A Day at the Polish Aviation Museum
12Next >
5612 41 2017-5-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ather
lvl.1
France

During a recent visit to Krakow, Poland (http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/indexen.php) I was fortunate enough to get permission to fly my Mavic and shoot some footage at the Polish Aviation Musuem. I love the weathered look of these aging warplanes. This is an awesome place to spend a day if you are interested in cold war era jets.

This video was editing using Davinci Resolve 14 with minor color corrections. Hope you enjoy and appreciate your comments/feedback.

2017-5-16
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

great location, very envious. Nice shots, my only suggestion would be a few more hovering / static shots to break up the movement a little, let me focus into some of the detail.
2017-5-16
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks for the feedback!
2017-5-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very cool, some really interesting military aircraft.
2017-5-16
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-16
Use props
lignow
lvl.4
Canada

Nice video. Back in those days they could not even dream of the mavic.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Ather , I watched your video yesterday it was really cool

2017-5-17
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
France

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-17 02:16
Ather , I watched your video yesterday it was really cool

Thanks!

It was a challenging day, high wind, changing light and the gimbal kept giving me hassles. But immensely fun.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Ather Posted at 2017-5-17 06:00
Thanks!

It was a challenging day, high wind, changing light and the gimbal kept giving me hassles. But immensely fun.

I really like it , the subject of the video ( JET PLANES ) is fascinating
2017-5-17
Use props
81SFORLIFE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 313281 ft
United States

Great video!
2017-5-17
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8477969 ft
United States

Nice video.  How did you go about getting permission to fly there?
2017-5-18
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
Germany

Very nice video and flying.
2017-5-18
Use props
Boenaparte
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1089393 ft
Hong Kong

great video, love those old planes ideed.
2017-5-18
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
France

MTUFLYER28 Posted at 2017-5-18 20:04
Nice video.  How did you go about getting permission to fly there?

Thanks!

I requested it directly at the museum and was not permitted to fly higher than 10m.
2017-5-19
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
France

Ather Posted at 2017-5-19 00:26
Thanks!

I requested it directly at the museum and was not permitted to fly higher than 10m.

... Also I arrived early at opening time, explained that it was non-commercial video, showed some examples of other work I have done and had to take considerable care not to fly near other visitors to the museum.
2017-5-19
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing your editor -- what settings were you using on the Mavic?
2017-5-19
Use props
EdM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lots of aviation history right there.   Great video, makes me want to visit the place.   
2017-5-19
Use props
Sniper+
lvl.1
Belgium

Very cool! I love those Mig-21s!
2017-5-19
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 8351585 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks for sharing, I was surprised at the number of western aircraft in the museum.  It's also amazing where people will let you fly if you just ask first.  I was able to fly inside a hanger full of vintage aircraft by just asking.  Here is a link to my video.

2017-5-19
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
United States

Ather Posted at 2017-5-19 00:26
Thanks!

That's great they were willing to let you do it.  Did they explain the 10m limit?  I was thinking the only thing that your video was missing was a higher view of everything but makes sense if they asked you to stay below 10m
2017-5-19
Use props
MTUFLYER28
lvl.4
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-5-19 15:02
Thanks for sharing, I was surprised at the number of western aircraft in the museum.  It's also amazing where people will let you fly if you just ask first.  I was able to fly inside a hanger full of vintage aircraft by just asking.  Here is a link to my video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9tLakUB8Kg

That's awesome.  I don't think I would have had the nerve to fly so close to some of those aircraft...  impressed they let you fly.
2017-5-19
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Heading here in a fortnight! What's Poland general rules like on the use of drones?

Will definitely look at going to some of the museums etc. Schindlers factory,  Salt mine and obviously Auschwitz.
2017-5-19
Use props
ammie12
New

France

Gorgeous movie, I still can't believe they let you with the Mavic.
2017-5-19
Use props
Homer Simpson
lvl.4

Canada

Great video, I was also surprised to other countries planes there too.  Cool.
2017-5-20
Use props
fans0719612f
New

Switzerland

amazing shots...!!
2017-5-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting material, thanks for sharing.
2017-5-21
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great job on the video. great looking museum. Thanks for sharing.
2017-5-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work showing these aircraft. Glad you were able to get permission to fly around these old machines, very cool.

Thanks for sharing
Rich
2017-5-21
Use props
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

Very cool and interesting. Well taken.  Thanks for sharing.
2017-5-21
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
United States

ShadyDealer Posted at 2017-5-19 15:52
Heading here in a fortnight! What's Poland general rules like on the use of drones?

Will definitely look at going to some of the museums etc. Schindlers factory,  Salt mine and obviously Auschwitz.

Hope you have a great trip! As always check out the local regulations/rules and respect other people in the vicinity. There is a Poland specific app called Drone Radar that provides very detailed information on restricted airspace.
2017-5-22
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
United States

Wow! Thanks for sharing your video

I am not brave enough to fly indoors around vintage planes
2017-5-22
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
France

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-5-19 05:26
Thanks for sharing your editor -- what settings were you using on the Mavic?

Thanks! I cannot recall all the settings. I shot the video in 2.7K@24fps (shutter speed around 50/60). I reduced sharpness, contrast and saturation each to -1 and WB was set to Cloudy.

I have also reduced the sensitivity of the controls slightly to allow for smoother movements (although I think I still need a lot more practice to get really smooth footage).

Da Vinci Resolve 14 is brilliant, a very powerful video editor with a lot of features and it's FREE (so long as you don't output 4K). I had been trying out Premiere Pro and Pinnacle Studio and I think I will stick to Da Vinci for now.
2017-5-22
Use props
Space Drone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53862 ft
United States

This video is awesome!!!!!! It combines some of my favorite things drones and planes. Next time start at one plane and then go up so you see all the planes coming into view. Great video safe flying!
2017-5-23
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
United States

Space Drone Posted at 2017-5-23 16:30
This video is awesome!!!!!! It combines some of my favorite things drones and planes. Next time start at one plane and then go up so you see all the planes coming into view. Great video safe flying!

Thanks for the feedback

I was not permitted to fly above a certain altitude. The museum is on an old airfield that this still used occasionally for airshows etc. which is probably why they didn't allow me to fly too high.

So I had to satisfy myself with plenty of close up, low-level shots
2017-5-24
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Great video. Just my kinda thing.
I got permission from Avro Heritage museum to fly over and round there Vulcan bomber at Woodford, only problem was it was still classed as an active airfield so missed my chance . But , after e mailing dji they apparently de classified the site so next time im there ill be able to shoot some footage.  Wont be as good as this one though. Nice work.
2017-5-24
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Very cool, Hummingbird.  That brought back lots of memories for me, as I grew up around a lot of these a/c, especially seeing CF-104 from Cold Lake.
2017-5-29
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
France

Great video, Ather and thanks for sharing.  This brought back lots of memories for me.  I kept wincing as you came so close to the tails of these aircraft (especially the T tail on the 104).  How close did you actually fly to it?
2017-5-29
Use props
Ather
lvl.1
United States

GMG Posted at 2017-5-29 00:56
Great video, Ather and thanks for sharing.  This brought back lots of memories for me.  I kept wincing as you came so close to the tails of these aircraft (especially the T tail on the 104).  How close did you actually fly to it?

Thanks for the feedback! Believe me I winced many times myself. Actually due to the wide angle lens on the Mavic it has a fairly large field of view. So things seems closer than they really are.

The approach I took was to do a short flight to line up the mavic, check the distance from the aircraft etc. before doing a pass.
2017-6-2
Use props
Hoomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231394 ft
United States

Very cool!

I'd love to do some similar drone footage of the Pima Air and Space Museum here in Tucson, but as close as it is to Davis Monthan Air Force Base, it might be difficult to get permission.
2017-6-2
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

awesome!! glad they authorized you to fly there!
2017-6-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules