Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: How do you carry your Mavic
1234Next >
12223 138 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

Nanuk 920
2017-5-24
Use props
Tombolian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 675958 ft
United States

CASEMATIX DRONESAFE Rugged Mini Drone Carry Case Organizer With Customizable Foam – Protect DJI Mavic Pro Foldable Drone Combo and Accessories Such as Remote Control , Extra Batteries , Propellers and More
2017-5-24
Use props
Glideslope
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38655 ft
United States

Nanuk 920.

2017-5-24
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872572 ft
Canada

Just came back from Iceland and flew my Mavic for 6 days straight; all day.  This is my setup that worked perfectly:
1. Fly more bag - perfect size; you don't want anything smaller or larger.
- the belt holder is perfect; I used it so that it was fixed to my right side
- this allowed me to also carry and use my full-sized DSLR

2. I used 2 extra batteries in each pouch and always ensured a full charge in the Mavic
- I have a total of 7 batteries
- this allowed me to always return Mavic when I got to about 30-35% for safety as I normally flew far and high and at times it was very windy, so just in case....
- FYI I discovered that for a FULL DAY of flying at multiple sites, I only even used all 7 in once in one day (normally 5 got used); even at that it would be possible to squeeze that day into 5 batteries; 6 is ideal for MAX heavy use, 7 a luxury/backup/insurance;

3. Since flying/using App drains lots of juice from my phone I inserted a USB battery charger in my FlyMore Bag with a USB cable and charged my controller and/or phone when not in flight
- this ensured that I never missed an opportunity to fly b/c of low battery issues in the RC or phone

Also: When driving, I would use a low battery and the DJI/USB Charger-Adapter (and must have!) to charge the RC controller when in the trunk
2017-5-25
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Frits48 Posted at 2017-5-17 04:28
For easy, casual carry I found a new life for a Domke satchel I had lying around from my Leica days.
Fits perfectly with spare battery, filters and misc other items in the front pockets and my iPad mini in the back pocket.
Could not be made any better if designed specifically for the Mavic.

Nice looking bag!
2017-5-25
Use props
CAAirborne
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1174232 ft
United States

Tim the Toolman Posted at 2017-5-14 19:53
Pretty damn big case!  Almost defeats the purpose of owning a mavic and could've had the big Phantom if you're going to carry that around but it's still a ripping case

I tend to agree: The hard cases protect well, but they appear rather large.  I've been using the Fly More bag with pretty good success.  It fits inside my carry-on luggage easily.

That said... for local work where I don't have to worry about bulk, one of those hard cases would be nice.

Great info from all!
2017-5-25
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-14 07:29
CaseMatix Mavic Pro Hard Case

This is the case I use, nice and compact and can store 4 batteries when not holding the charger
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/pr ... roduct-HL0G2ZM/A-UK
2017-5-25
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-25 10:10
Just came back from Iceland and flew my Mavic for 6 days straight; all day.  This is my setup that worked perfectly:
1. Fly more bag - perfect size; you don't want anything smaller or larger.
- the belt holder is perfect; I used it so that it was fixed to my right side

Wow, sounds really nice.
I bought the Flymore bag some days ago on the DJI shop, and received it with my second battery for my Mavic.
I'll ask you if your Mavic and RC fits well in the bag ? At my first look the bag it's very nice but It seems to be so tight and the radio control sticks remain pressed when I insert it on the right space inside the bag. Can you please upload some pictures  of how to set up all inside this bag, that i like and want to use well with my Mavic and the accesories ?
Thank you in advance
2017-5-26
Use props
大疆必胜
New

Hong Kong

i carry my kit in a small pack bag, with a piece of foam material inside.
2017-5-26
Use props
Flight Raptor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3014675 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the Amazon DSLR bag....love it!

I can COMFORTABLY fit:
* The Mavic Pro (WITH landing arm extenders still attached)
*Remote control (WITH phone still attached in 'ready to go' position)
* 3 Extra Batteries
* ND Filter set
* 2 extra sets of props (In custom cases I got off ebay)
* Charger (if you want)

Amazon DSLR Bag
2017-5-26
Use props
Lobstah Mobstah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1218379 ft
United States

I have that case too as well as this one...https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-soft-case
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-26 01:48
Wow, sounds really nice.
I bought the Flymore bag some days ago on the DJI shop, and received it with my second battery for my Mavic.
I'll ask you if your Mavic and RC fits well in the bag ? At my first look the bag it's very nice but It seems to be so tight and the radio control sticks remain pressed when I insert it on the right space inside the bag. Can you please upload some pictures  of how to set up all inside this bag, that i like and want to use well with my Mavic and the accesories ?

No worries- it is very tight and yes the RC's sticks do press lightly against each side.  For that, just insert the RC at an angle so that the sticks point to the inside edge (better than outside for protection).  I worried about this for a while but after much use it has not been a problem and I think the bag may actually stretch an 1/8 inch in short time making the fit better.

I store the Mavic itself with the gimbal down; always with cover and gimbal holder.  If I am charging my phone, I simply take one of the batteries from the mesh sides and put it inside where the RC is; there's room for both.  I don't think pics are needed.  Try this and you'll soon find it works well.  I keep some spare props in the same mesh as the bats.  The top flap pouch is where I keep extra SD cards (and change out often to avoid running out of space while filming!).  I also keep extra cards for my DSLR camera as well as a lens cleaner for both....

FYI when I travel in the plane I store everything inside of my LowePro backpack which is my carryon; all batteries are inside too.

I at first didn't want the bag but after using it once it was a no-brainer; it's the perfect size (although +1/8" would have been nice for the RC); I don't think I will need/buy one of those stick holders.  Cheers.
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Wow, sounds really nice.

I'd also suggest prepping your bag a bit by shoving some socks/etc in it for a few days to stretch it out; should be perfect for RC after that....
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

Wow, sounds really nice.

I forgot to add.  When I go skiing, I store everything inside a hardened case exactly like the post above.  The case goes into my backpack.  
2017-5-26
Use props
gfab71
Second Officer
Flight distance : 492874 ft
  • >>>
Italy

randy.sauder Posted at 2017-5-26 08:36
No worries- it is very tight and yes the RC's sticks do press lightly against each side.  For that, just insert the RC at an angle so that the sticks point to the inside edge (better than outside for protection).  I worried about this for a while but after much use it has not been a problem and I think the bag may actually stretch an 1/8 inch in short time making the fit better.

I store the Mavic itself with the gimbal down; always with cover and gimbal holder.  If I am charging my phone, I simply take one of the batteries from the mesh sides and put it inside where the RC is; there's room for both.  I don't think pics are needed.  Try this and you'll soon find it works well.  I keep some spare props in the same mesh as the bats.  The top flap pouch is where I keep extra SD cards (and change out often to avoid running out of space while filming!).  I also keep extra cards for my DSLR camera as well as a lens cleaner for both....

Thank you, very useful tips !!!
I use also a LowePro Tahoe 150 backpack and/or LowePro Stealth Bag when i take one (or more) of my DLSR with me, but it's filled with Camera Body, various optics and accessories, so i think that the DJI FlyMore Combo Bag  can be the best to carry the drone and all accesories during photo shoots sessions !!!
Thanks again and have nice flight
2017-5-26
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Bradders Posted at 2017-5-25 23:01
This is the case I use, nice and compact and can store 4 batteries when not holding the charger
https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/product/HL0G2ZM/A/incase-compression-case-for-dji-mavic-pro-drone?afid=p238%7CsL4w7cF5j-dc_mtid_187079nc38483_pcrid_104154899041_&cid=aos-uk-kwgo-pla-btb-slid--product-HL0G2ZM/A-UK

Wow.  I was not aware that Apple even makes a case or sell one for the Mavic.  I just ordered it as well lol.  Thanks.
2017-5-26
Use props
randy.sauder
lvl.4
Canada

gfab71 Posted at 2017-5-26 08:58
Thank you, very useful tips !!!
I use also a LowePro Tahoe 150 backpack and/or LowePro Stealth Bag when i take one (or more) of my DLSR with me, but it's filled with Camera Body, various optics and accessories, so i think that the DJI FlyMore Combo Bag  can be the best to carry the drone and all accesories during photo shoots sessions !!!
Thanks again and have nice flight

You got it and when you loop the bag thru your belt, it is very light and could even use it with shorts.  BTW I was just in Italy last fall....sooooo upset that I didn't have my Mavic then (was on preorder from Sept to Jan    ).   Can't wait to take it to Italy- would be the best place in the world for a Mavic IMO.  I'm off to Greece in July; should be good too
2017-5-26
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Lobstah Mobstah Posted at 2017-5-26 05:51
I have that case too as well as this one...https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-soft-case

Very nice case as well.  Looks secure.
2017-5-26
Use props
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-26 12:23
Wow.  I was not aware that Apple even makes a case or sell one for the Mavic.  I just ordered it as well lol.  Thanks.

No worries, Im sure you'll like the case, its a bit pricey at £50 but its the style of case I like plus nice and compact
2017-5-27
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

In this;

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK8QMMH/
2017-5-27
Use props
Heavydpj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 611027 ft
Bangladesh

This is the one I use.  I like it because it provides "good enough" protection, is light, and low profile in my carry-on bag.  Batteries are carried separately.  I also have a stick lock/brace for the remote.

Mavic Case 2.png
2017-5-28
Use props
mcg Photo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4091 ft
United States

"Other Hardcase" from amazon.  There's a bunch of the same case under different names and sellers on there.  This one is $32.  Holds the mavic, 2 spare batteries, controller, charger and a bunch of stuff in the lid pocket.  Seems good quality so far.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2017-5-28
Use props
Five-O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261355 ft
United States

GPC 511 backpack
2017-5-28
Use props
Five-O
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261355 ft
United States

K4Unl Posted at 2017-5-14 22:44
I bought this "limited" edition GoProfessionalCases backpack: http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/dji-cases/dji-mavic-bp-ltd-1.html
It has quite a lot of options for storing stuff and is super sturdy!

I have the same, very well made.
2017-5-28
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

That is one big bag.
2017-5-29
Use props
Panaceabeachbum
lvl.2
Flight distance : 871430 ft
United States

poll let me vote twice so ...Nanuk 920
2017-5-31
Use props
MacPap
lvl.2
Greece

Camera BackPack
2017-6-1
Use props
shorey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 445630 ft
United Kingdom

Universal case bought from eBay. Mine didn't smell too bad but have seen other peoples have??
2017-6-2
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I voted "Pelican Hard Case", as I have a small one that i keep all my photo gear in, but I also use the "Fly More Combo Bag" anytime I travel by air.  It compacts the Mavic and fits nicely in my backpack for carry-on.  So far, not even a hint of an issue with TSA... except that one girl who got really excited and thought it was the coolest thing ever!  LOL!
2017-6-2
Use props
fans5818f92a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79859 ft
Canada

Have a Loewpro Flipside Sport 15L AW backpack where I can carry my drone, 2 spare battery, my Canon 7DMK2 and some accessories.  Bought the "Fly More" package but the ridiculous tiny shoulder bag you cannot have the 2 spare batteries that come with the kit.
2017-6-2
Use props
fans5818f92a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79859 ft
Canada

Have a Lowepro Flipside Sport 15L AW backpack where I can carry my drone, 2 spare batteryies, my Canon 7DMK2 and some camera accessories.  Bought the "Fly More" package but the ridiculous tiny shoulder bag that comes with it you cannot have the 2 spare batteries that come with the kit.
IMG_5790.jpg
2017-6-2
Use props
Eagle-i-AL
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3572106 ft
Luxembourg

Started off using a molle pack type and switched to a Pelican 1400 for the added protection. Finally graduated to this bag which I bought to travel overseas for less than $30 and have been using it ever since. Fits everything from the fly more combo in addition to my ipad mini 4 and top storage compartment fits my tablet mount, power bank, extra props and a few more random accessories.

USA Gear Bag

USA Gear Bag

2017-6-5
Use props
Ron in Utah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10902 ft
United States

I have the casematix and while it is big, it fits everything, including the phone. If I need to go hiking with the Mavic I will get something smaller. I do have a tablet holder coming and that might not fit (neither will the tablet) but overall it's still pretty nice case. I have a smaller pelican case that might fit the Mavic and remote only but it would need new pick and pluck foam.
2017-6-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Grocery plastic bag
2017-6-11
Use props
GatorWing
lvl.1
United States

I put mine in a Targus camera bag that I had laying around. The Mavic sits on bottom, then a layer of foam on top. The controller with cords & feet extensions on the foam. Bags on side & front hold 3 extra batteries with room for another battery.  It fits in the trunk of my Goldwing motorcycle with room to spare :-)
2017-6-11
Use props
joshcolvey
lvl.1
United States

jamesw Posted at 2017-5-14 13:34
I got the polar pro soft case
https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-mavic-filters-and-accessories/products/dji-mavic-soft-case

How many batteries can you fit at one time in this case?
2017-6-11
Use props
Ma(v/g)ic Pro
lvl.1
Bulgaria

With the cardbord box it came in!
2017-6-11
Use props
Shaun Goodman
New
Netherlands

So getting back to the original question. I've bought a neat shell case set that provides 1 for the drone, another for the controller and three fireproof battery bags. Great if I'm mountain biking as safe in a fall. Other than that, the DJI satchel works fine as it holds everything. If DJI could manufacture the same bag with a hardened shell we'd probably all be very happy. Just to apologise, I skipped to the end after the first political post so sorry if I've missed any in between samples.
2017-6-11
Use props
Capt Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37566 ft

United States

I bought the Lowepro Viewpoint BP 250. It's perfect for me. It has a perfect case for MP, that stores away nicely at the bottom of the backpack. The top half is a reg. backpack, plenty of room. plus it will hold my Mac book pro 2 extra batteries. people have no clue I am carrying a drone. Great for everyday use and traveling as well. Boy with a review like that I should get paid. Enjoy your new Mavic! Link Below
Lowepro Viewpoint BP 250
2017-6-12
Use props
Capt Jack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 37566 ft

United States

Lowepro Viewpoint BP 250
2017-6-12
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced