Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
X5 trigger interval
1494 1 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansceff17c6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1834360 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

Hello,

shurely it has been asked here before, but I will do it again because a lot of people in the mapping industry struggle with it.

Why is the X5 trigger interval set to 5 seconds ??

For mapping, the X5 would be a nice camera, allowing longer flight times due to light weight. But with that kind of huge triggering interval it is allmost useless. A lot, if not all, mapping capture apps do have the X5 as one of the predefined cameras, but you can actually use them only for mapping small areas - due to the long interval between triggers. Big interval - slow flight speed.

I strongly belive that it is a software limitation, so I think that the limit could easily be set to 2 sec in some FW update.

Lot of people bought the X5 and DJI did drop the developement of this camera much too quick.
2017-5-14
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Perhaps it is a limitation of the image processing and storage speed. Ie the time it takes to capture, process and then save the data per image.  Even though it may have a burst mode of 7fps it then has to stop and process them and the minimum time interval for continuous time lapse shots is 5 secs for that camera. The mapping software be it GS Pro or something else cannot make the camera go any faster than is minimum time lapse rate.
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules