We need option to silence Mavic low battery waning!
7583 21 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pello
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11988 ft
Austria

So you gave us the option to stop the beeping from the controller when it's battery is low, why don't we get the same for the mavic low battery warning? it's really annoying when anybody is next to you and thinks the drone is gonna crash or explode.

2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It has already been explained in length...
2017-5-14
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
Flight distance : 225830 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-14 20:40

Where? I can't find anything about it though I would be the first to admit I'm not the best at forum searches. I also find the low battery warning noise incredibly obnoxious, I really wish that there was some way to just acknowledge it and then turn it off.
2017-5-15
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

aj0125 Posted at 2017-5-15 00:23
Where? I can't find anything about it though I would be the first to admit I'm not the best at forum searches. I also find the low battery warning noise incredibly obnoxious, I really wish that there was some way to just acknowledge it and then turn it off.

Completely agree, I've found plenty of discussions on a couple of forums but the general response is that it's just not possible...which is really annoying!

I've had a couple of flights where flight time was shown as around 21mins and the low battery beep starts at around 7 mins remaining.  It's nice to get that initial warning to draw you attention to the fact, but you should be able to acknowledge/snooze it!  With about a third of the battery left I could get plenty more photos/footage!  So annoying.
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

That feature is included in the latest (.0700) firmware: to silence it you press the power button once.
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-5-15 00:55
Completely agree, I've found plenty of discussions on a couple of forums but the general response is that it's just not possible...which is really annoying!

I've had a couple of flights where flight time was shown as around 21mins and the low battery beep starts at around 7 mins remaining.  It's nice to get that initial warning to draw you attention to the fact, but you should be able to acknowledge/snooze it!  With about a third of the battery left I could get plenty more photos/footage!  So annoying.

I think you and the OP are talking about two different things. He said he wants to "stop the beeping from the controller when it's battery is low", so I believe he's referring to when the controller's battery is low. But based on your comments I think you mean the Mavic's battery, for which you can only choose the threshold below which the beeping occurs but not silence it once it reaches that threshold.
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-14 20:40

Way to go helping the community, guess he's not in your gang so you troll his topic. True colours.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Dexter1759 Posted at 2017-5-15 00:55

On low battery RTH you can cancel RTH and fly it home yourself no beeping, you set the time frame for this so you control it.
On critical battery you also set timeframe I think minimum is 5 minutes but aircraft will not return home but will just land so aircraft is no longer controlled by the pilot so beeping serves as a warning. You can hover by pushing throttle up to find a safe place to land.
So apart from critical battery the pilot is always in control of beeping...
2017-5-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 03:32
On low battery RTH you can cancel RTH and fly it home yourself no beeping, you set the time frame for this so you control it.
On critical battery you also set timeframe I think minimum is 5 minutes but aircraft will not return home but will just land so aircraft is no longer controlled by the pilot so beeping serves as a warning. You can hover by pushing throttle up to find a safe place to land.
So apart from critical battery the pilot is always in control of beeping...

You're definitely right about being able to cancel the low battery-initiated RTH, but are you sure it's possible to silence the low battery beeping? I believe the only thing you can do for the low-battery beeping is to reduce the threshold, and I think the lowest you can set it is 15% and the critically-low battery can go as low as 10%. But once you get below the low-battery threshold I don't know of a way to stop the beeping.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 04:19
You're definitely right about being able to cancel the low battery-initiated RTH, but are you sure it's possible to silence the low battery beeping? I believe the only thing you can do for the low-battery beeping is to reduce the threshold, and I believe the lowest it and the critically-low battery threshold will go is 10%. But once you get below the threshold I don't think there's a way to stop the beeping.

I wasn't to sure what critical battery could be set at, should have referred to the app I know I have it set at 15% . I may also have been presumptuous with low battery but I'm not 100% sure, I only used RTH once since I got my Mavic just to try it out make sure it was working.
When doing my commercial with P4 we had to preform RTH , we were instructed to preform RTH and to hire up warning sound and before landing to take back control this stops warning sound, so this is what i might be thinking, I will try it out when the wind and rain stop.

I'm involved in UAAi ( Irish drone association) in putting together a proposal on behalf of drone flyers here in Ireland to EASA , who are bringing out new rules for flying throughout Europe first draught due sometime in 2017, they will set down the rules for all countries in the EU, which in my opinion will be better for all Europeans dji are also involved , the number 1 thing concerns EASA is safety it's also number 2,3,4,5.
So in order to improve conditions for flying drones throughout Europe safety will be key to getting the best and most practical rules for drone flyers commercial and hobbyists.
Other option is let governments regulate, and we see what happened in Canada and Sweden, and who wants that.
So maybe that's why safety has become a bugbear with me.
2017-5-15
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

If we can not interrupt the beeping-sound, so it would be great to have a volume control. 3 levels would be nice to have. One normal level as it is, one louder and one quieter.
2017-5-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

patman89 Posted at 2017-5-15 04:50
If we can not interrupt the beeping-sound, so it would be great to have a volume control. 3 levels would be nice to have. One normal level as it is, one louder and one quieter.

Hey patman89 your suggestions make good sense.
2017-5-15
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Austria

Hmm to bad,
maybe we can get a volume control or a less frequent beeping like only once every 30 seconds
2017-5-15
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
United States

There needs to be a way to silence (or at least lower) the volume of the initial low battery warning after it is acknowledged. At a certain point an incredibly loud an obnoxious beeping can cause everyone around it enough anxiety as to make flying less safe, not more so.
2017-5-15
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150427 ft
United States

aj0125 Posted at 2017-5-15 19:02
There needs to be a way to silence (or at least lower) the volume of the initial low battery warning after it is acknowledged. At a certain point an incredibly loud an obnoxious beeping can cause everyone around it enough anxiety as to make flying less safe, not more so.

You shouldnt be flying a drone if beeps give you anxiety attacks.

2017-5-16
Use props
aj0125
lvl.1
United States

Not me, those around us when we fly thinking there is something severely wrong with our drones...
2017-5-16
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Evaunit01berser Posted at 2017-5-16 01:00
You shouldnt be flying a drone if beeps give you anxiety attacks.

Even on commercial aircrafts you've got a Master Caution that will beep unless the pilot press the button to acknowledge the situation. A constant beeping does not help at all once you've already acknowledge that something is going on.
2017-5-16
Use props
Evaunit01berser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 150427 ft
United States

CuaC Posted at 2017-5-16 23:24
Even on commercial aircrafts you've got a Master Caution that will beep unless the pilot press the button to acknowledge the situation. A constant beeping does not help at all once you've already acknowledge that something is going on.

Its to make sure you are reminded and you don't forget the fact that your battery is very low and you should get your drone back on the ground. Rather then, ermgwed I can get 5 more minutes of footage kekekekek! OMG DJI WHY DID MY DRONE GO DOWN IN THE OCEAN, IT JUST AUTO LANDED WRRRRRRYYYY
2017-5-17
Use props
Pello
lvl.2
Austria

Evaunit01berser Posted at 2017-5-17 16:33
Its to make sure you are reminded and you don't forget the fact that your battery is very low and you should get your drone back on the ground. Rather then, ermgwed I can get 5 more minutes of footage kekekekek! OMG DJI WHY DID MY DRONE GO DOWN IN THE OCEAN, IT JUST AUTO LANDED WRRRRRRYYYY

Did no help in my case last week... i did not keep track of the batterie and after a while of beeping you really don't listen that much to it anymore and so i handcatched my mavic wiht 4% batterie left
2017-5-21
Use props
Dronaldo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-15 04:46
I wasn't to sure what critical battery could be set at, should have referred to the app I know I have it set at 15% . I may also have been presumptuous with low battery but I'm not 100% sure, I only used RTH once since I got my Mavic just to try it out make sure it was working.
When doing my commercial with P4 we had to preform RTH , we were instructed to preform RTH and to hire up warning sound and before landing to take back control this stops warning sound, so this is what i might be thinking, I will try it out when the wind and rain stop.

Solution is very simple.  10 bucks alarm clocks has an option to mute it.  it is amazing how some people is stuck saying the beep is required for safety.    Actually the continuos beeping distracts more than anything else.

DJI definitely needs to improve that thing as soon as possible
2017-5-22
Use props
fans0b5daae5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567234 ft
United States

Received my MPP a couple weeks ago and have been enjoying it thoroughly!

I have a question regarding the alarm that emits from the controller when the Mavics battery starts to get low. From what I have been reading if I press the power button once it will silence this alarm, correct?

My big question is why does it have this alarm? Correct me if I am wrong but once the Mavic/Controller senses the battery is at the lowest point where it can return safety is does automatically, correct?
2017-11-28
Use props
Jumbo333
lvl.2
Flight distance : 797930 ft
France

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-15 02:40
That feature is included in the latest (.0700) firmware: to silence it you press the power button once.

Right ?
I will test it !
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules