1167 4 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Naquadar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 88665 ft
Italy

Hi guys!
I'm actually an Osmo X3 owner (normal version) and I work in the wedding business as drone operator.
I also use the Osmo on a 3.30 metres carbon stick for some arial shoot when I cannot use the phantom..

In the last month I'm also shooting some weedding video on ground with the X3 osmo and Z-axis. I'm very satisfy for the stabilization but I would like something more on the video quality....

I would like upgrade my osmo with an X5.. but.... before spend 2000 euros... I woul like be sure about this product...

My principal concern is about the fan noise... on the X3 the fan stop during recording... with the X5 no.....

Now imagine during a wedding... in the church... I don't want disturb the ceremony with an annoying noise..

I'm also worried about the audio.... if the noise is always present.. it will be also in the final video?

Pls, let me  know your point of view and experience with the X5.

Thank you!!!

Naq.

2017-5-19
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

Do a google search, you will find a lot of discussion about fan noise, audio recording + 4G file size issues with X5. These issues will be your concern whether X5 can be used for your job.
2017-5-21
Use props
fans49693779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308619 ft
Mexico

Fan noise is pretty bad. Not sure it would disturb a ceremony unless you are pretty close to the bride and groom in a very quiet church. It definitely will be there when you get to post if you are filming in a quiet location.

You can't like interview someone in a totally silent room or anything.
2017-6-1
Use props
fans49693779
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308619 ft
Mexico

I would take some time to think before buying. It's a great stabilized image when walking around the z-axis but besides that it has some serious drawbacks. Terrible fan noise/audio, no timelapse, I've tried putting it on a tripod and the no matter what I do the camera still drifts around .... it can't hold a frame for a few minutes to save it's a life. Just good for basically moving stabilized shots that don't need great audio. That's a small niche.

Unless you have an Inspire to put the x5 on it's probably better to stick with the x3 and invest that $$$ in some other gear.
2017-6-1
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If you are really want a good stablized camera, your should also look at new generation of MFT camera, eg GH5, Sony and others. They are quick to deplore and no fan noise, also can record audio strict into the camera. You also have a wide range of lens choice.
2017-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules