Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Updates Process For Activating Software And Firmware Updates
60089 573 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

Mavrick Posted at 2017-5-21 21:25
I am very suspicious of this move. It seems very odd to me that DJI has not come out and clarified their very vague letter.
It seems to me that they have something much bigger planned so they are not putting any promises in writing that may come back to bite them in a lawsuit.
I have about $2000 invested in the Mavic, including goggles that will be here on Tuesday.  I did not pay this kind of money to have a company remove features that where put  there in the first place to get my money.

I have 2 MAVIC's. I wish I never bought anything from DJI. They should give us our money back.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

I have 2 MAVIC's. I want my money back.
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

This is just the start. Dont buy anymore DJI products!!
2017-5-26
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

What is the new terms and policy being shown that by logging in means you provide consent to?
2017-5-26
Use props
gerryb.internod
lvl.2
Flight distance : 38553 ft
  • >>>
Australia

morpheus2480 Posted at 2017-5-26 18:40
What is the new terms and policy being shown that by logging in means you provide consent to?

The Go4 app is available in Australia now and I've just updated.
I had to login to open the app but, when I connected my Mavic (and P4) the overall status showed 'Normal (firmware is latest)

I had no request to update firmware.
2017-5-26
Use props
bdorub
lvl.1
Flight distance : 37854 ft
Romania

I believe the change is in the app and the biggest is that it can update the NFZ over the air when on network - at least from the fact that both Android and IOS are out but no new firmware - yet
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

So now if Im in a remote area with beautiful landscape/scenery and there's no data connection I'm grounded!!
2017-5-26
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

If I knew DJI was going to implement this I would never have purchased thier product. If I don't update my drone is essentially an oversized paper weight. DJI should refund our money. Hopefully soon there will be another drone company with a comperable drone.....Ill buy thier product. DJI fooled us!!
2017-5-27
Use props
fans0c5341ef
lvl.1
Canada

If I knew DJI was going to implement this I would never have purchased thier product. If I don't update my drone is essentially an oversized paper weight. DJI should refund our money. Hopefully soon there will be another drone company with a comperable drone.....Ill buy thier product. DJI fooled us!!
2017-5-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

fans0c5341ef Posted at 2017-5-26 23:59
So now if Im in a remote area with beautiful landscape/scenery and there's no data connection I'm grounded!!

Ridiculous rubbish and not true, you can always sell your Mavic on eBay if your not happy, but nothing has changed only improvements.
2017-5-27
Use props
The Droninator
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5538 ft
Germany

The Droninator Posted at 2017-5-26 08:47
Installed the new GO4 v4.1.0 this morning.
No prompt to new (re)registration, it was an update like any others before...
NO new features like panorama for the Mavic. (crap)

A miracle happened!
With the new app I had over 3 batteries not a single crash of the app.
This is the absolute premiere since I bought the Mavic.

BUT (of course an BUT because it is DJI):
The RC does not hold 3 complete batteries now, before update I could fly 4+

Anyone else here recognized that??
2017-5-27
Use props
diver86
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19869 ft
Greece

Hello guys.i update the app to 4.0.1!i sign in with my old email.i am done?because when i open the app reminds me to update the app again and activate this.should register with a new email?
2017-5-27
Use props
challenger100
lvl.1
United States

I thought this new update was taking place on the 26th. Checked this morning and still no update? Anyone know anything?
2017-5-27
Use props
JW5255
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5291158 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just updated DJI Go 4 (iOS).  Went to my practice area, which is outside of any WIFI range and all went well.  Found there to be no new restrictions or limits.  
2017-5-27
Use props
interfoto.rus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1388501 ft
Russia

"Installed the new GO4 v4.1.0 this morning."
It is not working on SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 SM-T325 LTE 16Gb.
Even after hard reset (full!!!) of the tablet and clear app install.

Any idea?

On Xiaomi Redmi Pro 64Gb works fine.
2017-5-27
Use props
Jrods
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237602 ft
United States

Flew 4 flights this morning using the new software from litchi and on the new djigo after signing in. Not thing to report, same as allways.
However, went to the dji site to unlock areas that I will be flying next month after entering 4 different dates using my phone no for confirmation it told me on the 5th one that my phone number was not valid.
Can we say bug?

2017-5-27
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

AlexVideoShark Posted at 2017-5-24 12:32
Roads already have speed limits???  but when the speed limits change on the roads? What do car makers do?  when the car have the thousand-mile service , they have to change the limit of your car? unbelievable!!!! .... but so funny for DJI...
After this little advice...   
http://link.dji.com/u/gm.php?UID ... 6680_1282728_696636

When the speed limit on a road changes, you'll only know about it if you update your SatNav. Your car has nothing to do with the speed limit change. Your SatNav does.
2017-5-27
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
Flight distance : 4522884 ft
  • >>>
Italy

John Osmo Posted at 2017-5-27 13:39
When the speed limit on a road changes, you'll only know about it if you update your SatNav. Your car has nothing to do with the speed limit change. Your SatNav does.

Yes of course.... but I agree and happy when I receive safety alerts...
but I can NOT Agree and happy when someone take decisions to me....
I mean... ok with updates and more safety whenever you want...
but let me make  my decision under my responsibility...
Maybe would be enough to leave the possibility of disabling geo ... or ticking the alerts ...
But do not disable my aircraft ...
the cars do not disable after the purchase, the navigator does not turn off your car after the upgrade ... so ... DJI PLEASE DO NOT DISABLE MY FUN

2017-5-27
Use props
fanse1af22cc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 140315 ft
United States

Joe, for those of us who are marginally computer literate, where EXACTLY do we go to reregister? DJI.com? I have an account but there is nowhere that says register or reregister. Where do we go to redownload the DJI GO app> I'm sure I am not the only guy who is confused. Also, WHEN is this all supposed to be done? Now? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2017-5-27
Use props
fans9eda9901
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>
Canada

AlexVideoShark Posted at 2017-5-27 20:28
Yes of course.... but I agree and happy when I receive safety alerts...
but I can NOT Agree and happy when someone take decisions to me....
I mean... ok with updates and more safety whenever you want...

Way to many others have taken away our right to make a choice.
Smoking for example, in Toronto "they" have taken the rights from establishments to have a smoking section , they took away the right to smoke less than 25metres from buildings.
Cigar lounges have been closed even though you know what kind of place you are entering.
So it is either quit smoking or go somewhere else. Please note I am not a smoker and I think this is very stupid.
Oh and how about drinking and driving- they leave that deceision up to us and look how many people die from idiots everyday.
DJI has always had the NFZ best way to take this is DJI is actually trying to maybe help us , but making a few restrictions maybe the powers that be will say ok let's be a little more Laz on droners because we know they cannot fly over XYZ area and so on.
Just food for thought.
I mean unless you are the one that liked the video of the Idiot at the baseball game last week that could of been so much worse.

Sorry for ranting and this is not directed at you only this is for everyone who is upset with DJI decision. I just think we need to rethink why they are doing this.
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

fanse1af22cc Posted at 2017-5-27 22:55
Joe, for those of us who are marginally computer literate, where EXACTLY do we go to reregister? DJI.com? I have an account but there is nowhere that says register or reregister. Where do we go to redownload the DJI GO app> I'm sure I am not the only guy who is confused. Also, WHEN is this all supposed to be done? Now? Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When you download new version of the app you will be taken to a place to renter your email and that's as simple as it is.
2017-5-28
Use props
John Osmo
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My DJI GO 4 app was at version 4.0.7 and now it is at 4.1.0 after the last update. It didn't ask me to login again as mentioned in the DJI email. I fired up my Mavic and video streaming was OK. I am assuming that all is well.
2017-5-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 06:35
When you download new version of the app you will be taken to a place to renter your email and that's as simple as it is.

I already went to the App Store to check it out and there wasn't a new version yet and no updates.
Is there any specific date the new DJI Go app is supposed to be out?
I assume you don't know for sure, but what have you heard?
Thank you!
2017-5-28
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

Uncle Stumpy Posted at 2017-5-28 10:45
I already went to the App Store to check it out and there wasn't a new version yet and no updates.
Is there any specific date the new DJI Go app is supposed to be out?
I assume you don't know for sure, but what have you heard?

Last Friday just read through the forum you'll see, are you looking at djigo 4, not djigo..
2017-5-28
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Jrods Posted at 2017-5-27 10:27
Flew 4 flights this morning using the new software from litchi and on the new djigo after signing in. Not thing to report, same as allways.
However, went to the dji site to unlock areas that I will be flying next month after entering 4 different dates using my phone no for confirmation it told me on the 5th one that my phone number was not valid.
Can we say bug?

To all who are breathing a sigh of relieve remember this was only an app update NOT a firmware update, good things to come........
2017-5-28
Use props
Uncle Stumpy
lvl.3
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-5-28 10:47
Last Friday just read through the forum you'll see, are you looking at djigo 4, not djigo..

This is all about djigo 4? Not djigo for earlier stuff like P3?  I read the release bit there wasn't anything specific. Man, I am confused.
2017-5-28
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

fans9eda9901 Posted at 2017-5-28 04:10
Way to many others have taken away our right to make a choice.
Smoking for example, in Toronto "they" have taken the rights from establishments to have a smoking section , they took away the right to smoke less than 25metres from buildings.
Cigar lounges have been closed even though you know what kind of place you are entering.

But why it's always so difficult to explain what ?
You are talking about some restriction taken by government ... like smoking or drinking ...
So... this kind of restrictions already exist and are in place  ... and has been taken from any government...
It's for these reasons I hope that DJI leaves us the right to be able to decide.
I agree with the alerts and accept taking the responsibility ... but I repeat ...
please DJI do not take our fun...
I would like to fly in the respect of the laws ... in respect of the people ...
but let me fly ... respecting everyone ...
and please DJI also respects me, my purchase, the money already spent ... the time spent ...
Respects the person and the personal right ...
Let the rulers enforce the rules ...
The governors emit the rules, the DJI will give me the warnings .... I will take a look ... I will decide in accordance with the rules, I will take my responsibilities ... and then I will have to remain free to decide ...
2017-5-28
Use props
Philisamalo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 199465 ft
Thailand

fansf5f0f0fc Posted at 2017-5-19 17:45
Hi, I live in France but I fly my Mavic and my P3A not only in France but in other countries (Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey etc.). What means exactly "ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile" ? Does it means that if I activate in my present location (France), I will be limited as described if use my drones in other distant locations (i.e. foreign countries) where the geospatial infos are different ? A clear answer would be much appreciated.

Hello there, I heard that each time you change country you have to connect to your DJI account to update the the region you're in and the local regulations will apply.  I wonder how it's gonna be with me in Thailand.  I have an official permit to fly everywhere (except sensitive locations of course) in Thailand for the next 2 years.  Let's hope the new update does not restrict me more than the local authorities ... A voir bien entendu.  J'ai contacté DJI à ce sujet et j'attends une réponse.  I contacted Dji about this and am waiting for their reply.
2017-5-29
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

Dji Joe,

Thanks for all your replies, but I still have a question that need to be cleared.

I update Go app and Mavic firmware and do the relogin/reactivation in my country (France).

Then I fly to a foreign country with no data plan, no internet connection available on my cellphone.

What happens? Is the GEO system of Go app lost? Does it ground the drone? Can I still fly?
2017-5-29
Use props
AlexVideoShark
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

djoole Posted at 2017-5-29 07:32
Dji Joe,

Thanks for all your replies, but I still have a question that need to be cleared.

DJI JOE ...
please ... this is a good question...
I would also like to know how to do when I go to other countries without having an internet connection
I have Phantom 3 adv
And I would like to go buy a new phantom 4 pro ... but before to spend this money ... I would like to know what's changing
Many many thanks
AlexVideoShark
2017-5-29
Use props
GSI_IRE
lvl.3
Flight distance : 121460 ft
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-25 08:08
I don't believe your Refresh is affected.

Hi Joe,

I am only seeing your reply now, I didnt get a notification.

Can I please know where I can go or an you please find a concrete answer to this question please?
2017-5-29
Use props
GuyonWoW
New
Flight distance : 26099 ft
Italy

Dji Joe,

Very good question
2017-6-1
Use props
Wknight751
lvl.2
Flight distance : 540745 ft
United States

Hello
Can someone tell me if the DJI Go 4 app is used to control the Phantom 3 Standard or only the phantom 4s?
2017-6-1
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

I live in the Netherlands. Went for a trip with the motorbike to Germany last week. In 4 days I used the Mavic 6 times in various locations. Not one single problem, not one single (NFZ-) alert. NOTHING. So I went to a landing strip for small airplanes in Sauerland. Started the Mavic: it gives a warning signal but it was possible to override and use the Mavic. I use a Samsung A5, Android 6.01. Were is all the fuss about???
2017-6-1
Use props
fanse303b3c0
New
Italy

Well. I made a lot of kilometers just to go out of any city, out of any people.
When I turned on the compass and went to the DJI GO 4 app, I needed to sign in. AND THERE WAS NO CHOICE TO SKIP IT.
I was in the middle of a marsh, far from everything. Just me, the drone and birds.

Where is the Internet connection into a marsh?
Where is the internet connection into an island?
Where is the internet connection in the desert?

The internet connection is only into a city! But into a city I cannot and I don't want to fly!!

I made a lot of kilometers to go to that place, and I had to return at home without using the compass.

Now your drones ( I own two of them, two of yours) is unusable.

I'm very angry, very disappointed, very frustrated.

A lot of kilometrs I made to go to that place, and I returned at home without using your compass.

I can sign in with the drone, but not with Internet!

THE INTERNET CONNECTION IS NOT EVERYWHERE!
THE PHONE LINE IS NOT EVERYWHERE!

AND I DON'T WANT TO SPEND MONEY TO CONNECT INTERNET WHEN I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF A MARSH!

Your aircraft now is unusable.
I'm very angry, very disappointed, very frustrated.

I hope you'll distribute a new firmware update as soon as possible, to skip the sign in and to return  to a fly without internet connection.

At least, is my responsibility where i use the aircraft, not yours!
When you  warn me about a no-fly zone, your responsibility ends here.

From this point it is my responsibility what I do with your aircraft; as it is my responsibility if I drive a car without respect of the local laws. It is not responsibility of the car producer.

Your aircraft now is unusable.
I spent 2500 euro for nothing.

Unusable...
2017-6-2
Use props
Captain Tobias
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fanse303b3c0 Posted at 2017-6-2 01:04
When I turned on the compass and went to the DJI GO 4 app, I needed to sign in. AND THERE WAS NO CHOICE TO SKIP IT.
I was in the middle of a marsh, far from everything. Just me, the drone and birds.

I have the latest firmware and I do not need internet to fly. Nothing has changed.
2017-6-2
Use props
Captain Tobias
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fanse303b3c0 Posted at 2017-6-2 01:04

"I hope you'll distribute a new firmware update as soon as possible, to skip the sign in and to return  to a fly without internet connection."

That is already the case. I never fly with Internet or Mobile Data connection. I have no issues. BTW. Have you downloaded the map for the location you were flying?
2017-6-2
Use props
fanse303b3c0
New
Italy

Captain Tobias  Posted at 2017-6-2 02:08
"I hope you'll distribute a new firmware update as soon as possible, to skip the sign in and to return  to a fly without internet connection."

That is already the case. I never fly with Internet or Mobile Data connection. I have no issues. BTW. Have you downloaded the map for the location you were flying?

mmmh, I own a MAVIC Pro with:

DJI GO 4 app                  v.4.1.0
aircraft                            v.01.03.0700
remote controller          v.01.03.0700
flight database               v.00.00.01.04
app database                  v.00.00.01.04

The firmware is declared the latest by the app.
When I go to the app it asks me the sign in.

If there is a new update, the app does not find it.
And the sign in is required

2017-6-2
Use props
Captain Tobias
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fanse303b3c0 Posted at 2017-6-2 03:11
mmmh, I own a MAVIC Pro with:

DJI GO 4 app                  v.4.1.0

Your app version and aircraft firmware are definitely bang up to date. One thing is certain, my DJI GO 4 app never asks me to sign in. When there is a new firmware, the top left status turned red and I just tap on it to update. I never have to sign in again. Of course, the update only works if I my mobile is connected to the Internet.

It looks like it could be the mobile device you are using. I am using a MOTO G4 with the latest android OS (version 7 Nougat). I use to have a lot of problem in using the DJI GO app and it turned out that the mobile  phone that I was using was very old. I never look back since acquiring the MOTO G4. It's the cheapest smartphone I could get and it turned out to be a joy to use.
Edited:
BTW, could it possibly be that the app couldn't coup with 2 Mavics??
2017-6-2
Use props
djoole
lvl.2
France

Dji Joe,

Still waiting DJI JOE!
2017-6-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules