Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NVidia Shield K1 Problems
1291 7 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

Im sure its been posted but the search feature let me down.

Ive got a Shield K1 running nougat, and have been unable to far to get connected.

I have tried 2 seperate cables (one being the cable the shield came with, another being an unknown usb-usbMicro) and I haven't been able yet to get connected to the app.

Any suggestions guys? I feel like it's cable issues, has anyone bought a cheapie off Amazon that worked?
2017-5-15
Use props
Cirrusly
New
United States

Have you unplugged the regular cable from the side of the controller? The bottom USB connection won't work if the other cable is plugged in.
2017-5-15
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Found this on downgrading the shield http://bit.ly/2riq2k7
2017-5-15
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
United States

Cirrusly Posted at 2017-5-15 08:25
Have you unplugged the regular cable from the side of the controller? The bottom USB connection won't work if the other cable is plugged in.

Yes, I did have the side-mounted cable completely disconnected.
2017-5-15
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-15 08:32
Found this on downgrading the shield http://bit.ly/2riq2k7

Just viewed your link and thanks because if I can't get it to work on Nougat I'll give that a try, but I usually see Nougat problems being App-Crash issues, mine is simply not even connecting so I think there's something else at play here.
2017-5-15
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

DrEMHmrk2 Posted at 2017-5-15 08:45
Just viewed your link and thanks because if I can't get it to work on Nougat I'll give that a try, but I usually see Nougat problems being App-Crash issues, mine is simply not even connecting so I think there's something else at play here.

Oh, yeah I don't own one. Just remember a lot of people having issues with nougat on the forum. Think Ken owns a shield.
2017-5-15
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-15 08:49
Oh, yeah I don't own one. Just remember a lot of people having issues with nougat on the forum. Think Ken owns a shield.

I appreciate the input anyways! Paging Ken, ken you have a call on the white phone.
2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

DrEMHmrk2 Posted at 2017-5-15 12:36
I appreciate the input anyways! Paging Ken, ken you have a call on the white phone.

DrEMHmrk2 , Try Checking the Shield USB settings in settings and change it to data instead of charging
                    or you can set the Shield in Developer Mode -- in Developer mode I set USB debugging to
                    enable , ever time I plug in the USB to use with an app it asks me if I want to make that
                    app the default to open ,I click on "open just once" because I use other apps that are USB
                    dependent if your always going to use the GO4 app then click on "always" in the popup
                    option --- You will have another bigger problem because you are using Android 7 nougat
                    it will do nothing but Crash the GO4 app -- Downgrade to android 6.0.1 it is totally Stable
                    with all GO4 apps .
PS, You Don't Have to Root Your Shield to put it in Developer Mode !!!
Hope this helped
FlySafe-FlyFree   
2017-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules