POLL: What about the 'RTH-'BEEP' ?
41474 252 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_12MlSJHVUj6i
lvl.2

Mcflying Posted at 2017-5-19 05:18
I see the RTH function as a safety feature which should only be used in an emergency and not when you are to lazy.
But that is from someone who recently flown a Phantom 2.
There the RTH was a Safety feature.

So where’s the poll?  Forum should have ability for us to have an actual poll showing results. Just a thread with replies is close to worthless. Not an attack on you but a suggestion for DJI. I assume that might be too democratic for communist.
2019-10-6
Use props
FlyingTurd
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Could it be implemented that an Emergency RTH, instigated by the app have the option of turning the volume down to a certain level, but if it is activated by the user they also have the option to turn it off? After all, they have made the choice to RTH in the first place.
2019-12-16
Use props
Snoopybris
lvl.4
Flight distance : 457343 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That's a great survey guys
2020-2-12
Use props
gdebarun
New

India

the noise is for safety but it should have some options to turn it off / on as per the surrounding. So that it does not bother anybody.
2020-2-16
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Personally i see it as an audible prompt that the drone is flying 'under its own steam'
2020-2-27
Use props
Vlas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully we will see some options in the future.
2020-4-28
Use props
Kwazy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41227 ft
United States

A lot of people are parroting "It's just for safety"
How does this loud and annoying beep make anything more safe? What, someone nearby might not know that a drone is gonna land nearby soon? Well, the drone itself is pretty loud when it is nearby. Why does the remote need to draw unnecessary attention to me from everyone within 100m radius?

Because of the beeping I have set my "low battery" warning to the minimum available option of 10% so that I don't have to hear the damn beeping without being able to shut it off every time my battery is running low. I'm perfectly capable of monitoring the battery myself and bring the drone back safely. Now, one could say that it is LESS safe because I have effectively turned off the low battery warning and avoid using RTH like the plague, just so I don't hear the stupid beeping. I would love the ability to get a soft beep that I can silence when my battery is at 25% just to let me know. But unfortunately I can't have that.

Please, anyone, how is it MORE safe with the beeping screech coming out of remote at 95dB?
2020-7-24
Use props
djiuser_jxG2YFunhce7
lvl.1
United States

Yeah definitely interesting for sure.  Glad to know I'm in the majority
2020-8-29
Use props
janenash270
New

Cyprus

Partner Needed For A Multi Million Business Venture.(https://darkmarketcounterfeitbanknotes.com/)

With the COVID-19 pandemic which may trigger a global recession, we produce authentic currency bills of USD$, GBP£, Euros€ and many more currency bills with different serial numbers on each bill. We have instock the semi finish banknote substrates already engraved and designed front and back of the various currencies of each denomination. We need a partner to work with discretely to finish the production of our semi finish banknote substrates and make it legal tender on a percentage which we are going to discuss in a personal meeting in the event that you agree to work with us. We will schedule for a meeting to show you everything and discuss all details and produce samples so you can go test to confirm authenticity.  All Notes will pass major test like ultra violet light, pencil test, many more fake money detection. No Hassle!!

WhatsApp: ‪+447436442801

https://darkmarketcounterfeitbanknotes.com/

Email Support: info@darkmarketcounterfeitbanknotes.com

Email: darkmarketsuppliers@europe.com

Skype..nicolas.persey

EUR - EUR
USD - US dollars
GBP - British pound
INR - Indian Rupee
AUD - Australian Dollar
CAD - Canadian Dollars
AED - Emirati Dirham
ZAR edge
CHF - Swiss Franc
CNY - Chinese Yuan Renminbi
MYR - Malaysian Ringgit
THB - Thai Baht
2021-4-1
Use props
Romonaga
lvl.2
Flight distance : 789124 ft
United States

RTH is an important feature and one we all should use.  I think providing a way to set the volume is a good compromise.
2021-6-19
Use props
PPDTheCircle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32028 ft
Canada

Beeps can help you to notice that it rth, I like it
2021-6-24
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I think they should just give the option to turn it off.
2023-1-17
Use props
PixelPro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1205715 ft
United States

I think they should just give the option to turn it off.
2023-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules