Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shielding and Guarding DIY pdf for EMF - EMI
2299 20 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

I would also like to add : One side of the shield does not necessarily have to be Grounded at one end , The Shield around the wiring producing the EMF may be enough to
displace and redirect the Flux lines that are causing the EMI --- Yeah Yeah Yeah I know some will not agree and claim that if it's not grounded it will become an antenna
though it is good practice to ground it at one end  --- it would all depends on the application, Type of Circuit, Volts, Amps and Enclosure etc. etc.

If you are having problems DL ------> This is How you can DL it to your PC : Right click mouse , drop down box , Left click - Save As - To your desktop  

Shielding and Guarding.pdf

688.95 KB, Down times: 23

2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

That's some detailed info in the PDF you posted there. So is this a Mavic issue, something to do with the magnet test? Do we need to shield the mavics now. Is there a problem with the mavics and shielding?

Personally never noticed any problems with the mavic, except one test next to a power station where it became completely uncontrollable. Phantom 3 seemed ok there but mavic hated it.
2017-5-17
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

I am not 100% sure, but i do believe that the controller is shielded to a certain extent. But as we had seen the problem goes back to the sticks and strong enough EMF and MF can cause issues as SkunkWerxs showed previously and now that Matt-and-Riley is reporting when flew close to a power station, supporting and proving again what has been talked and discussed here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=95194
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-5-17 05:33
I am not 100% sure, but i do believe that the controller is shielded to a certain extent. But as we had seen the problem goes back to the sticks and strong enough EMF and MF can cause issues as SkunkWerxs showed previously and now that Matt-and-Riley is reporting when flew close to a power station, supporting and proving again what has been talked and discussed here: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=95194

AACY, I didn't need The Troller to confirm to me That flying near a PowerStation would effect his Mavic
          He should have known better you didn't Notice he's never wrong on this Forum ???
          don't disagree with him he will Troll you like an @^$
Happy Flying   
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

AACY , You are correct the controller is Shielded to an extent , just not good enough
           for a control circuit and DJI knows this !!!!!
2017-5-17
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-17 06:08
AACY, I didn't need The Troller to confirm to me That flying near a PowerStation would effect his Mavic
          He should have known better you didn't Notice he's never wrong on this Forum ???
          don't disagree with him he will Troll you like an @^$

I was not posting as a confirmation to you I know you know your stuff. I just posted to also let people know if they read this new thread where to go since we talked about this before, just to keep track.

Yes, I had seen some posts from it before, thanks for the heads up. Anyways to be trolled you need two, so by not paying attention to it you win it.

Cheers!
2017-5-17
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-17 06:09
AACY , You are correct the controller is Shielded to an extent , just not good enough
           for a control circuit and DJI knows this !!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. Really sad to learn is not enough to at least serve as a safety net on that side. But hey! thankfully we know what problems we might have and how to possibly avoid it. Maybe if it starts going bananas just press RTH, or as a last resource go like in the old days, just turn off the controller and if the person that is flying did its correct pre-flight checklist, it shouldn't be any problem for the bird to return and land safely.

Cheers!
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

AACY Posted at 2017-5-17 06:25
Thanks for the clarification. Really sad to learn is not enough to at least serve as a safety net on that side. But hey! thankfully we know what problems we might have and how to possibly avoid it. Maybe if it starts going bananas just press RTH, or as a last resource go like in the old days, just turn off the controller and if the person that is flying did its correct pre-flight checklist, it shouldn't be any problem for the bird to return and land safely.

Cheers!

AACY , Your Welcome , Cheers!!
2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

A sensible answer, thank you.

Still not convinced it's an issue, not many people want to fly around power stations. I fully expected everything to fail in that location. I guess if you're going into areas of very high interference then the mavic would not be your choice of drone.

Are they really dropping from the skies on a regular basis because of bad shielding?

Maybe some real world tests would make it clearer, previous test prove the drone doesn't like magnets being put on it, but how does that translate?
2017-5-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Can't download the pdf.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-17 09:32
Can't download the pdf.

Ill check it
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-17 09:32
Can't download the pdf.

I just tried it --- it's working for me ?????
   It's a good one -- to keep in your Files
2017-5-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Anyone else getting it? I'm getting

Sorry, can not read the attachment

[ DJI FORUM Home ]
2017-5-17
Use props
CrownSeven
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-17 10:56

I can't download it either, although my forum status is beginner so not sure if that has anything to do with it.

By the way, dji - this points system that is used to elevate ones forum status to unlock more functionality is a bit wacky.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-17 10:56

thehippoz , this is how it has to be opened , Maybe DJI don't want people to become educated ??

This is How you can DL it to your PC : Right click mouse , drop down box ,then pick Save As to
your desktop   
2017-5-17
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Maybe upload to dropbox. It's the same thing, can't dl the attachment.
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Canada

thehippoz Posted at 2017-5-18 07:57
Maybe upload to dropbox. It's the same thing, can't dl the attachment.

Really I just tried it again the way I explained and it worked it doesn't work for me if I just click on it
I wonder WTF ?????????
2017-5-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

SkunkWerxs Posted at 2017-5-18 07:58
Really I just tried it again the way I explained and it worked it doesn't work for me if I just click on it
I wonder WTF ?????????

Yeah I don't think it's my end. Permissions guess set on pdf files? Dropbox always works.
2017-5-18
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

Hungary

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-18
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

TrollsSlayer Posted at 2017-5-18 08:23
Hippoz,

The link is fine. It depends on your browser security set up. Some will open automatically using ACROBAT and other , for security they won't allow external program to open thru the browser.

Goes strait to a webpage that acts like not logged in, it's not the browser. It might be need more flight time or something on my account.

O nm, I copied the link from the

and pasted it in the bar and it comes up. OOk lemme read this now

That's a interesting article. See the article recommends two types of metal, like aluminum inner and steel outter. Best combo. I wouldn't ground the shielding on the motor wiring, just because all that noise will end up in the system itself. There's no earth to ground to up there and really don't know what kind of capacitors they're using. If low esr, probably be able to get away with the extra noise, keep the ripple low who knows. Just best to shield with the foil and steel. I've had no compass issues since did this on mine.
2017-5-18
Use props
TrollsSlayer
Banned

United Kingdom

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules