Firmware issues
1541 11 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bambam70
New

United States

Hello all,
I've been trying unsuccessfully for a couple of days to update the firmware on my P3P, I dowload the zip file and try to extract the contents and it says it doesn't exist(on my Mac). I then went to my dad's house to use his PC, since I thought there was an issue with the software not being compatible, however, the PC told me that the file was not decoded correctly or uploaded correctly, and this is directly downloaded from DJI. Now that I've tried 2 different platforms and get the same results, I'm completely lost. I've been looking at videos and reading forums nonstop, yet I can't get this. I know I'm new to DJI, but I'm not new to my computer, since so many other people have had similar issues, I don't feel like a complete idiot, but would still like this resolved. Thanks for any help I can get in advance guys.
2017-5-15
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just downloaded Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.10.90 from this link to test and the bin file uncompressed correctly -> Click this link to download the ZIP file.

Try downloading the ZIP file again to ensure your copy isn't corrupted and try uncompressing again...
2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-5-15 06:09
I just downloaded Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.10.90 from this link to test and the bin file uncompressed correctly -> Click this link to download the ZIP file.

Try downloading the ZIP file again to ensure your copy isn't corrupted and try uncompressing again...

Still no luck!!! Running El  CAP 10.11.6 on my iMAC. I have downloaded 5 different unarchivers and tried using them all, but still it won't completely unzip. I can get one file and then I open that one and it's just a copy of the first one and the cycle continues, no matter how many times I open it.
2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

That's a copy of the file and what I keep getting and that's from the one you sent me in the dropbox. I'm ready to take a 2x4 and toss it up and give it a good swing......

2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

Don't think it went through.
2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

I may have gotten lucky, just connect the drone to the computer and the red indicator light is blinking, although the beeping is not doing like the youtube videos indicate. It's just a slow D........D..........D not the D....DDD that was shown on the video. So I'm wondering if there's another issue
2017-5-15
Use props
Daroga
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

bambam70 Posted at 2017-5-15 07:07
I may have gotten lucky, just connect the drone to the computer and the red indicator light is blinking, although the beeping is not doing like the youtube videos indicate. It's just a slow D........D..........D not the D....DDD that was shown on the video. So I'm wondering if there's another issue

That scares me

The bin should be copied to a freshly formatted SD Card and placed into the camera.

Take a quick look at this for reference -> How to upgrade the P3 - pay attention to the P3 icons as this is a general guide for several aircraft models...
2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

Daroga Posted at 2017-5-15 07:10
That scares me

The bin should be copied to a freshly formatted SD Card and placed into the camera.

Dude, thanks so much, just finished a test few test flights and everything is functional!!!!
2017-5-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

bambam70 Posted at 2017-5-15 08:23
Dude, thanks so much, just finished a test few test flights and everything is functional!!!!

Good to hear everything got sorted.
2017-5-15
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

Just got back from Tennessee, since my last issue, my wife had to have a bone marrow transplant. I am trying to update the firmware and I'm having the same issue again, can you help me again?
Thanks again!!!
2017-9-7
Use props
bambam70
New

United States

Can't open the dam bin file on my mac
2017-9-7
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

bambam70 Posted at 2017-9-7 12:02
Can't open the dam bin file on my mac

There is no need to open the bin file. Try to format the SD card, then copy the bin file to the root directory of the SD card, insert the SD card into the drone.  
2017-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules