Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
POLL: What about the 'RTH-'BEEP' ?
41460 252 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Bokepacha Posted at 2018-4-19 05:40
Quite annoying not to be able to switch it off after several warnings. If I know i'm runnning out of battery and I'm already RTHing, I don't need several more minutes of beeping.

Never wrestle with a pig. You get dirty and the pig likes it!
2018-4-28
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

elementofgid Posted at 2017-5-22 08:08
If you're being lazy, you're not paying attention to your drone, making you more likely to crash your drone than someone who is careful and actively flying it. Just saying.

It depends where you are, and the phantom 4 pro goes on the same flight path
2018-4-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Brian88 Posted at 2018-1-24 11:56
I wouldn't mind a way to confirm, "Ok I hear you Mavic, I'm coming home" no need to keep pestering me.

It’s not going to happen
2018-7-19
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74213 ft
Sweden

I would like to have the option to turn it of. I don’t see the emergency in oh it’s heading home to a already set position. It draws to much attention and noise is something that make others anoid and signals a false alarm. I use RTH ALWAYS, its good to get comfortable using it .
2018-7-19
Use props
fansb8b222f3
lvl.4
Sweden

If not we can have a user guide how to insert a hot needle into the exact position into the rc to silent it
2018-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fansb8b222f3 Posted at 2018-7-19 19:52
I would like to have the option to turn it of. I don’t see the emergency in oh it’s heading home to a already set position. It draws to much attention and noise is something that make others anoid and signals a false alarm. I use RTH ALWAYS, its good to get comfortable using it .

Yet your manual tells you only use RTH in emergency situation.
2018-7-20
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

Operation is noisy as hell.
If you havent fasten your seatbelt in a car , the warning sound gradually increases as a friendly reminder.
Lets have the software act the same way. Think about having a brandnew car, lets say a Ferrari.
Your fuel meters are entering low fuel left. Now lets add DJI RTH SOUND TO THIS. Id kill myself and sell the car. In no particular order
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

And who reads manual now adays?
Seriasly just older people. The younger generation dont care, if it doesnt work as an IPhone its crap.
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Italy

And please , the danger of an incoming drone ? Its not a nuclear missile we are talking about. Its up to the pilot to decide if it should be any noise or not. The pilot is the one beeing responsible in the end.
If we are talking safety as an argument , lets compare this with that any idiot can fly into an airfield with planes taking off. Incoming drone about to land ... Hahha
2018-7-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jojo-MavicPro Posted at 2018-7-23 12:10
And please , the danger of an incoming drone ? Its not a nuclear missile we are talking about. Its up to the pilot to decide if it should be any noise or not. The pilot is the one beeing responsible in the end.
If we are talking safety as an argument , lets compare this with that any idiot can fly into an airfield with planes taking off. Incoming drone about to land ... Hahha

That’s a weak comparison, and nothing like beep for RTH , so don t compare the ridiculous with this discussion.
You have full control of the beeping, once you fly your aircraft no beeping, it’s quite simple, your manual tells you only use RTH in emergency, so if it’s an emergency you will need the beeping. And if it’s not emergency then just fly home no beeping.
2018-7-23
Use props
jojo-MavicPro
lvl.4
Sweden

Ok it seems we all agree. Lets have this as an option for the pilot to switch on and off. That way people who feel the extra attention needed can have his drone as is and we who doesnt like it and feel its only for old people can turn it off.
2018-7-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jojo-MavicPro Posted at 2018-7-24 00:49
Ok it seems we all agree. Lets have this as an option for the pilot to switch on and off. That way people who feel the extra attention needed can have his drone as is and we who doesnt like it and feel its only for old people can turn it off.

It’s fairly obvious who you are, and it’s also fairly clear you can’t or don’t fly, learn to fly then you won’t have any problems with the beep.
2018-7-24
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-7-24 14:11
It’s fairly obvious who you are, and it’s also fairly clear you can’t or don’t fly, learn to fly then you won’t have any problems with the beep.

Funny how everywhere I find you posting you're arguing with someone .... hmmmm
2018-7-25
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I read that there is software out there that turns off all sounds or even lets you change the sounds of the controller.
2018-7-26
Use props
Anthony566
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

Interesting that DJI have changed this in the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-8-26
Use props
fans5aee5495
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The remote of the Mavic 2 can be silenced by briefly pressing the power button, but if it gets to 5% the beeping cannot be silenced.
2018-8-27
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans5aee5495 Posted at 2018-8-27 14:23
The remote of the Mavic 2 can be silenced by briefly pressing the power button, but if it gets to 5% the beeping cannot be silenced.

That's cool.
2018-9-18
Use props
craftyt0ny
lvl.1
United States

Let us turn it down and or off please!
2018-10-4
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

#Quick Reply Here#https://forum.dji.com/thread-183131-1-1.html
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

#Quick Reply Here#https://forum.dji.com/thread-183131-1-1.html
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

Reply to this post for a chance to win 1 Money points! Each person is 1 times(Probability of winning 40%)
2019-3-6
Use props
ttomas
lvl.3

United States

https://forum.dji.com/thread-183 ...  most drone flyers?[/url]
2019-3-6
Use props
Miwon
New
Germany

Hello all,

I haven't read the whole thread, so please forgive me if it has already been said.

From a developers point of view the RC beeping is really annoying, especially when you're in simulator mode via "DJI Assistant 2". I'd really appreciate a way to turn it off via the SDK.
2019-3-7
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Yes. Way too loud. Why?

Everybody holds the controller at arms length at its furthest. Some volume control would be very useful.
2019-3-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-7 08:41
I see you in threads everywhere just arguing your point with whoever will argue with you. Is this your way of collecting points.
You stated that you have been to flight school and you know that the beep has to be there for safety so everyone around you knows there is incoming danger. Come on, I guess if everyone around you went to flight school too, then they may have a clue as to what the beeping is. Since most of them actually have no idea what the beeping means, they will be concentrating on the source of the beep and not the incoming danger so your statement has no validity.
I'm not one of those that will argue with you so I will not waste my time replying to any comments I know you will have. Just post your opinion and quit badgering everyone or is it your job to "fix"everyone...

Yes but if you stopped to think about it , we all know beeping is a warning of something, you may not but the rest of the world is moving on.
If you here a truck beeping you know it’s reversing, ifyou hear your seat belt beeping you know it’s a warning to put your seat belt on , if your in an airport when the golf cart carrying someone is coming past it beeps, this may have passed you by , maybe you walk around with your head in the sky or up your @ss .
While I have points on this forum, much or most is through helping others, I’ve been on this forum for 4 years ,on the other hand from what I read of your posts whinging is your forte, and while plenty can learn to whinge like you , it’s not something that’s in short supply around here.

And I’m sure you will already know with all of your experience that it is the responsibility of the pilot to alert those around that a drone is coming into land no longer under his control.

I also have no inclination to argue with you, it’s clear logical thinking is not in your armory, and it’s true what they say.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
2019-3-7
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-7 11:12
No arguing, just fact.
You just here contradict yourself. Lets look at that logically. You are right, all those things have a beeper to warn of possible danger. That is a fact. If you ever have been around heavy moving equiptment or cranes that are remotely operated, again there are warning sounds coming from what is moving, not the remote controller. Now lets apply that to the drone. The remote is beeping and not the drone. Now peoples atten tion is being drawn away from the danger and looking at a harmless controller. Your example proves nothing. And you a pilot with so much experiernce, is discussing performing a rth back to a bunch of people that need to look out for the drone. Apparently you went to the wrong flight school.
If complaining about things that aren't right is whining, then I'm a whiner. Better than just sitting back and take what comes in silence...

as I said your not capable of thinking logically its the people around the landing area that are in danger, not those 300 metres away, so RC will be at landing area so if someone is wondering about the beeping the pilot's job is to keep landing area clear, beeping gets their attention pilot keeps landing area clear.

im kind of amazed by people like you who keep telling everyone that the beeping is not for this its not for that . its those like you who feel the need to be mouthpieces, but you offer no explanation why the beeping is there.
its been implemented in all dpi drones since phantom 3 pro, so I await your answer, or is it you think it was just a mistake, yet year after year its still there .

instead of always throwing stones which is easy , why not give answers which is a lot more difficult .
2019-3-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-7 11:12
No arguing, just fact.
You just here contradict yourself. Lets look at that logically. You are right, all those things have a beeper to warn of possible danger. That is a fact. If you ever have been around heavy moving equiptment or cranes that are remotely operated, again there are warning sounds coming from what is moving, not the remote controller. Now lets apply that to the drone. The remote is beeping and not the drone. Now peoples atten tion is being drawn away from the danger and looking at a harmless controller. Your example proves nothing. And you a pilot with so much experiernce, is discussing performing a rth back to a bunch of people that need to look out for the drone. Apparently you went to the wrong flight school.
If complaining about things that aren't right is whining, then I'm a whiner. Better than just sitting back and take what comes in silence...

I would never use RTH unless emergency situation as the manual tells . but surely you already know this.
2019-3-7
Use props
Bjs_express
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1481496 ft
United States

Agree with other,  3 and 4.
2019-3-7
Use props
akozc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2019951 ft
Hong Kong

Landbo Posted at 2017-5-23 20:21
No, I think that's not true. I keep off course eye on WHERE my drone flying and whether it is  bumping into something at the same way as I keep an eye on where my car is on the road and the surrounding traffic.   

Regards Leif.
If  you quick double click the start button, the rth beep sound will stop but ofcourse it will continues to back to home
2019-3-10
Use props
ricardo964
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1469856 ft
Netherlands

The RTH function I don't see as a safety measure, I use it every flight! The loud beep annoys me a lot. I think the Mavic computer is perfectly capable of flying home and landing as well as I can do it myself.

When the Mavic is a few kilometers out and im finished flying or the battery runs out I press RTH and go inside and let the Mavic land a few minutes later.

I have never tried to shut down the controller, the Mavic should just continue the RTH procedure...
2019-3-14
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

2019-3-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-14 13:49
That may well be but DJI pushes it as a convience, not just for emergency use.
In the following link is DJI's official "Mavic 2 Series Tutorial - First Flight" video. It clearly states in explaining the "Inteligent Features" section that all you have to do to bring the drone back to you is tap the screen or use the RTH button. It is being sold as a convience.
If you still disagree, then maybe you should take that up with DJI and quit badgering felow forum members. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you do not know everything. You just end up looking like a jerk.

Your troll baiting again, I’m beginning to think that this is your only reason for being around here.
Go read your manual, dji also show plenty of girls in their videos, but my Mavic never came with one, and I don’t need one around to operate my drone.

Its time now in view of your ridiculous posts to do one, I really want nothing to do with you .
2019-3-14
Use props
JHollimanPhoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 82802 ft
United States

It's honestly the most enraging part of the whole drone-flying experience!
2019-3-29
Use props
Renames
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4232851 ft
Australia

It’s really not that bad
2019-3-29
Use props
elberti
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985561 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I any case should be a customizable feature.
2019-4-25
Use props
yakkka
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1826755 ft
United Kingdom

You should be able to mute it once you are aware of it
2019-7-24
Use props
ebea
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4297572 ft

I see it, as two things. The first are about Battery warning. By the time, you learn to manage the Battery use, and also know when to fly back home,and it's seldom you will hear the beep warning. The second thing, are about RTH function. I belive, that most people who flies with drones, are located outside Cities, and by this, they only have the beep noise, as a warning for what it is, a safety warning, that it's now the Drone and controller which fly the drone. So I do not see reasons, why to reduce the warnings!
2019-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules