hallmark007 said ---- Personally I have used and still do Litchi , it is
                      a good stable running app on IOS and Android , I have never heard of
                      the Litichi app crashing and the only actual AC that physically Crash are
                      due to flying autonomous missions where the Pilot misjudged the altitude
                      setting too low causing the Mavic to crash into a tree, building, flag pole
                      or tower --- Be carful and double check your settings
FlySafe-FlyFree   
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Silverado101980 Posted at 2017-5-14 06:52
I've been very tempted to use Litchi on my phone since I have the issue with the Go 4 App crashing on Android every time I try and use Go4 and it crashes I'm one step closer to trying it ...

Hi Silverado101980 ,   If you have no other choice to get the full enjoyment of
                                flying the Mavic without the GO4 app crashing , I do recommend
                                the Litchi app it is worth the price --- read post#4 it is
                                similar to the GO4 app and I don't think you would have a hard time
                                trying to understand it .
FlySafe-FlyFree
2017-5-14
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-14 07:18
Hi Silverado101980 ,   If you have no other choice to get the full enjoyment of
                                flying the Mavic without the GO4 app crashing , I do recommend
                                the Litchi app it is worth the price --- read post#4 it is

I have no issues with DJI Go4 but also use Litchi. There are some things you want to use DJI GO for but Litchi provides a lot of additional capabilities such as flying complex waypoint missions which allow very smooth video not possible otherwise and much more.
2017-5-14
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-5-14 18:03
I have no issues with DJI Go4 but also use Litchi. There are some things you want to use DJI GO for but Litchi provides a lot of additional capabilities such as flying complex waypoint missions which allow very smooth video not possible otherwise and much more.

Yes Wolfgang and from what I read the waypoint missions are the #1 cause of an AC crash
because of pilot error by putting in the wrong altitude in the waypoint settings
I think it's a great app but you have to be sure of your autonomous setup  
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The DJI After-Sales Policy does not cover the failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request. It can be covered under warranty if the damaged has been proved caused by the aircraft malfunction fact after data analysis and the aircraft is in warranty. As for Data analysis, the data in the aircraft is necessary, since we are unable to analyze the data of Litchi.  Here is a link of after-sales policy for your reference: http://www.dji.com/service/policy
2017-5-15
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-14 18:14
Yes Wolfgang and from what I read the waypoint missions are the #1 cause of an AC crash
because of pilot error by putting in the wrong altitude in the waypoint settings
I think it's a great app but you have to be sure of your autonomous setup

I would be surprised if waypoint missions were the number one cause but you certainly have to fully understand how this works and double-check everything.
2017-5-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-5-16 13:14
I would be surprised if waypoint missions were the number one cause but you certainly have to fully understand how this works and double-check everything.

Wolfgang , Yes Check and then Double Check --- I did have the Litchi app waypoint mission planer
                 values change on me only one time in the very beginning when I started to use it and what
                 changed was the altitude values --- till this day I don't know why , but it never happen again
    FlySafe-FlyFree

2017-5-16
Use props
CheckYourSix
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-15 03:28
The DJI After-Sales Policy does not cover the failure of, or damage caused by, any third party products, including those that DJI may provide or integrate into the DJI product at your request. It can be covered under warranty if the damaged has been proved caused by the aircraft malfunction fact after data analysis and the aircraft is in warranty. As for Data analysis, the data in the aircraft is necessary, since we are unable to analyze the data of Litchi.  Here is a link of after-sales policy for your reference: http://www.dji.com/service/policy

Hi Mindy,

Thanks for the reply. So what you're saying is that if I do use Litchi and there is an AC malfunction, you need to see the logs. Since you can't read the Litchi logs, even if it was a hardware malfunction "which is covered", I'm screwed.

So what I'm hearing is not to use the Litchi app if I want to be covered under my warranty. Correct?
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules