loose wifi connection when updating mavic using dji assistant 2
4403 9 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse4bbbaaf
New
United Kingdom

When i connect my Mavic to DJI assistant 2 to upgrade the firmware. My Pc will loose the internet connection and im not able to do anything?

what is happening my phone or tablet still have a signal

what is the wifi setting for on Dji assistant 2 at the bottom of the colum on the left

any help grateful

Paul
2017-5-14
Use props
laceyboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 159820 ft
United States

There could be problem with wifi card of your PC. Assistat 2 has nothing to do with wifi settings. If you have access to your wifi router, try to plug your PC to router using a network cable.
2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Use the GO4 app  to update it takes about 15 minutes, 2 birds one stone. Check this post:  http://forum.dji.com/thread-95617-1-1.html
2017-5-14
Use props
fanse4bbbaaf
New
United Kingdom

Cheers I'll try tonight and post back here.
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse4bbbaaf Posted at 2017-5-15 04:13
Cheers I'll try tonight and post back here.

Paul, may I know you upgraded it successfully or not? please keep us posted, thank you.
2017-5-15
Use props
fanse4bbbaaf
New
United Kingdom

Hi
yes it worked thanks. I turned wifi on my pc off and connected pc to router via cable.

thanks for help

paul
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

fanse4bbbaaf Posted at 2017-5-16 06:50
Hi
yes it worked thanks. I turned wifi on my pc off and connected pc to router via cable.

Glad to hear you made it finally!
2017-5-16
Use props
JCP Work
New
United States

The DJI moderator was wrong about Assistant 2 having no effect on WIFI. Mine behaved exactly the same way trying to check and update my P4P's. I can watch my WIFI turn off as I plug in the USB cable. And it comes back up when I disconnect.

It is annoying when organizations do not acknowledge updated apps have bugs. It wastes time and is unprofessional.

2019-8-6
Use props
fans8813d3c8
New

Cyprus

Hello,

I am having same issue,  first time using the Software.  When i connect Mavi Air with USB the Wifi disconnects (and doens't let me reconnect)  So no internet to update firmware.

Wifi works after i disconnect usb again....

any solution?

/J
2020-11-9
Use props
rcschoeni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 88494 ft
United States

It's been a while but I had the same problem.
My laptop lost the 5G connection every time I plugged in the MAVIC.
Finally I was able to solve the problem:

The MAVIC creates a new network connection (LAN) as soon as it is connected to the PC / laptop.
If you disable this network connection in the Windows settings, the Internet connection will be restored and you can work normally in the assistant.
2023-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules