Gimbal Centering WAY Incorrectly
1316 3 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

Hello all...

I'm HOPING there is just an incorrect setting, or some kind of calibration that I should do that I don't know about... maybe others have had this issue but I have not seen an exact post about this.

My OSMO Pro gimbal has suddenly decided that its center is not true center, but instead is exactly 90 degrees facing right.

On power up it briefly centers correctly, and then quickly moves 90 degrees facing right.  If you manually re-center it and then double-tap the trigger, it moves to the incorrect 90-degrees right position.  If you triple-tap the trigger for "selfie position," it still moves it to the same incorrect position.

I can go into the settings and set the gimbal yaw to zero degrees which returns it normally, but that is just a temporary setting that is overridden the next time you double tap to center.

I use the double-tap ALL the time while shooting, and without it then it definitely moves the OSMO into the more-trouble-than-it's-worth category and pretty much unusable for me, especially in run-and-gun situations.

I installed the latest/new firmware when adding the wired phone connector (I was a beta tester), but the issue did NOT start then, it only suddenly started yesterday.

Can anyone help???

Much thanks,
T2
2017-5-17
Use props
FauxFilm
lvl.2
United States

I should note that I attempted recalibrating the gimbal before, which did NOT help.  I also did a "reset gimbal" before which did NOT help.

But I just repeated both those steps again (just in case), and while recalibrating the gimbal didn't do anything, this time "reset" DID return it to normal.  It definitely didn't before though.  Not sure what is going on.  At least the issue is fixed for the moment.
2017-5-17
Use props
GrizzlyAdams
lvl.2
United States

I am having the same problem and it started today (5/19/2017){:4_142:}
2017-5-18
Use props
ricci2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,
Just received my beta adaptor today and I am having the same issue,  I have tried apple amd android, same.
Think we need an update.. I made a vid showing it fixed the gimbal wondering and did not have this issue..

Ricci
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules