1721 7 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use an iPad4 Mini to fly with - not much space or power, so I always import the original 4K video files off of the SD card directly onto my MacBook for editing.  The photos (JPG and DNG) import fine, but my video files (MOV) always have the incorrect capture date. Typically, showing 60 odd years + 6 or 7 hours in the past to be exact. (1951 -1955) The Month and Day are correct, but they also are showing earlier in the day than actually captured.   Odd, because this did not start happening until about a week or two after I got the Mavic.  Sometimes, it will only be off on the first 2 or 3 videos of the flight.  Other times, it is every video shot.  Anyone else seeing this behaviour?   Suggestions would be awesome, as this is a real pain.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version? And were you using the original SD card came with the aircraft?
Please upload some original videos to dropbox or google drive then send me the link. I'll help to check it.
2017-5-19
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-19 01:54
Could you please clarify your current firmware version? And were you using the original SD card came with the aircraft?
Please upload some original videos to dropbox or google drive then send me the link. I'll help to check it.

Hi Mindy.  Thanks for helping with this.
I received my Mavic on 3/20, and did the update to v01.03.0500 before I flew the first time.  Upgraded to v01.03.06, and then v01.03..07 as they were released.  I have included videos from each version on the upload link.  The first couple of movies were on the original SD card.  I have been using a SanDisk Extreme PRO 64gb since first of April.  Does not seem to matter if the card was freshly formatted or not (you can tell by the sequence starting over or being lower).  Let me know if you need anything more to help solve. I will PM the link to you.
2017-5-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-5-19 04:27
Hi Mindy.  Thanks for helping with this.
I received my Mavic on 3/20, and did the update to v01.03.0500 before I flew the first time.  Upgraded to v01.03.06, and then v01.03..07 as they were released.  I have included videos from each version on the upload link.  The first couple of movies were on the original SD card.  I have been using a SanDisk Extreme PRO 64gb since first of April.  Does not seem to matter if the card was freshly formatted or not (you can tell by the sequence starting over or being lower).  Let me know if you need anything more to help solve. I will PM the link to you.

Sorry for my late reply.
I have forwarded your videos to our engineers for review.
If we have any update, we will let you know.
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI_camera
lvl.2

Hong Kong

HI Foxtrot,
I have found 3 videos from the compressed packet. The DJI_0001.MOV & DJI_0194.MOV are generated under the latest version FW (V1.3.7). But the DJI_0003.MOV is produced under the older version.

In the older version, there is a FW  bug, which will make the movie create time and modify time  incorrect . But in the latest version, we have repaired it. So could you format the SD card and do the new record to check it again?

After the test, if you find the wrong time of the movies, please share the screen-shot of the  sub-directory under the DCIM  to us , we will do more analysis about it.

Thanks.
2017-5-23
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

charlesetischer Posted at 2017-5-23 17:27
HI Foxtrot,
I have found 3 videos from the compressed packet. The DJI_0001.MOV & DJI_0194.MOV are generated under the latest version FW (V1.3.7). But the DJI_0003.MOV is produced under the older version.

Thank you for checking this out.  Will do the test tomorrow and get back to you when complete.
2017-5-23
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Formatting the card under the new version looks like it fixed it for me - thank you.  While I have your attention, what is the function of the FILE INDEX MODE> RESET vs. CONTINUOUS supposed to be?  In an older version, they behaved as expected.  Reset started the sequence over on a newly formatted card or one that you have deleted all the images off of, where Continuous kept the sequence going.  In this latest update, it seems to be going back to 001 regardless of the setting.  Can you clarify?  (The only way I have found to keep the sequence going after I have formatted/deleted the photos is to put the last photo/or video file back on the card)
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI相机部大帅哥
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

W.T. Foxtrot Posted at 2017-5-24 07:22
Formatting the card under the new version looks like it fixed it for me - thank you.  While I have your attention, what is the function of the FILE INDEX MODE> RESET vs. CONTINUOUS supposed to be?  In an older version, they behaved as expected.  Reset started the sequence over on a newly formatted card or one that you have deleted all the images off of, where Continuous kept the sequence going.  In this latest update, it seems to be going back to 001 regardless of the setting.  Can you clarify?  (The only way I have found to keep the sequence going after I have formatted/deleted the photos is to put the last photo/or video file back on the card)

HI  Foxtrot,
Glad to help you locate  the problem. Thanks for your support for DJI.

About the File index, maybe you missed the truth. The Serial Mode is used to keep the file no continuously. The Reset Mode will make the file no go back  to DJI_0001.* after you format the SD card. So if you need the continuous file no, please use the Serial Mode.

Thanks.  
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules