Hangar 360 App for Phantom 4
2896 6 2017-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Free app that will allow you to make 360 panoramas really easily and quickly. Captures/controls drone and then transfers images to device which can then be uploaded to hangar cloud for processing..

another note: Hangar will own your images as pointed out by Labroides
2017-5-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Be aware that according to their user agreement, Hangar 360 will also own copyright for any images you create with their app.
2017-5-18
Use props
airspace_media
lvl.3
Flight distance : 190 ft
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-18 21:08
Be aware that according to their user agreement, Hangar 360 will also own copyright for any images you create with their app.

A really important point and something I neglected to mention.. thanks!
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a pretty neat tutorial, though, I'm sure others will find it useful.
2017-5-18
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Labroides Posted at 2017-5-18 21:08

Good pick-up Labroides. Couldn't believe it initially, so checked it out  - Yup, Section 4 of Terms of Use.
Another interesting clause is that you waive the right to any Class Action and can only deal legally with them on an individual level. Such as ownership and copyright claims perhaps?

Hey, the thought that I don't own any great panorama I create with it is not an attractive one to me. I'm not going to use it out of principle. So may other apps which will do this (albeit not as easily, but hey).
2017-5-18
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Yeah. That's messed up. Might use it as a quick tool for showing off to friends and family; but the clause makes it almost impossible to view as a serious artistic tool.

As a side note, I would have hoped that Hangar's acquisition of Autopilot, which is an incredible tool, would have led to more sophisticated products for serious pilots and photo/videographers. I'm sure it's wonderfully complex behind the scenes, but this feels very much like a gimmick tool.
2017-5-19
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Wonder if this is legal?  If one uses a cellphone or tablet and an online app to edit their photo, does that mean the online service owns the copyright to the photo they took as well?  Seems a stretch like a mechanic works on my car with his tools and therefore he owns it.  I believe Facebook can use your photos for their advertising without compensation, but you still own the photo's copyright...I think?

As to Hangar 360, I'd pass and look for another stitching software or app that doesn't claim ownership to use their app or service.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules