Poll: PolarPro Vivid w/ PL VS. Shutter Pack?
20772 57 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bradders
lvl.4
Flight distance : 862283 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_imeg8BY Posted at 2017-11-4 07:22
Are these like Amazon affiliate links being used by people, not to get answers to questions, but to get a percentage of whatever people buy from Amazon over the next few day?  You don't have to buy the linked product for them to get a %, you just have to buy something.

Yes they are affiliate links, but Amazon cracked down on it and because I do not own this website they never payed me anything and now all links are invalid and I am banned from amazon affiliate... thats why I don't post them any more, I didn't think I was doing anything wrong but amazon says I was :/
2017-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13978875 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Clare_G101 Posted at 2017-6-9 01:38
Not sure if you bought them yet or not, but take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51eXkzLKK8
If you don't have time to watch it, then bascially he is saying how the shutter pack you are able to cut down your shutter to always make it double your frame rate (hope I am saying that in the right order) and no pre-flight preparation is needed, no need to check to make sure the filters are in the right orientation, but with the vivid collection, it polarizes your picture, taking out the glare on photos, but it is more time consuming for us flyers who like to be able to just take our mavic out, look at the sun, slap a filter on unless you keep them on from each flight (like I do), take off, and go.

I've seen this on YT before - probably the best vid on this very subject.
2018-1-6
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-6 15:52
I've seen this on YT before - probably the best vid on this very subject.

Yah this is a great video!
Happy to answer any specific questions anyone has!

-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PolarPro Posted at 2018-1-11 14:53
Yah this is a great video!
Happy to answer any specific questions anyone has!

No need as I've used the six pack for months but thank you.
2018-1-11
Use props
Brian88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 385942 ft
United States

The Polarizers with ND are valuable if you know how to use them. Getting the right effect can be tricky with the mavic because you can't rotate the filter after you've placed it on the lens. You have to hold the filter up to your eye, rotate to find the desired effect then place it on the lens in exactly that orientation.  Can be tricky, but many doable. If you are new to filters and are just looking to meet the 180 rule (Shutter speed double the frame rate 24fps =1/150th ss) the ND filters will be more than sufficient.
2018-1-11
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Brian88 Posted at 2018-1-11 15:22
The Polarizers with ND are valuable if you know how to use them. Getting the right effect can be tricky with the mavic because you can't rotate the filter after you've placed it on the lens. You have to hold the filter up to your eye, rotate to find the desired effect then place it on the lens in exactly that orientation.  Can be tricky, but many doable. If you are new to filters and are just looking to meet the 180 rule (Shutter speed double the frame rate 24fps =1/150th ss) the ND filters will be more than sufficient.

Thats good advice. I only use the vivid ND/PL when flying over reflective surfaces in almost straight lines. The shutter collection are the best all round ones with the Vivid as a kind of luxury addition - which is what the guy in the vid was saying too and I totally agree with him.
2018-1-11
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-5-29 00:22
I go with the Vivid PL filters. If you hold the filter in front of your eye and turn it you can se the effect changing. Once your'e satisfied you put it on the camera in that position. This vid uses the Nd16/PL https://vimeo.com/219190261

Amazing video. The music fits perfect! I just picked up the vivid pack myself.
2018-1-24
Use props
Chasing Light & Shadows
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221476 ft
United Kingdom

I really like the video and the location but for me the shadows are too dark and the details are lost, just trying to help with some constructive criticism.
edit: this was with reference to to Lighthouse video.
2018-2-5
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14416358 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

ND 4 is more useful for "golden hour" shooting than ND32 for those desert shots. And you definitely need polarized filters when doing water and rooftops. Easy choice
2018-2-14
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Clare_G101 Posted at 2017-6-9 01:38
Not sure if you bought them yet or not, but take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L51eXkzLKK8
If you don't have time to watch it, then bascially he is saying how the shutter pack you are able to cut down your shutter to always make it double your frame rate (hope I am saying that in the right order) and no pre-flight preparation is needed, no need to check to make sure the filters are in the right orientation, but with the vivid collection, it polarizes your picture, taking out the glare on photos, but it is more time consuming for us flyers who like to be able to just take our mavic out, look at the sun, slap a filter on unless you keep them on from each flight (like I do), take off, and go.

Very interesting video!
2018-3-8
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

I live in Nevada and find that the ND32 is my best one to use that almost always gives me that shutter double the fps with a almost perfect exposure.  The ND16 was not enough filter for me and found I was still having to shoot in 1/120 shutter speed with 30fps.  So just saying for those that think the ND32 is overkill for some of us it is not.  
2018-3-31
Use props
PolarPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 315682 ft
  • >>>

SparksBird Posted at 2018-3-31 06:38
I live in Nevada and find that the ND32 is my best one to use that almost always gives me that shutter double the fps with a almost perfect exposure.  The ND16 was not enough filter for me and found I was still having to shoot in 1/120 shutter speed with 30fps.  So just saying for those that think the ND32 is overkill for some of us it is not.

Occasionally we have to go to an ND64 on the snow too
-Jeff from PolarPro
2018-4-19
Use props
Fireplug
lvl.1

United States

Swedrone Posted at 2017-5-29 00:22
I go with the Vivid PL filters. If you hold the filter in front of your eye and turn it you can se the effect changing. Once your'e satisfied you put it on the camera in that position. This vid uses the Nd16/PL https://vimeo.com/219190261

Very nice video, what island was that?
2018-5-6
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14416358 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Fireplug Posted at 2018-5-6 11:27
Very nice video, what island was that?

Thank´s! It´s a peninsula in Sweden
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kullen_Lighthouse
2018-5-7
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

PolarPro Posted at 2018-4-19 04:43
Occasionally we have to go to an ND64 on the snow too
-Jeff from PolarPro

Really considering getting your ND1000 that you have now to get those nice long exposure shots.  Watched your video, well done.  
2018-6-7
Use props
eYeSkYeYe
First Officer

Croatia

Shutter series all day, all night long. Life it too short for adjusting polarizers.
2019-2-6
Use props
Dioden
lvl.4
Sweden

jamesw Posted at 2017-5-16 03:36
One concern I have with the Vivid pack is the (PL) Polarizer. The polarizer has to be adjusted and set before takeoff and it seems like you sbould stick to one camera angle to get the best results.  

Does anyone know if you always have to reset the polarizer ring For each angle and shot? Or does it have some leeway where you can get away multiple angles?

Exactly my point, I would like to have a ND8 with MCUV in the same filter, can’t find any, separately it exists, does not help me. ..
2020-2-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules