Apparently refurbished is new, as per DJI
1808 34 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Justanother106
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59 ft
United States

I purchased my done and fly more combo on 04/17/2017 , the drone had defects right out of the box, also heavy signs of use.I contacted DJI on 4/24/2017 about my issue and the support team agreed that the drone needed to be replaced. They promised a new package would be sent out as soon as I sent in my defective drone and the fly more combo which I did. Even after multiple emails ,calls and post on this form assuring me I will receive a new drone , some how they sent me another used/refurbished drone. I contacted customer support again about my issue and apparently a refurbished is considered new... no thank you DJI refund processing.... CAS-643028-H7Q1G7
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Purchased on 4/17/2017 received via FedEx on 4/19/2017 contacted customer support on 4/24/2017
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I see that they were working on your case. I've notified them that your processing a refund.
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-17 13:14
I see that they were working on your case. I've notified them that your processing a refund.

Thank you Ken
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Ken
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Thank you Ken
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Ken the drone and fly more combo has been shipped back via ups tracking#1ZE80E408796373223
2017-5-17
Use props
74260Z
lvl.2
United States

I'd get the refund and order a new one from amazon or go to best buy and get one.. you'll love it.
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

74260Z Posted at 2017-5-17 15:09
I'd get the refund and order a new one from amazon or go to best buy and get one.. you'll love it.

Thanks, but no thanks. I never want to deal with DJI ever again!
2017-5-17
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-17 15:35
Thanks, but no thanks. I never want to deal with DJI ever again!

DJI are cannibalizing there own customers even before they unbox by sending crappy second hand abused and crashed Mavics as new.
I know i would do exactly the same, return someone elses problem Mavic, demand a refund and never look back.
Is that even legal to sell second hand crap as new?
There are plenty of drones to choose from nowadays, so you are not out in the cold at all due to DJIs business model.
2017-5-17
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-17 16:37
DJI are cannibalizing there own customers even before they unbox by sending crappy second hand abused and crashed Mavics as new.
I know i would do exactly the same, return someone elses problem Mavic, demand a refund and never look back.

In the U.S. it is illegal , if it's second hand it must state Refurbished on the Box or Paper Work!!!!
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-17 16:37

Yes I agree. It's just sad.
2017-5-17
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-17 13:02
Purchased on 4/17/2017 received via FedEx on 4/19/2017 contacted customer support on 4/24/2017

Just curious, why did you wait five days to contact DJI? if it was delivered to you that way?  I would have contacted them the same day.
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-17 18:50
Just curious, why did you wait five days to contact DJI? if it was delivered to you that way?  I would have contacted them the same day.

I live in ny and between my job and no fly zones I had to wait until I had a day off and drive about 15 miles just to fly and after trying to trouble shoot for 2 hrs on the field I just gave up and decided to contact DJI tech support and that's when my nightmare started
2017-5-17
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-17 18:21
Yes I agree. It's just sad.

Just got back from the beach after racking up about 18klms from 3 batteries.
I was testing a warranty replacement battery for the first time and it performed well.
It is a pity and sad as you stated that DJI allows customers to feel ripped off and to ruin peoples optimism about owning such a model. You pay top dollar for an item you expect to be brand shiny new, not someone elses reject with a patch job. You would have no idea of what you received which makes it seem very shonky to the receiver.
Hope you have a win somehow!
2017-5-17
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-17 19:33
I was testing a warranty replacement battery for the first time and it performed well.
It is a pity and sad as you stated that DJI allows customers to feel ripped off and to ruin peoples optimism about owning such a model. You pay top dollar for an item you expect to be brand shiny new, not someone elses reject with a patch job. You would have no idea of what you received which makes it seem very shonky to the receiver.

I'm glad it's working out for you. As far as DJI there's only one word I could think of and that's failure. The weird part is the DJI rep kept asking me what's wrong with the refurbished unit we sent you and my reply was I paid for a new unit.  His reply was a refurbished unit is just as good as a new unit lmao at that point I just asked for a refund. No point in continuing that conversation. ..... there no doubt they sell used/refurbished  as new units. I own two solo drones they work great out the box, I have about 30 flights with each of them and no issues yet.  I'll just stick with them.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-17 13:56
Ken the drone and fly more combo has been shipped back via ups tracking#1ZE80E408796373223

I've added that to your case#
2017-5-18
Use props
SkunkWerxs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 231217 ft
Canada

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-17 19:33

Bent as crazy as you are --- I do agree with you on this matter
I know if I opened a box and found that I spent $1000.00 USD on I'd be -you know
I just hope it was a mistake
Cheers
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-17 18:50

i agree with you. if it been opened day recieved and lookded referbished , why wait 5 days and still try and go out and fly it anyway , then want refund
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 06:14
i agree with you. if it been opened day recieved and lookded referbished , why wait 5 days and still try and go out and fly it anyway , then want refund

This was my first purchase from DJI, if I knew then what I know now I would have definitely called the same day I received it, but since I wasn't expecting a refurbished unit I didn't really inspect the drone until I had a chance to fly it. It was only after I noticed it was defective I started to look a little closer.... honestly I really wanted it to work....
2017-5-18
Use props
Grotto13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1148937 ft
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-18 11:58
This was my first purchase from DJI, if I knew then what I know now I would have definitely called the same day I received it, but since I wasn't expecting a refurbished unit I didn't really inspect the drone until I had a chance to fly it. It was only after I noticed it was defective I started to look a little closer.... honestly I really wanted it to work....

Hi Justa
sorry for your case and I definitely  understand . I was just curious.  It is unfortunate  that happen  . DJI does have great service they just so busy . it would have been good to have replied to 1 of the admins on the forum here. they are alot faster for help then emailing support sometimes. being new the dji and forum maybe you didnt know. The Mavic is really a great piece of equipment. sorry for your bad experience and wish you luck with outcome of your case . happy safe flying out there
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 13:05
Hi Justa
sorry for your case and I definitely  understand . I was just curious.  It is unfortunate  that happen  . DJI does have great service they just so busy . it would have been good to have replied to 1 of the admins on the forum here. they are alot faster for help then emailing support sometimes. being new the dji and forum maybe you didnt know. The Mavic is really a great piece of equipment. sorry for your bad experience and wish you luck with outcome of your case . happy safe flying out there

Thank you grotto, I've been in contact with at least three administration reps on this forum, this issue has been going on for about a month now. They all are pretty much aware
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 13:05
Hi Justa

I'm pretty sure the mavic is an awesome drone, and the administration reps have done a great job in helping me with my issue, unfortunately the DJI department that handles the exchange has made it very clear that only refurbished drones will be sent out, to them refurbished drones are equivalent to new drones, I had six different reps from that department explain that to me, even tho my drone was defective right out of the box, this is the reason I opted for a refund.
2017-5-18
Use props
FlyingSmasher
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-18 15:17
I'm pretty sure the mavic is an awesome drone, and the administration reps have done a great job in helping me with my issue, unfortunately the DJI department that handles the exchange has made it very clear that only refurbished drones will be sent out, to them refurbished drones are equivalent to new drones, I had six different reps from that department explain that to me, even tho my drone was defective right out of the box, this is the reason I opted for a refund.

I am crossing all my fingers I won't have to send for repairs.
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

FlyingSmasher Posted at 2017-5-18 17:17
I am crossing all my fingers I won't have to send for repairs.

Here ya go
Screenshot_2017-05-07-18-54-51.png
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Your right
Screenshot_2017-05-08-17-57-08.png
2017-5-18
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-17 19:10
I live in ny and between my job and no fly zones I had to wait until I had a day off and drive about 15 miles just to fly and after trying to trouble shoot for 2 hrs on the field I just gave up and decided to contact DJI tech support and that's when my nightmare started

I see.  I hope they refund you with no hassles.  That is not right at all.  Hope it all works out and I hope it was a mistake on DJI's part and not intentional.  
2017-5-18
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
United States

Grotto13 Posted at 2017-5-18 06:14

It is odd.  I ordered my fly more May 4th and when it came I made sure it was brand new and it was.  I read all the negative stuff on this forum about DJI and pulled the trigger anyways.  What I received was a brand new, fully functional piece of equipment.  It is by far the best drone I've ever owned.  Not one problem.  I understand mistakes happen but in the future, ALWAYS check what you receive right away.  Especially when you are spending over $1100.  Either way, I hope it works out for the guy.
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-5-18 18:24
It is odd.  I ordered my fly more May 4th and when it came I made sure it was brand new and it was.  I read all the negative stuff on this forum about DJI and pulled the trigger anyways.  What I received was a brand new, fully functional piece of equipment.  It is by far the best drone I've ever owned.  Not one problem.  I understand mistakes happen but in the future, ALWAYS check what you receive right away.  Especially when you are spending over $1100.  Either way, I hope it works out for the guy.

Lesson learned
2017-5-18
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

Ken can you please check the status of my refund?
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-19 10:32
Ken can you please check the status of my refund?

I see you've already talked to them today or yesterday and they told you that you will receive a notification in 7-10 business days.
2017-5-19
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-19 10:37
I see you've already talked to them today or yesterday and they told you that you will receive a notification in 7-10 business days.

Thank you ken, I just want to make sure they understand what's going on. When I called I had to clarify with both reps exactly what's going on. I was sent two return labels but I needed only one, they kept asking me about the second return label. I just want to be in the same page. .... thank for your help
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-19 12:47
Thank you ken, I just want to make sure they understand what's going on. When I called I had to clarify with both reps exactly what's going on. I was sent two return labels but I needed only one, they kept asking me about the second return label. I just want to be in the same page. .... thank for your help

No problem, have a great weekend.
2017-5-19
Use props
Justanother106
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-5-19 13:30
No problem, have a great weekend.

you do the same, i just received a confirmation email about receiving the mavic pro and fly more combo, and instructions on checking my repair progress..... does this mean there about to process a refund?
heres the case # they supplied in the email CAS-643028-H7Q1G7
2017-5-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Justanother106 Posted at 2017-5-20 14:17
you do the same, i just received a confirmation email about receiving the mavic pro and fly more combo, and instructions on checking my repair progress..... does this mean there about to process a refund?
heres the case # they supplied in the email CAS-643028-H7Q1G7

Your case is in process, you should know more next week.
2017-5-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules