IMG_1769.PNG
IMG_1770.PNG
2017-5-25
Use props
fans63d5d167
New
Flight distance : 143268 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all, I had the same issue but as soon as the GPS got lots of lock it then disappeared and I could fly again, it's a bit worrying and I'll be trying in another location just to confirm it all works ok
2017-5-26
Use props
fans63d5d167
New
United Kingdom

I also didn't have to sign back in. I updated the app on the android and that was it, I've checked to see if there is any firmware but it don't look like it or it hasn't reached me yet. Not even sure how you sign out of the app I couldn't find anything but it was a quick look
2017-5-26
Use props
Dean cohen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 131060 ft
United Kingdom

Hi to all fellow Dji owners . I've read these posts on your views on this new update , and all have made very good points to Dji and I agree with most if not all . But you have all got to realise that if the manufacturers don't step up and show the governments of the world that they can make there equipment safe then the governments will try to take control which will lead to all sorts of problems. This new update will make it easier to stop these quads from being used by the likes of Isis. Yes there are ways of possibly getting around it and them still being used but Dji must show willingness to try and stop there equipment they sell from being used in ways that can cause harm . We all have spent a large amounts of money on our equipment and would like them to work as they are meant to work or as advertised by Dji . Which in a lot of cases there is always something going wrong,  and we don't seem to be getting help or solutions from Dji to rectify our problems. If this next update is because Dji are trying to take control, it only as they are thinking of us, and themselves to stop our governments from making this hobby a no go hobby and grounding us all.  You may agree or you may not . Which ever you do agree with then that is up to you. But think about how these can be used to kill a mame and think how it can affect us all in the long term. Thanks for reading
2017-5-26
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dean cohen Posted at 2017-5-26 01:13
Hi to all fellow Dji owners . I've read these posts on your views on this new update , and all have made very good points to Dji and I agree with most if not all . But you have all got to realise that if the manufacturers don't step up and show the governments of the world that they can make there equipment safe then the governments will try to take control which will lead to all sorts of problems. This new update will make it easier to stop these quads from being used by the likes of Isis. Yes there are ways of possibly getting around it and them still being used but Dji must show willingness to try and stop there equipment they sell from being used in ways that can cause harm . We all have spent a large amounts of money on our equipment and would like them to work as they are meant to work or as advertised by Dji . Which in a lot of cases there is always something going wrong,  and we don't seem to be getting help or solutions from Dji to rectify our problems. If this next update is because Dji are trying to take control, it only as they are thinking of us, and themselves to stop our governments from making this hobby a no go hobby and grounding us all.  You may agree or you may not . Which ever you do agree with then that is up to you. But think about how these can be used to kill a mame and think how it can affect us all in the long term. Thanks for reading

What are you thinking when you suggest that a P4 can be used by terroists as a "killing and maming" tool?  Sounds like media induced hysteria, rather than sound tecnological knowledge and understanding.
2017-5-26
Use props
Andrezaslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412641 ft
Lithuania

So why there is complete silence from DJI about the Update?  Is it here already?  Or no?  
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

I don't think I'll ever buying another DJI product again. There's gotta be (or soon will be) other drone companys out there that make good drones. I guess Ill buy from them next time.
2017-5-26
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

Update is here. Not pushed out to all regions and none on IOS yet based on feedback
2017-5-26
Use props
Andrezaslt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 412641 ft
Lithuania

morpheus2480 Posted at 2017-5-26 03:46
Update is here. Not pushed out to all regions and none on IOS yet based on feedback

Thanks for information, lets wait for more info, I am using IOS, so far so good nothing new in Lithuania, no update
2017-5-26
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

The maiming and killing is nothing more than a scare tactic.
I would like someone to explain how a quad can do this to a large group of people.
This update is more about control over the customer than anything else.
2017-5-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

RtinTN Posted at 2017-5-26 03:50
I would like someone to explain how a quad can do this to a large group of people.

Please educate yourself before you make comments like this.. Only takes a simple search on the internet. It IS scary.. Seriously - ISIS - is ruining everything.. We have to be vigilant.. Todays day and age is getting scary.. I love my Phantom, but I hate the fact that they can be used for horrible things like this..

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017 ... er-experts-say.html
2017-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

JW5255 Posted at 2017-5-26 03:22
What are you thinking when you suggest that a P4 can be used by terroists as a "killing and maming" tool?  Sounds like media induced hysteria, rather than sound tecnological knowledge and understanding.

This is nuts, DJI is not the only game in town, there are many cheaper drones the bad guy could use and with DJI locking everyone down its the same as building a wall 10 miles long on a 1000 mile border to keep people out.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans6bd3057e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1606201 ft
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-5-20 05:20
DJI, I think that what you are trying to enforce has no logic behind. Flights have to comply with the LOCAL regulations and NOT WITH GEOSPATIAL COORDINATES OF THE PLACE WHERE USRE'S PROFILE IS REGISTERED. We all bought your drones to fly wherever we like

Bottom line DJI cares little about what it customers think , it should be up to the customer to decide if they want to upgrade their firmware ,for instance if a customer has been flying his drone with no problems he should be allowed to continue to do so on his existing firmware version. In the US DJI should no play the cop it is up to the FAA to enforce laws . DJI should take more time in making their customers happy instead of restricting where they can fly their drones. I fly within the law if I am happy with my existing firmware I should not be force to update. I have several Apple devices apple does not force you to update this should be DJI policy too.
2017-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-23 10:20
About correct region stuff..  

One thing I can tell you - even here in the forums it has my shown as being in Canada.. I am in Florida - also in my DJI app it shows that I have been to two other countries in my "footprints" - never been out of the US.. Maybe this update will fix these issues.. ?? Possibly?? Who know..

Same here, I don't have much faith in this as none of my flight data is correct, my location changes from time to time and I receive e-mail notifications that are in Chinese even though I live in New York State.
2017-5-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-26 04:42
Please educate yourself before you make comments like this.. Only takes a simple search on the internet. It IS scary.. Seriously - ISIS - is ruining everything.. We have to be vigilant.. Todays day and age is getting scary.. I love my Phantom, but I hate the fact that they can be used for horrible things like this..

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/04/06/terrorist-drone-threat-us-unprepared-for-growing-danger-experts-say.html

You really should not use the words 'please educate yourself' and 'fox news' in the same post. It's an oxymoron ;-)
2017-5-26
Use props
RtinTN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 469734 ft

United States

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/04/06/terrorist-drone-threat-us-unprepared-for-growing-danger-experts-say.html

Suicide bombers like the one in UK is a bigger threat than any drone.
And, BTW I am fairly well educated in this.
2017-5-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

This question may have been answered, maybe not but in a simple yes or no answer can someone tell me that in the United States after I update will I still be able to set maximum altitude at 500 meters?
2017-5-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-26 05:40
You really should not use the words 'please educate yourself' and 'fox news' in the same post. It's an oxymoron ;-)

Lol... Well, unfortunately in this instance they aren't making things up.  I am not here to advocate what DJI is planning on doing, nor am I here to discredit what they are doing. I just see what is happening and it is scary. As for my use of FOX - it's a story that is being told through all the news agencies all over the world..
2017-5-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RtinTN Posted at 2017-5-26 05:42

"I am fairly well educated in this"

Pretty sure that kind of language will get you put on an NSA watchlist. Hope you mean from the law enforcement side ;)
2017-5-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

RtinTN Posted at 2017-5-26 05:42

If you are fairly well educated in this, why make a comment saying that drones aren't a threat? Just because they MAY not do as much damage as a suicide bomber - one person hurt or killed is one too many. I love flying just as much as anyone else and the feeling of freedom from roads is amazing.
ANYTHING can be used for evil, and one of the most vulnerable directions bad things can come at a person from is above..  
2017-5-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-26 06:03
If you are fairly well educated in this, why make a comment saying that drones aren't a threat? Just because they MAY not do as much damage as a suicide bomber - one person hurt or killed is one too many. I love flying just as much as anyone else and the feeling of freedom from roads is amazing.
ANYTHING can be used for evil, and one of the most vulnerable directions bad things can come at a person from is above..

Yep, it's the old adage "guns don't kill people...",

I live in Manchester. When the story broke, before we knew what had actually happened, I was hugely tempted to send my phantom up and see what was going on. In retrospect, it's a good thing I didn't.

Still coming to terms with it all.

#WeLoveMCR
2017-5-26
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-26 06:14
Yep, it's the old adage "guns don't kill people...",

I live in Manchester. When the story broke, before we knew what had actually happened, I was hugely tempted to send my phantom up and see what was going on. In retrospect, it's a good thing I didn't.

So scary..   I know that this is the reason they are called terrorists.. They scare people into thinking everything is going to kill them. Yesterday in Phoenix Arizona, my home town - a guy got into a Comicon event with weapons (guns and a shotgun) somehow.. He was caught, but now because of his actions which weren't even terrorist related - no accessories, foam swords, costume accessories of any sort are allowed in.. I know some of those kids worked REALLY hard on those costumes too..  What a world we are living in..
2017-5-26
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'll repeat: Media induced hysteria, rather than sound technological knowledge and understanding.  Yes, please educate yourself.  Effect/Payload ratio would be next to zero.  I am not sure why I am even to bother with this line of discussion, after all, ignorance cannot be fully rational.   
2017-5-26
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

Can we steer thread back to firmware and app upgrade concerns? Lolz
2017-5-26
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Where is this software?
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

morpheus2480 Posted at 2017-5-25 22:24
Is the new app update out?

Not yet. Next week.
2017-5-26
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

Some android users in europe have it already...
2017-5-26
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

Installed the new GO4 v4.1.0 this morning.
No prompt to new (re)registration, it was an update like any others before...
NO new features like panorama for the Mavic. (crap)
NFZ issue still NOT fixed. (crap)
ESC beeping in find my drone is not working, same as in versions before.
Still no other language than English supported on Android. (whats wrong with you DJI??)

I´ll have a flight this evening and hope they have fixed the stability issue on Android 7 at least!!
2017-5-26
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Dean cohen Posted at 2017-5-26 01:13

Sorry ... but do you realize the great B U L L 5 H 1 T  you said?
the weapons ? Are the governments that sell weapons ... to all ... isis included  ...
with this reasoning should also stop the cars too fast and trucks that could run over people's ...
Come on ... buddy ..
try to think before to write ...
I'm sorry... I can NOT agree with you ..,
I have already buy my aircraft with all features...
and now ... if they want remove something ... ok
But they have also to pay back to me
FREEDOM
2017-5-26
Use props
fans63d5d167
New
United Kingdom

Hi all, in regards to stability on android 7 I'm gonna say not fixed. I managed to have a fly at lunch time popped it in sport mode after a few mins of flying and the app crashes. It restarted fine and seemed ok afterwards but I didn't have long enough to fully test.

I was going to install the android o beta the other day I'm so glad I held off

Have not had any firmware update only the app got updated, is there going to be a firmware update or is it just the app, just want to make sure I get it updated before I go out
2017-5-26
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

Wow! This is amazing.

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-5-26
Use props
Silver G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1412694 ft
United Kingdom

Can we have a date and GMT time for this please, I don't want to be away from home and find out I can't fly for the rest of the weekend.
2017-5-26
Use props
Officewallah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34869 ft
United States

RtinTN Posted at 2017-5-26 03:50

Agree, lots of motor vehicle being used for this purpose, but don't any additional restrictions on them... such as "no drive" zones!
2017-5-26
Use props
Officewallah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34869 ft
United States

Good old Fox News... fair and balanced, as usual!! What would we do without it?
2017-5-26
Use props
RomanM
New
Czechia

Super updates. Until today on my old Samsung S3NEO flying without any problems. After a new update, it can not run at all. How to get an old version?
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

skpManiac Posted at 2017-5-20 01:20
That's really bad, all that money and you cannot use it - As soon as a competitor comes up, DJI will disappear, simply because of their lack of software support, its quite sad!

I agree 100%
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

MikeQView Posted at 2017-5-20 08:35
You can only guess what is coming next !   if they dont like your user profile, you can be turned off,   if they dont like your location , they can turn you off,   they can by the words used  limit anything from any user and this will tie the knot even tighter,   so they believe they are being pro active,  so with the sensor set on any of the modern dji drones,  you can be forcefully stopped,  which means in turn any governing body, FAA and CAA's around the world could force or take the hand of DJI, and limit anything they want, when they want,   if they want to stop all drones flying for a few hours, here is the tool,   i am all for flying within in the rules not a problem !   but this will be a forceful step to deliver the knockout blow to all other manufacturers,   both my inspire and mavic have dedicated tablets turned to airplane mode, until i feel safe by these update/handcuffs and shackles,   also by the capability what stops DJI putting out an instruction for DJI drones to fly to a certain area,   or for ALL drones to RTH straight away,  i thought this was future thinking, but think again,  because if the DJI can limit your drone to 50ft before the update, what else is written into the new update??  and who says the new update is any better than all the other failled updates,  i am not saying you should or shouldnt update,  that is for each user to consider.    but boy oh boy is big brother flexing his muscles or what,    i have worked in big business so anyone saying i dont think they will ever use it to limit what you do , for sure as hell will be shortly,  please take a copy of this, as it will be ripped off of here quicker than a rat up a drain pipe.   good luck all !   and as the likes of Lichi is a licenced SDK, they can easily limit those as well,   i really hope there is no deeper reason to impliment this sort of update,   but ...

you are 100% right
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

calls4u2 Posted at 2017-5-21 02:46
So there'll be hacked versions around soon, possibility of back doors appearing allowing control remotely.. dangerous move dji. My car isn't limited, that's my responsibility. Dji lack of communication makes the situation worse. The 50 metre restriction - see my first posts on 'almost fly away' for a reason why this is VERY dangerous. In summary, this is looking like the end for dji

I agree....this is the beginning of the end for DJI
2017-5-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules