Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Best ND Filter for DJI 15mm f1.7
2726 4 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeriallive
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4054803 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have searched for the best ND filters for the DJI 15mm f1.7 lens but there are many brands and all have a different effect on the image. Some turn the image towards orange where others towards blue. Personally I don't like the orange look and ofcourse we all want a filter that give the littlest amound of colorshift.

Soo, what is your experience? Which filter gives the clearest and cleanest results? With IR reduction or without?

2017-5-15
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Best ND out there now seems to be the Breatkthrough ND Filters.

They just came out with the smaller 46mm diameter one to fit the DJI lens and I bought the 3 stop and 6 stop ND X4 both.  Not cheap though, but nicely made and packaged with cleaning cloth and serial numbered.

Aside, you can see the reflected coating color between the 3 stop and 6 stop at an oblique angle so they are not coated the same between the densities.
2017-5-15
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-5-15 06:07
Best ND out there now seems to be the Breatkthrough ND Filters.

They just came out with the smaller 46mm diameter one to fit the DJI lens and I bought the 3 stop and 6 stop ND X4 both.  Not cheap though, but nicely made and packaged with cleaning cloth and serial numbered.

They look good. What is the weight?
2017-5-15
Use props
Aeriallive
lvl.3
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have just ordered a Formatt Hitech Firecrest IRND 1.5 . This ND filter suppose to have a more neutral / blue color instead of the common orange color shift. I hope to be able to post some test samples soon.

@ fansa84fe8a4, Have you got any samples of  the Breatkthrough ND Filters?
2017-5-16
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Aeriallive Posted at 2017-5-15 23:59
They look good. What is the weight?

They are thin filters for less vignetting as with a thicker filter, and the mount is brass and not aluminum.  They claim to use a laser to burn through the coating on the brass to engrave the serial and labeling.  Weight is 14.4 grams per filter.  The aluminum 37 to 46mm step-up ring would add 3.3 grams (Total = 17.7 grams) as would be used on the 45mm Olympus lens.

No photos or movies taken with them yet (No X5S camera yet.).  I plan them for something a bit different so I may need the 9-stops combined ND and it was the closest I could get to without resorting to the dual-polarizer setup that leaves the awful "X" signature at times and their wide-angle coverage and vignetting issues.  The two filters will give me some leeway over one 10-stop ND.

DSC_0355_01F.jpg
2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules