Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI goggles+ps4=?
12Next >
22634 46 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1372d533
lvl.1
Flight distance : 277159 ft
United States

I am woundering that are the DJI goggles able to connect to ps4, because it's not cheap for a DJI only goggles, any idea?
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

They have a HDMI input, so yes it will work with the PS4 as a viewing screen only. But you'll lose a lot of the features you'd get from the Sony headset.
Sometimes play COD with my fatshark goggles
2017-5-15
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes you will with HDMI INPUT, and they are above all goggles on the market for the MP and P4 seires. I have the FATSHARK and man I was dissapointed after paying $499.00 for them. Little bit extra money ($99 for the HDMI INPIT+449=$549.00) but at least you will get a goggle that was built from the gorund up specifically for the P4 series.
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

dronist Posted at 2017-5-15 15:48
Yes you will with HDMI INPUT, and they are above all goggles on the market for the MP and P4 seires. I have the FATSHARK and man I was dissapointed after paying $425.00. Little bit more mponey but at least they are built for the P4 series.

He's not talking about the P4, he's talking about the PS4 - Play Station 4. Fatsharks are really for fpv and excel in that area, if you're not worried about hdmi lag then why go with goggles optimised for low quality low latency. Wrong tool for the job, not an issue with the tool.

If you'd turned up at a FPV race meet with a pair of DJI goggles you'd be just as disappointed
2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-5-15 15:48
Yes you will with HDMI INPUT, and they are above all goggles on the market for the MP and P4 seires. I have the FATSHARK and man I was dissapointed after paying $499.00 for them. Little bit extra money ($99 for the HDMI INPIT+449=$549.00) but at least you will get a goggle that was built from the gorund up specifically for the P4 series.

"You Know Who" is starting "You Know What" again ????????
{:4_173:}
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 16:12
"You Know Who" is starting "You Know What" again ????????

Just explaining why fatsharks are the wrong choice with a dji drone, passing on the knowledge. Is there a problem with people participating in the forum? Should I ask your permission?

Fool
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 17:00
He's not talking about the P4, he's talking about the PS4 - Play Station 4 Yes you can hookup fatSharks to the PS4 !!!!!!!
They do Sux using them for FPV on a DJI drone !!
Matt you did not participate and address the op's question -- You just posted to correct someone you have a problem with !!

I'd already answered the Ops question above. Read the topic fool.

Looks like your boyfriend has left us, hopefully they'll get round to you soon.
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 17:11
I'd already answered the Ops question above. Read the topic fool.

Looks like your boyfriend has left us, hopefully they'll get round to you soon.

You have no clue what your talking about as far as devices and applications are concerned
it EZ to give round about answers to direct question, you didn't say yes you can or no you can't
you just posted to post and tried to make another member look like he doesn't know what he's
talking about meanwhile you post and go on about DJI goggles HDMI lag and high latency ,Your sentence in your post really makes sense it must be your own language Wrong tool for the job, not an issue with the tool  
You did not answer his question , What I'm doing is Correcting You like you Jumped At corrected someone else, You answered The Op's question, if the DJI goggles are able to connect to a PS4 console -- You only
stated "Yes as a viewing screen only" -- Which is wrong , The Head Tracking will work, they may even have more options then the Sony
Continuing to call people Fools and Boyfriends hoping that they get ban only shows what poor Intelligence you have along with no sense of Humor --- Have a Nice day     

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-15 18:06
I checked your posts, and you have a few.

Do you mind me asking, if you don't have MAVIC why are you posting and giving advice in the Mavic FORUM?

I don't mind you asking. I bought my nephew a mavic for xmas, I help him with it a lot and know a little about them. We fly together quite often, I have a Phantom3 just incase you were wondering.

I wasn't aware there was ownership criteria before posting, by the look of your user profile you don't own anything.

And actually the topic was about the DJI goggles and PS4, nothing to do with the Mavic, but there isn't a DJI Goggles forum so the OP put it here I guess. And before you ask, no I don't own the DJI Goggles but I have spent sometime playing with a demo set.

Oh well, are you here to participate in the forum or just troll it?
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 18:20
You have no clue what your talking about as far as devices and applications are concerned
it EZ to give round about answers to direct question, you didn't say yes you can or no you can't
you just posted to post and tried to make another member look like he doesn't know what he's

He didn't know what he was talking about, he thought the topic was about connecting the goggles to a P4. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

You didn't answer the Ops question, you tried to coerce your 'friend' into another trolling session in someone elses topic, ranted at me and now 3rd time lucky you've made an attempt at an answer.

However, I think you are wrong about the head tracking and it certainly can't provide any additional features that sony hasn't programmed into it's own headset. sony really don't like 3rd peripherals being used.
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-15 18:48
I do apologize if I ruffled some of your feathers here.

By the way, you didn't have to be so confrontational and name calling and accusing people of trolling.

I don't see anything respectful about your behaviour. Do you ask everyone to justify why they are here or why they post in a certain forum. It's damn right disrespectful, mind your own business if you don't want a blunt reply.

If you have nothing to add to the topic may I ask what you are doing here if it's not trolling.
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-15 19:32
Actually, yes, you may ask and I will respectfully answer your question even though you replied to me
"I wasn't aware there was ownership criteria before posting..."

Lol, nice try, but someones topic really isn't the place for a long winded debate about you. You know where the other topic is if you must carry on.
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
Bent Kangawalla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 18:50
I don't see anything respectful about your behaviour. Do you ask everyone to justify why they are here or why they post in a certain forum. It's damn right disrespectful, mind your own business if you don't want a blunt reply.

If you have nothing to add to the topic may I ask what you are doing here if it's not trolling.

Hey Matt, good responses and attitude i must say.
I came into this thread looking for some Goggles info and had quite a chuckle.
There are some members here that are quite phony and i think you pointed some of that out.
My question on top of the OPs question, to someone like yourself that seems to know a bit about these goggles is as follows.
Can the DJI goggles be used for VR gaming (PC) or just as extra screen for viewing movies etc?
Im just entering FPV scene with X210 racer and also suspect these goggles be useless there too?
So basically these goggles are pretty restricted to DJI products, so should i consider other similar priced goggles for better all round use such as the FatShark models ?
Cheers man
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-15 19:43
Is there any other place? Or do you suggest I contact the Admin?

Please let me know, as I said, I am new to this forum.

If you feel that you need to contact an Admin then feel free, hopefully they'll clean the rubbish out of this topic.

You remind me of someone, must be the way you abbreviate certain things, it was quite a unique trait... lol
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bent Kangawalla Posted at 2017-5-15 19:46
Hey Matt, good responses and attitude i must say.
I came into this thread looking for some Goggles info and had quite a chuckle.
There are some members here that are quite phony and i think you pointed some of that out.

That's in dispute really. I would say possibly but companies today don't seem to like to share and it's possible they'd be screen only for anything but the dji range.  From what I saw of them it was HDMI in from anything, but no features unless it was DJI. So you could play a PC game but no head tracking. But I may be wrong

DJI no good for FPV, and fatsharks a bit dodgy for drones. Personally I would go fatsharks get into the fpv with some nice goggles for that. Drones, you can use a phone in a cardboard box

I'm just moving from a tiny whoop to a 90mm brushless, acro fun

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansf250a652 Posted at 2017-5-15 19:32
Actually, yes, you may ask and I will respectfully answer your question even though you replied to me
"I wasn't aware there was ownership criteria before posting..."

You know what, I'm willing to call it - you blew it saying you're a noob waiting for your mavic and in other topics you're spouting about flying last week. Your little MP for mavic pro is so clear, no noob calls it that.

Come on dronist, out with you.

And if I'm wrong, I've just p1ssed off a random stranger - lol
2017-5-15
Use props
fansf250a652
Banned

United States

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-5-15
Use props
Bent Kangawalla
lvl.4
Australia

lol

Thanks for your reply Matt, makes sense to me.
FS or fridge stuck on head?  hehe  i think its been answered.
Acro on 90mm will be fun, with FPV?
2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bent Kangawalla Posted at 2017-5-15 22:43
lol

Thanks for your reply Matt, makes sense to me.

Think the nutters have gone .... also forget to mention a DVR, don't think you can record anything from the DJI goggles, FS doms have the built in DVR so you can at least get some tiny whoop footage.

All FPV, can't do that line of sight stuff, fries my brain

Whoop on

2017-5-16
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Australia

Aww man that looks so cool!

Yes DVR is almost a necessity in this technological age.
The sony look like they copied the DJI goggles hehe
I wonder do they have any advantages over the ones discussed here for FPV.

I am struggling with LOS and the X210, maybe i should decide on what goggles and and order some FPV stuff for the quad. Way too powerful for my skill level, considering the mavic is my 1st fly. Just couldnt resist building a X210 but had no idea how to fly it, now this i concocted in order to make me learn, the reward at the end of a long steep learning curve with much inbuilt expense lol
The Mavic open many doors to the drone world, get ready for the wooosh!
2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-16 01:24
Aww man that looks so cool!

Yes DVR is almost a necessity in this technological age.

I think all the entertainment goggles will have lag issues in FPV, but I'm not 100% sure it would effect anyone except the top racers. When the goggles convert the fpv signal it takes time so your goggles will be behind the actual footage. Talking 100-200ms.

I did the same as you, got a Wizard x220 thinking I was clever, a weekend of breaking props, chopping up batteries and I put it in the cupboard and bought something a little safer. Working my way up, crashed the tiny whoop 1000's of times. Found the simulator handy as well, rainy day on that taught me a lot.

Stick with it, well worth the work
2017-5-16
Use props
rydfree41
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153268 ft
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-15 17:00
He's not talking about the P4, he's talking about the PS4 - Play Station 4 Yes you can hookup fatSharks to the PS4 !!!!!!!
They do Sux using them for FPV on a DJI drone !!
Matt you did not participate and address the op's question -- You just posted to correct someone you have a problem with !!

"WTF do you know , your opinion about If you'd turned up at a FPV race meet with a pair of DJI goggles you'd be just as disappointed
is so far off base it's not funny -- If you showed up with a pair of FatSharks to a race , I would laugh you off the course ,There are way better goggles out there !!"

Whaaaat ? Now I'm confused .
2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

rydfree41 Posted at 2017-5-16 03:56
"WTF do you know , your opinion about If you'd turned up at a FPV race meet with a pair of DJI goggles you'd be just as disappointed
is so far off base it's not funny -- If you showed up with a pair of FatSharks to a race , I would laugh you off the course ,There are way better goggles out there !!"

Don't bring him back, it's been quite nice around here.

Picture says a 1000 words - Luke Bannister winner of the World Drone Prix 2016

What a noob for turning up with fatsharks, walked away with $250,000 in his pocket

2017-5-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

2017-5-16
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

United States

2017-5-16
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

United States

2017-5-16
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

United States

2017-5-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-16 05:09
Don't bring him back, it's been quite nice around here.

Picture says a 1000 words - Luke Bannister winner of the World Drone Prix 2016

Your right a picture does say 1000 words , so does posting nonsense
Can you post another picture of this fellow
He looks cross eyed in this one , maybe from using the FS ?????
FYI Walkera goggles blow FS away , I guess you don't know about or heard about them ???
2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
United Kingdom

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-16 09:13
Your right a picture does say 1000 words , so does posting nonsense
Can you post another picture of this fellow
He looks cross eyed in this one , maybe from using the FS ?????

I didn't like the Walkera goggles, the fit wasn't right for me, gave me a bit of motion sickness. It's just your opinion they are the best. Different googles, different people.

But obviously you know so much more than anyone else here. Go make some dumb tutorial about things you don't understand. You'll feel the pressure of gravity at work - roflmao
2017-5-16
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4