7753 53 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pritchiedotcom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 125738 ft
United Kingdom

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-5-23 20:46
You need to test the active-track spotlight, but in my experience it locks the drone on a right-left / backward-forward course from the subject after you lock it. If your riders go in a straight line it's OK ;)

It's useful in some scenarios like if you are running around the Mavic.  It also useful when doing a flyby on a static subject while keeping it framed.

Thanks for sharing the spotlight tip.. I was wonder about how to do this being new to taking drone footage.
2017-5-26
Use props
EsPeGe
lvl.1
Australia

vmich Posted at 2017-5-24 18:06
Thanks a lot Scott. What about your Style (sharpness, contrast, saturation) and Color (Normal, D-Log, TrueColor, etc.) settings?

Hey vmich sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. We pretty much had default settings as we only got the drone the day before and didn't really have a lot of time to mess with it prior to filming.  As for style etc I've gone back in and it was 0's across the board, the colour was set to Normal. Next time round I will be doing some serious work to get the colours right as I feel it's super over saturated, particularly when you export to youtube.
2017-5-27
Use props
EsPeGe
lvl.1
Australia

pritchiedotcom Posted at 2017-5-26 01:52
Very entertaining once you got past all those titles.  Loved the footage, not sure on the use of BW, don't get me wrong, I love BW photos when done correctly to amplify the story's message/emotion, however I am not sure of the reason here other than cos maybe you could?  I feel it use when the riders where sat down would have been good to assist in the projection of a change in mood, from excitement to a more somber resting state (I hope I am expressing myself clearly).  
Best part for me is where the rider rides out of shot below the drone camera, then pops back in during a jump..  I was half expecting it, yet it was still such a cool touch.
Over all, I REALLY loved... and I have liked it (don't like much/everything).

Hey pritchiedotcom thanks for taking the time to put up your thoughts which is the whole reason I posted it. I want to improve the experience for others and to do that I need to seek feedback from folks. What I like others may not so it's good to get honest feedback so I appreciate it.

So firstly yes I agree the titles are waaaay too long and I made them as short as I could. One of the joys of having sponsors (our race team has a few) is that we kind of want to plug them every chance we get, hence the drawn out intro. I think next time putting some stuff in between might be a better way of doing it without it dragging on.

In regards the b&w I think I know what you mean. Firstly the single b&w shot of the guy doing the jump was actually a bit of a cover because that shot was done on a DSLR and wasn't quite right exposure-wise but I wanted the continuity and to use the shot. I figured I could throw it in as a b&w and it would look ok. I don't mind it in there but I can see why others might.

As for the other b&w stuff of the guys chilling at the tent I kind of felt it would be a change of pace and mood as you say to go along with the change in the music. How did I go with that part?

Also I too like that jump part you mentioned. It took us a few goes to get it but in the end I feel it worked well.

Thanks again for your comments, keep em coming, Scott.

2017-5-27
Use props
Gusmtb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 35249 ft
United Kingdom

As a mtbers myself really enjoyed the video, great editing, I think polished without being too polished, right amount of raw footage used.

Thanks for sharing.
2017-5-27
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

EsPeGe Posted at 2017-5-27 00:17
Hey vmich sorry it's taken a while to get back to you. We pretty much had default settings as we only got the drone the day before and didn't really have a lot of time to mess with it prior to filming.  As for style etc I've gone back in and it was 0's across the board, the colour was set to Normal. Next time round I will be doing some serious work to get the colours right as I feel it's super over saturated, particularly when you export to youtube.

Thanks a lot for your reply! It's great to see that results can be outstanding with standard settings. Cheers
2017-5-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, super great video.  Looks like a fun course to go riding.  
2017-5-27
Use props
EsPeGe
lvl.1
Australia

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-5-27 09:11
Wow, super great video.  Looks like a fun course to go riding.

Thanks mate, It is a really good trail network, all privately built and owned. SO FUN!!!!
2017-5-29
Use props
Bigui
lvl.1
Flight distance : 79511 ft
France

Cool one! love the dynamic! really awesome job
2017-5-29
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Nice epic video, some great editing and action.
2017-5-29
Use props
SRO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2405174 ft
Switzerland

Dangerous life. As "Beginner" you've great talents.
2017-6-24
Use props
Igor42
lvl.2
Russia

Здорово, лайк.
2017-6-24
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

ars.fabula Posted at 2017-5-23 08:59
Great video, very enjoyable!

For active track shots, at the beginning I was expecting the Mavic to have the reaction of a quidditch snitch  so I was also a bit disappointed...

I cannot even active track a church steeple ! That doesn't move and is solid subject, it got half way around and lost subject.... but I love the OP video, great job !
2017-6-25
Use props
fans015faeb1
New
Indonesia

nice movie...
2017-6-29
Use props
EsPeGe
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. Unfortunately my filming buddy crashed the Mav the other day. We had DJI care but they reckon it was his fault. I don't know as I wasn't there so can't comment. Thankfully it wasn't too expensive to repair so will hopefully have it up and running again in a few days. Keen to do more filming.
2017-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules