Smart Battery
1232 15 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans11f5def7
New
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

Is it worth it to buy a smart battery from amazon or eBay at a cheaper price? Does it perform just as good?
2017-5-17
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If the seller is a legit DJI seller, then yes.  If not, the battery is probably a counterfeit and may cause you major stress.  
2017-5-17
Use props
fans11f5def7
New
United States

How would I know if he is a legit seller? I'm sure if I ask, he could say yes, but be lying.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I would recommend doing your research on the dealer before making a purchase.
2017-5-17
Use props
fans11f5def7
New
United States

I'll probably just suck it up and spend the $150 from DJI it self. Lol
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans11f5def7 Posted at 2017-5-17 15:29
I'll probably just suck it up and spend the $150 from DJI it self. Lol

I'm sure you'll be fine. You can also look at authorized dealers in the following link:

http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-5-17
Use props
Maxxpsoft
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380594 ft
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-17 15:33
I'm sure you'll be fine. You can also look at authorized dealers in the following link:

http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

Nobody within several hundred miles of me. I guess amazon is not an authorized seller?
2017-5-17
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-5-17 16:08
Nobody within several hundred miles of me. I guess amazon is not an authorized seller?

I've bought of Amazon, not the cheapest ones, usual DJI priced ones. Everything was ok, but I did have an existing battery to compare it against. Many of the clones are not identical.

If it doesn't look the same send it back and tell amazon it's a fake.

I just wouldn't risk trying to get a cheap one anywhere.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Maxxpsoft Posted at 2017-5-17 16:08

Some of the dealers that are selling under Amazon may be, so they could be an option.
2017-5-17
Use props
Skippy_74
lvl.1
United States

Do a google search for DJI drone repair or Phantom 3 repair as I did and several large companys in the Dallas area showed up with repair and sales of DJI drones.I don't know the policy of Amazon but on Ebay if you ask the seller if the battery is a genuine DJI battery and they say yes it is and you buy it and it turns out it isn't then you can return it and get your money back.If the seller doesn't want to take it back and return your money then contact Ebay and they will step in and you will get your money back. My wife just went through this with a seller and she contacted Ebay that got her money back.
2017-5-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

This question gets asked again and again .... with the two camps ....

Those that pay DJI price and say they have peace of mind.

And those like me who buy from 3rd party at prices anything from 50% to 75% of DJI and have no trouble at all. Updates / flight / charge / discharge --- everything working fine.

Amazon, eBay have protectionist policies to assist buyers if products don't work etc.

I don't knock DJI as they are only doing same as any other company - pricing / advice / support ... with 3rd party products in competition. Doesn't matter if its BMW / Chevrolet / DJI etc.

Nigel
2017-5-17
Use props
WayOutWoodPond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62867 ft
United Kingdom

I too use clone batteries and have had no problems with them. I use the term clone rather than "fake" because that's what they are. If they were fake you'd likely have a hard time telling them from an original...otherwise what would be the point of faking them?
2017-5-17
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

All the 3rd party batterys I use all state clearly on sales pages eBay .... Generic .... none say they are DJI.

Fake as I understand it - means trying to pass as Original as in a 'Fake Rembrandt painting' etc.

Clone as I understand it to be a copy of which it does not say it is the real McCoy ... but will say it will work in place of the original.

Nigel
2017-5-18
Use props
WayOutWoodPond
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62867 ft
United Kingdom

solentlife Posted at 2017-5-18 01:11
All the 3rd party batterys I use all state clearly on sales pages eBay .... Generic .... none say they are DJI.

Fake as I understand it - means trying to pass as Original as in a 'Fake Rembrandt painting' etc.

Exactly this.
2017-5-18
Use props
HARLEYSCOTTE
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53747 ft
United States

I bought a pair of DJI Props from amazon 1 pair -4 props $7.99  the other 4 props $30.00 ( said they were balanced )  yes I am a new, but I could not tell any difference.
2017-5-21
Use props
fanse1af22cc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Yo can always find deals on Ebay - I do, a lot. You just have to put in the time to compare. Like one of the other guys said, check out the seller - go to his feedback, check out the negative comments.
If all the neg. comments are about shipping time and not quality, then you are probably good to go.
Also make sure they are official DJI batteries. The headings will ALWAYS say DJI but when you look at the description, the manufacturer could be somebody completely different.

Do you homework and you can find DJI products at a discounted price.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules