Laundry list after firmware 17 list them here
2546 19 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

Starting this thread so everyone can list thier update issues in one place, there are several posts about individual issues so here are the ones I've noticed since the firmware, I had about 50 flights prior to the firmware update and did not notice any of these issues, to boot firmware txt file said that the fimrware failed but the hidden log file said it was updated.
1. frequent GPS loss
2. weak or loss of tranmission signal
3. Will not stay in NTCS or MP4 even after selecting sometimes it says MOV and still films in MP4
4. Format the card from the app and it says it's empty even when you hit play but when you put it in the computer is still has movies on it.
5. Video quality from camera to app is poorer get more pixelated views and freezes
6. will not set home for RTH unless it's started and hovered then land and it works
7. App says safe to fly GPS mode but icon says P atti, this lasts about 2 min then goes to GPS
8. Overshoots home when pressing RTH even with a good GPS signal, overshot today by about 60 feet and almost landed on my house.
9. Frequent compass error
With all these issues I'm a lot more careful when I fly.

There are more i'm not listing but I consider the others minor in comparison to the above.  I did contact DJI via chat they took the easy way out when I said the weather was poor here and said it must be the weather. Yesterday was a nice 60 deg day with no clouds and all the above happened.

2015-3-8
Use props
snathla
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Starting to get some of the same issues consistently - Both times I flew today. Hate to keep taking a chance and flying till we get an update. It would be pretty expensive losing the Inspire........DJI, we need your help...fast please

Weak RC signal
Error with Compass even after calibration
GPS to ATTI
Weak transmission

All of this even though the Inspire is not too high
2015-3-8
Use props
dundee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

1) Maybe the app is misleading but the bird fly's fine
2) same as 1)
3) Old issue, not solved in .17
4) Programmers where clever not to erase the videos/pictures
    You want clean... then format with your computer
    You want realy clean... then uncheck 'quick format' (windows)
5) same as 1)
6) yep, bug
7) same as 1)
8) Ohh, a bug ?
9) During flight, same as 1)
    When in pre-flight, start the dance.
2015-3-8
Use props
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

1. GROUND STATION/WAYPOINTS as promised when I spent my $3000. Was told it would be in the firmware.
2. frequent GPS loss
3. weak or loss of signal
4. Video quality from camera to app is more pixelated and locks up
5. Constantly telling me the compass is wrong and the green "safe to fly" area becomes red and says its lost the GPS or there is a Compass Error and ATTI is required to return. Then after I fly a minute or so everything returns to normal and is all green again. Yes, I turned around and went right back to where this occurred to see if it would again. It didn't at that spot. However it does somewhere during every flight.

I've got 175 flights so I'm not a total rookie. It amazes me they would release an aircraft with so many issues and then send updates with even more issues. I feel like I paid $3700 to Beta test this for them. When the new hand held gimbal for the Inspire camera gets released I sure hope of not actually expect DJI to provide it for free to people who purchased the first or second round of the Inspire or at that very lease given to us at a incredible discount
2015-3-8
Use props
Roastie
lvl.2

France

For me,  absolutely no problems as per the previous firmware.  
When flying in GPS mode, I notice that when you release the sticks, the stop is far less violent.  Perhaps to avoid prop-off issues that some people have been having?

Anyway everything is fine for me...

Roastie
2015-3-9
Use props
TheFlyGuy
lvl.2

Israel

One more,
"No Signal" indicator massage when the camera is not connected to the Inspire. never got the green or yellow "Safe to fly". but i fact at the background the inspire did connect to satellites (or OPTI) and let you fly GPS/OPTI mode - just no indication of that as long as the camera is not attached to the Inspire.
2015-3-9
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

Hard time with GPS
Weak Signal
Video quality

I regret doing this update, the one before was solid... no issues
2015-3-9
Use props
bdavid01.hotmai
New

United States

GPS issue
compass error
weak signal
battery errors
DEAD/BRICKED RC#2
TERRIBLE tech support :  I was finally told that the call in option was the only way to get the issue resolved.  (deleted my open ticket without even talking to me or providing me with a solution) with unreasonable call wait times considering the volumes that this issue has created.  On hold now, caller #9 @49 minutes to go but that's better than last week when the outgoing message was 'Call back', at least today I am in the queue.
2015-3-9
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

got to add one more to my list,
10. always warning me the bird is behind me when it's not
2015-3-9
Use props
sevenstarspharm
New

Thailand

11. no signal issue  :@
2015-3-9
Use props
mail.wheeland
lvl.2

United States

madmaxx Posted at 2015-3-9 20:53
Hard time with GPS
Weak Signal
Video quality

Same here  firmware v16 was solid for all flights but since v17 4 of 4 flights had multiple compass errors and p-ati events.
2015-3-9
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Yeah, second day flying and I just finished the IMU calibration and the compass calibration, in beginner mode it lost GPS and had a compass error. And told me to fly in ATTI. In the wind no less! Great fun indeed for a brand new aircraft. Ok maybe flying in wind wasn't the smartest thing to do but you don't see me sitting behind a console at Goddard space centre
2015-3-9
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am the same as most others on here, even though update went though smoothly,
No problems before update, now all of these,,,
Hard time with GPS
Weak Signal message when only 2-300m in LOS
Poor Video quality
Camera jerks to either side every 3-4mins whilst recording in flight
RC ERROR, message whilst in flight.
drops landing gear immediately after lifting it, in auto take off ??
Hopefully just bugs in the App ??? (Android with me)
Dji advised to leave latest update on Sd card so as to update other batteries, that update is coming off just in case that's causing any issues,,,
2015-3-10
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

Hey guys... I found my last update (16) in my files.. can I go back? will the bird take this update?
2015-3-10
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

Larry,

I presented your list to the lead programmer on the Inspire project and got some information back from him that I thought you and the others would be interested in.

1. frequent GPS loss    Not .17 fw issue but is being addressed in the next version of the FW.
2. weak or loss of tranmission signal    Maybe .17 issue, but need check case by case
3. Will not stay in NTCS or MP4 even after selecting sometimes it says MOV and still films in MP4    Not .17 fw issue, it is about iOS APP v1.0.2
4. Format the card from the app and it says it's empty even when you hit play but when you put it in the computer is still has movies on it.    Not .17 fw issue, camera issue
5. Video quality from camera to app is poorer get more pixelated views and freezes    ​Maybe .17 issue, but need check case by case​
6. will not set home for RTH unless it's started and hovered then land and it works    Not .17 fw issue and has not been replicated.
7. App says safe to fly GPS mode but icon says P atti, this lasts about 2 min then goes to GPS     Not .17 fw issue but is being addressed in the next version of the FW.
8. Overshoots home when pressing RTH even with a good GPS signal, overshot today by about 60 feet and almost landed on my house.    Not .17 fw issue
9. Frequent compass error     Not .17 fw issue but is being addressed in the next version of the FW.

When he says that it is not a .17 FW issue what he is saying is that it is not specific to v.17 and could have been present in an earlier version or is not replicable.  The new version of the firmware is in expanded beta testing now.  I do not know when it will be released.  You know the old response, when it is done.
2015-3-11
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

madmaxx Posted at 2015-3-11 05:25
Hey guys... I found my last update (16) in my files.. can I go back? will the bird take this update? ...

You cannot go back.  The version checking will only allow you to go forward.
2015-3-11
Use props
nathan_conelius
New

Australia

Hi all,

Just received my Insprie in the mail yesterday, haven't put it all together yet. Judging by all the comments on this thread alone, I'm beginning to regret my $4000 purchase. Surely DJI would have their act together for such a high end bit of gear. I'm not sure which firmware is currently installed on mine, but will it be an issue for now if I don't upgrade to V1.7?

Cheers,

Nathan
2015-3-11
Use props
lcoleman
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed,

Thanks for the update. Do you have any idea when the POI (point of interest) and waypoint/autonomous flight will be released? Even an estimate or any indication would be helpful - for instance, are there any beta users testing these features and therefore we might see them in the next weeks or months, or are they focused on the current problems and not even working in these features currently, so it may be a year away.

Thanks.
2015-3-11
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

Tahoe Ed

I have no doubt that everyone at DJI are doing their best but having flown with previous software version, I find that this new 17 version has created more issues than it has resolved. In 18 flights, the inspire was perfect with no issues at all. One flight with version 17 installed, could not get any gps at all.

Flight resulted in flyaway. I have posted in another thread so will not repeat all details here. The main thing is that this version possibly  needs some serious attention ASAP. Whilst I cannot say for sure my issues were due to the new software, the software update was the only point of difference to the previous 18 flights so just making an obvious conclusion.

Details of fly away are at the following thread:

Anyone having GPS/ATTI mode dropouts with 1.2.0.17

ps I hope the link added works!.... you can post listed under thread  "Anyone having GPS/ATTI mode dropouts with 1.2.0.17"
2015-3-12
Use props
larry.crim
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe Ed
  Thanks for addressing the issues I'm sure I am not alone when I say you are one of the most active and helpful rep on here.  I did not start this thread to complain but wanted someone from Dji to see the issues and address them, again thanks for seeing it and taking action, now I'm going to shut up and go fly mine (carefully) LOL
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules