Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1201132 ft
Mexico

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-22 12:01
what is the reason of this change.  
as many other user replied.  looks like DJI trying to impose restrictions on where to fly.  Pillots should be responsible and take necessary messures to avoid breaking rules and local regulations.    I dont think is correct for DJI trying to impose restrictions.

Hi, DJI cannot create or impose flight restrictions, only governments can do that, DJI has no control over the airspace of any place in the world. Do you actually think DJI has authority over the US government?? Really? The only thing DJI is doing is including in the warnings and notifications in their app all flight rules and restrictions that apply to the region where the drone is registered to make the pilot responsible of their own actions. Their announcement clearly states: "All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same". Please explain what restrictions you have in good authority they are imposing.
2017-5-22
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

After reading this Whitepaper I think I'm finally done with DJI.  This is too intrusive and does nothing to look out for the hobby flyer.   This is completely 1984 and Big Brother.  It also brings up privacy concerns I'm planning to address in court.  I sure hope DJI is willing to give me my money back because I'm about to return all three drone and I'm willing to spend a lot of cash in court if necessary.  I know they'll never give me my money back but I sure as hell will cost them twice as much defending themselves.   As soon as the first fly away happens and some poor users goes to jail for it, DJI will be hit by a class action.  

It also appears that DJI is willing to provide Law Enforcement your information without a warrant.  

This is also a violation of the 4th amendment of the United States.

Good bye DJI.

Anyone know how to delete my DJI accounts and ensure all information is removed?  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v4lkyr ... %203-22-17.pdf?dl=0
2017-5-22
Use props
Maxi3D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dmitry495 Posted at 2017-5-22 10:56
Thanks. I will remember this

I hope you will like its 1-mile range. Really, DJI can do this because of there no one else big as them.
2017-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Officewallah Posted at 2017-5-22 12:15
Your opinion, but not held by the vast majority!! I refer back to many previous posts... this is not what we bought!!

Well, I guess when I bought it, I knew there will be geofencing, and I checked the maps, and I was ok with what was done... so as far I am concerned I bought a drone with attached technology.. if the technology changes I follow the flow. To me this thread looks like people complaining that they bought a computer with win7 but then have to go to win10, when microsoft discontinues win7.. yes, it was a pain, yes it sucked a bit.. but overall, u bought a computer with microsoft OS, and they decided to push an upgrade.. get over it.. there's not much you can do there....
But to each his/her own...  I am just naturally naive enough to trust most vendors in IT to a point, and I hope DJI will prove as trustworthy, and not screw us over...  I always knew there are NFZ and I cannot fly there....  as long as they do not cut off much other stuff, i'll be happy.. if they do screw us then we should stand up and fold their helpdesk with very specific request proving their decision was wrong...  But, I think we should wait till it happens.. I do not think they gonna abort their plan - just because of discussion here and now... I think that ship has sailed... let's just see where it goes....
2017-5-22
Use props
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Mexico

fans0cdccbeb Posted at 2017-5-22 11:24
I just got back from a trip in Puerto Rico and 90% of the time I was flying I had no cell service because my phone company (Verizon) has very limited connection there. Does this mean if I ever decide to visit family there again and I do not have active cell service I will be restricted? Considering some of the best views from your drones come from places where you may not get cell reception (i.e. mountain ranges), this is a bad call. It breaks my heart to say this but if this is the case my Mavic will be listed on eBay and I will spend my hard earned money elsewhere if I can't find a way around these ridiculous restrictions. In exchange for our money you gave us a product with specifications that we expect to use. You are not a governing body, stick to what you do best and make drones or lose you customer base. Won't be long before another company makes a decent Mavic clone.

You don't need internet connection to fly, I hope you sell your mavic just to realize that listening to stupid people to make decisions instead of reading the information for yourself is a big mistake. I will be flying my Mavic as I have always done after taking 30 seconds to validate the update by inputing my password, which is the only thing DJI has changed regarding their drones and their operation.
2017-5-22
Use props
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Mexico

fansbf0c2001 Posted at 2017-5-22 10:42
DJI, please dont make wrong decisions now. No one will buy a car that cannot drive faster than it currently displayed on a traffic sign. Make warnings, but no strict  restrictions.
I you do, a lot of people will demand money back because features that are present at the time a device was purchased must be guaranteed.

Everything you wrote is wrong and you would know it if you read the announcement, The updates are not mandatory, if you disable automatic updates in you phone or tablet it won't happen, if you don't disable it that not on DJI. On you other point, the announcement clearly says: "All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same". Don't go with what other people are saying, most are opinions from misinformed people who did not read the information or they lack the reading comprehension skills to understand it.
2017-5-22
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is in violation of the 4th amendment of the United States.  You are attempting to track each and every flight in realtime while invading our privacy.
2017-5-22
Use props
PacoSaiso
lvl.2
Mexico

adiru Posted at 2017-5-22 10:32
Trump needs to call Comey and get some back channel going to have someone in the NSA leak the DJI firmware

Psst: DJI announcement clearly states, and I quote: "All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same". The only thing that will change is that your app will have the warnings and notification regarding the region you are registered at. No new limits, no restrictions, other that the ones put in place by the government. The decision to obey those rules will still be on the pilots side, DJI is just covering their legal liability by including all aplicable information and making it available to the pilot.
2017-5-22
Use props
YjWH9fPVGpcg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 196834 ft
Portugal

DarrenE Posted at 2017-5-22 09:37
Given the rise in drone capabilities and the ever decreasing price-point at which they're arriving, together with their increased use by certain fanatical groups, the potential threat to public safety and national security posed by drones is on the increase,

It shouldn't suprise too many people if, as a market leader in the industry DJI are in the vanguard to increase the safeguards and accountability for using its products. This is clearly going to come with some compromises for us as end users. I was planning on taking my drone to Portugal for the next two weeks to get some footage -so this couldn't really have come at a worse time personally speaking. I have no idea how it'll react but I'm sure I'll work something out. If not, so be it.

You should read the drone regulations here in Portugal: http://www.voanaboa.pt/voa-na-boa. It seems a good set of rules but when you start to investigate you learn that each time that you wan't to take a photo or record a video you must ask permission to the air force. Then you cannot fly under 1000 feet above natural parks (this only excludes almost the entire portuguese coastline), as you cannot fly above 400 feet without permission, you cannot fly in the natural parks. You should ask for permission also to fly on beaches or any place in the coast that is under 50m distant from the shore. In resume the bureaucracy his so heavy that you cannot fly almost in any place in the country. :-(
2017-5-22
Use props
Officewallah
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34869 ft
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-5-22 12:49
Well, I guess when I bought it, I knew there will be geofencing, and I checked the maps, and I was ok with what was done... so as far I am concerned I bought a drone with attached technology.. if the technology changes I follow the flow. To me this thread looks like people complaining that they bought a computer with win7 but then have to go to win10, when microsoft discontinues win7.. yes, it was a pain, yes it sucked a bit.. but overall, u bought a computer with microsoft OS, and they decided to push an upgrade.. get over it.. there's not much you can do there....
But to each his/her own...  I am just naturally naive enough to trust most vendors in IT to a point, and I hope DJI will prove as trustworthy, and not screw us over...  I always knew there are NFZ and I cannot fly there....  as long as they do not cut off much other stuff, i'll be happy.. if they do screw us then we should stand up and fold their helpdesk with very specific request proving their decision was wrong...  But, I think we should wait till it happens.. I do not think they gonna abort their plan - just because of discussion here and now... I think that ship has sailed... let's just see where it goes....

Agree, it is really wait and see! I know I factored in the improved control and functionality of the Mavic, over the Karma (and I do own a GoPro... so not an easy call given the additional expense) in my purchasing decision, as I am sure a lot of others did based on the general outcry on this and other UAV forums. Fingers crossed.
2017-5-22
Use props
adiru
lvl.2
United States

The Roach Posted at 2017-5-22 13:02
This is in violation of the 4th amendment of the United States.  You are attempting to track each and every flight in realtime while invading our privacy.

I concur.

DJI claims to wish to aspire and look up to Apple. During the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into terrorism, the FBI had a valid warrant and court order to compel Apple to decrypt the contents of an encryption iPhone that belonged to a terrorists but Apple fought back hard in Federal Court with the CEO of Apple, Mr. Tim Cook even writing a public message of support to all Apple users letting them know that Apple had their back with regards to privacy and would fight for their Constitutional rights to the maximum extend allowed by law.

DJI on the other hand, seems bent on being overzealous in becoming a defacto investigative, legislative, and enforcement arm and division of the government and of law enforcement agencies.

I guess DJI never heard of "unreasonable searches and seizures", or "innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of each and every essential element of the alleged criminal offense", or things like the "plainview doctrine", or concepts like narrowly tailoring and balancing test of rights and duties, of protecting privacy of its customer base and end users. DJI is not required by law to do any of this extranoeus activities that it has been involved in and in point of fact may be infringing on the privacy and Constitutional rights of its paying customers and end users, to mention nothing of the sort of bait and switch that could be construed as breach of contract and/or terms.

Police offers cannot just randomly pull cars off the road without reasonable suspicious and probable cause and without being able to provide articulable circumstances.  

It is one thing if DJI wants to limit our Mavic capabilities but a different thing altogether for them to retroactively cap the capabilities of Mavic's already sold, out in the field, after the fact, post sales. And then alter these Mavic's after the fact, without effective consent, to essentially be more harmful to individual privacy than a court ordered GPS ankle monitor bracelet for convicted felons on probation or house arrest.

Now with the latest firmware DJI wants to indiscriminately broadcast omni-directionally all end user's every Mavic's telemetry along with serial # (which can be traced back to identify the owner and pilot), forcing each and every Mavic to actively transmit identifying information, without due process, without probable cause of a crime being committed, without any reasonable suspicion whatsoever, and against the 4th amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, in an entirely arbitrary, vague and capricious manner, against legal precedent, and infringing upon the inalienable rights and privacy of its paying customers and end users.It also infringes upon the 5th amendment  since one could argue, as the Supreme Court has held, that a digital device like an iPhone is an extension of ourselves, then DJI forcing the Mavic to transmit and broadcast private and/or identifying information without a subpoena or warrant or otherwise lawful court order, without any probably cause, nor reasonable suspicion, is tantamount to compelled testimony or compelled to be witnesses against themselves. This sort of across the board blanket exposure of user privacy and information, in such an indiscriminate manner, is careless, reckless, gross neglience and potentially unlawful if done without effective consent, and consent is not effective if consent was obtained by means of coercion, deception or fraud or under duress.

Forget class action, this could potentially expose them to a Federal criminal case. I don't think Frank Wang wants to get extradicted to the US like how Kim Dot Com is going to be from NZ. Igorance of the law is not an excuse. DJI wants to do business in the US DJI better respect the rule of law.
2017-5-22
Use props
Phantomski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

A quote from an email I got today... what do u guys make of the last sentence of this 1st paragraph?
"DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same."
2017-5-22
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

PacoSaiso Posted at 2017-5-22 12:40
Hi, DJI cannot create or impose flight restrictions, only governments can do that, DJI has no control over the airspace of any place in the world. Do you actually think DJI has authority over the US government?? Really? The only thing DJI is doing is including in the warnings and notifications in their app all flight rules and restrictions that apply to the region where the drone is registered to make the pilot responsible of their own actions. Their announcement clearly states: "All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same". Please explain what restrictions you have in good authority they are imposing.

"You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high."

this for me is an imposition,  
2017-5-22
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

Dronaldo Posted at 2017-5-22 13:30
"You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high."

this for me is an imposition,

I really dont think they are saying you need an internet connection for every flight. Just when you activate. They are essentially saying 'don't go out in the field without an internet connection and be caught off guard when you try to activate'.

You could activate it from home on your WiFi. Then go out with a tablet without a SIM card and no data connection at all and fly without issue. Any restrictions will be imposed via the software and the firmware - internet or not.

That's how I interpret the DJI gobbledygook anyway.
2017-5-22
Use props
ShadyDealer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 983428 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Will I need to make sure I have a data connection every time I go out with the Mavic? Doing it once is a pain as I feel it's a little being implemented a little forcefully. If this needs completing every time I go to fly the Mavic I wil not be happy! I pair up with a basic iPad that does not have a cellular data connection.

This is not a good sign DJI...
2017-5-22
Use props
patman89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 288327 ft
Germany

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-19 14:47
It looks like this update is just a step to ensure GEO is being enforced. If one updates and provides the necessary account info, I don't believe any unnecessary flight restrictions will be put in place.

If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

Hi DJI Joe,

what if the updated DJI Go App won't run on my device? Since 4.0.6 every version has crashed right after launch, so I need to stay on 4.0.5 - does it mean I have to sell my Mavic, because I can not fly anymore?

And before you ask: NO, I DO NOT WANT TO BUY AN IPHONE!

Regards,
patman89
2017-5-22
Use props
Laval076
lvl.3
Flight distance : 87438 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm in Canada. I'm dead affraid of any restrictions since the federal gov. made a virtual ban of drone here...
2017-5-22
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

I have popcorn if anyone wants some.
2017-5-22
Use props
adiru
lvl.2
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-22 14:59
I have popcorn if anyone wants some.

Lol, also there is AlphaGo vs Kie Je tonight.
2017-5-22
Use props
Parkker
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8891 ft
United States

I still use Win 7 and it works fine.
2017-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-22 13:48
I really dont think they are saying you need an internet connection for every flight. Just when you activate. They are essentially saying 'don't go out in the field without an internet connection and be caught off guard when you try to activate'.

You could activate it from home on your WiFi. Then go out with a tablet without a SIM card and no data connection at all and fly without issue. Any restrictions will be imposed via the software and the firmware - internet or not.

That is correct, it was exactly the same when you first activated your aircraft.
2017-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

The Roach Posted at 2017-5-22 13:02

What a pile of rubbish. You really think dji would tempt something so ridiculous. Get a grip.
2017-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

adiru Posted at 2017-5-22 13:18
I concur.

DJI claims to wish to aspire and look up to Apple. During the FBI's counterintelligence investigation into terrorism, the FBI had a valid warrant and court order to compel Apple to decrypt the contents of an encryption iPhone that belonged to a terrorists but Apple fought back hard in Federal Court with the CEO of Apple, Mr. Tim Cook even writing a public message of support to all Apple users letting them know that Apple had their back with regards to privacy and would fight for their Constitutional rights to the maximum extend allowed by law.

It doesn't seem that long ago you taught dji was being infiltrated by the CIA.

What planet are you on.
2017-5-22
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

FWIW... this rep says DJI will not respond to "wild speculation that is not based on reality"

IMG_1689.PNG
IMG_1690.PNG
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

morpheus2480 Posted at 2017-5-22 16:00
FWIW... this rep says DJI will not respond to "wild speculation that is not based on reality"

I'll answer your questions as best I can:

1) No new flight restrictions are involved in this update. It just makes sure your location is correctly conveyed to the GEO system already in place.

2) It's not re-registration. It's just re-logging in.

3) You won't be affected if your app is set not to auto-update.

4) The announcement says almost all of this info. Some people are simply blowing this out of proportion.

Hope this clarifies some things.
2017-5-22
Use props
firefly3630
New
Flight distance : 21663 ft
United States

when dji does not respond to customers in timely manner, not one post from dji in this thread and acts like a policeman to help enforce local laws that's wild ass behavior for a company toward it's customers.

Instead of avoiding their responsibility and blaming customers some of whom have begged for an answer and got none dji might try answering questions in a timely manner.
2017-5-22
Use props
E-Copter
lvl.2

France

What a drama for.. nothing...

So if i understand well, some blame DJI for the datas / stuffs they access, but well when you launch the DJI GO app, doesn't it the first time and at each update ask to access pictures, localisation, microphone , exactly like all the social networks   ??? Choice is yours... simply.

Come on, rather than ask politely exactly the terms of this new feature, some start to make self considerations about something they just do not know enough about yet...

World is evolving, technology also, and drone technology has evolved very, very fast, maybe to fast, allowing as many responsible flyers just willing to either work or spend nice time flying, as total idiots with no respect in regard to the law, their neighbourgs or whatever, to fly with or without previous true flying ewperience ( no self level, noself heading, no self positionning, noself coming home....).
The most harsh posts i could read come from people who seem experienced enough to build a simple machine with a cleanflight controler ( GPS available optionaly..) or PIxhawk and setup a gimbal, from what i read. So get spares and build your unrestricted drone and that's it...

Reason answers are so harshsometimes  is because people feel trapped maybe, they want the DJI technology but they don't want to have to share their location or personal datas or whatsoever...

Here is the thing written differently for those who asked me not to put the possible bad usage things on the table : You have USA, China, Canada, France, Germany and some other countries having their own rules of the air, which are different in each country. It is not possible to let people fly anywhere anyhow for many reasons : privacy respect, safety, pictures right sometimes....
Actually, Europe ( EASA) would like to apply a common rule, but some of the European countries, such as France, decided to setup their own rules, which, in our case ( french froggies) , allowed people to work with their drones, unlike some other places in Europe ( France has been the very first coutnry to have a Drone regulation), which came up with regulations later on ( and som still have nothing). But at least, Drones have not be banned...

The biggest problem has been and is the following : just a few years ago, in order to fly something RC, including multicopters, you had to be in a RC club, with a dedicated flight zone. A few did fly in the woods or FPv but it remained kind of rare, and concerned the people able to build , setup and fly their own machines as " Rc Enthusiasts".

Then Drones with plenty of automations came up, and everybody could fly, from nano to maxi drones. First step has been to separate Hobbyists from " pro" pilots ( yes, i know, some who self claimed and still claim themselve "pro" pilots are fake but well that's life...). But Drone phenomena has rised too fast and there is an urgent need to try to make things easier for everybody :for authorities, for commercial flights pilots and passengers, for restricted areas.... Like all technologies, things arrive very fast, and law has to follow up, and then things adapt. It takes time, it's not always perfect, but it's how it works since the world spins...

a clear example ( still a froggies example) is the " Coyotte" in France: it''s a small device telling you the radars, police controls and everything you would need to drive fast with less chances to be caught. But it coud also tell about accident, traffic jams, road works... Government deciced to vorbid these, and finaly discussions happened, and people cried to desperation, human rights and all this and finaly a compromise has been found ; the device would signals " danger zones with a speed limitation of XXX km/h", "moving dangers zones", and this is total joke because these are clearly the radars...
And we all know that at least 50% of the users will use this to speed up on the road.. Exaclty like many drivers break before the radars and accelerate right after.. And they will all say they are " respectful to the law", because they don't buy a radar warning device, but a " danger zone waring device".. lol ! ( and yes i have one and i find it kind of useless because TMC, trafic infos on GPS, gives the accidents and obstacles warings as well, but i'm happy to know there is a radar sometimes when i am not at exact 130 km:h on the highway, nobody likes to loos a licence point for 2km/h in a descent... i assume it).

SO yes you ca buy a car driving fast and only the usage is driven by law and you keep your free choice to follow or not the law. Accidents can happen of course without breaking the law at all, some because of stupidity, being unlucky or driving crazy.... It's the same with Drones, except drones are able to fly high and far...  it's harder to throw your car over your swimming pool in the neighbourg garden.. ) And for the one who wrote me not to b.. s.. about bad usage, well as far as i remember, in USA in 2001, bad things happened... Since, world is not the same and all potential menace need to be taken care of, and here is what i wanted to say :

The freedom of some starts where yours stops. Same for the rights. The balance is hard to find and will never please all at same time..

Rather than yelling at DJI ( i build  and sell drones so we are all in the same boat here..) , without having all the facts and reasons, maybe you should ask yourself the following : Considering EASA ( Europe) and maybe USA soon ( iof not yet) think in having beacons in Drones to allow the to be correctly inserted and monitored ( tracked if you prefer..) in the public air space, where is the bad if DJI is pro active and starts trying to get an identification and limitation for unauthorised usages of drones, based on the country laws in which you are actualy flying your drone or a national emergency ? Do you prefer to have to buy and install a beacon and buy your drone with obligated registration and activation in a government organisation ?

All these are mostly supposition, but it's, in my opinion, a first step to a 2.0 drones management because the simple truth is, not everybody follows the rule, and some real risks exists. What if you are a maufacturer and receive notice from government saying that your drones were used to bring cellphones to inmates, deliver some special " amazon" parcels in mexico, and like lastly drop deadly home made explosive grenade on people ( Phantoms modified with gimbals removed ) ? DJI also has to protect themselve and make sure their products will not be banned in the future by enhancing their "fleet" management/monitoring.

If like me you use your machines in respect of the law, you won't really care having your datas monitored or kept because siomply you don't care, you don't do something bad.. I wonder how some people actually blaming DJI will react the day their neighbourg they flew over a few times or the train /boat passengers will bring a class action to them for endangering thier lives or not respecting their privacy... ??? Will you also Blame DJI because you could not know your neighbourg garden was a private and no fly zone place and that it's DJI fault because they did not prevent you to fly over it ????

Soooo... Just a lot of drama for just a small evolution to things that are already in place and working since a while, the only difference is that this time, as people tweak the GEO with USB dongles, aluminum stuffs, and others, in a too easy way, they will try to not be fooled at every time because maybe DJI also has to respond to some governements regarding some usages of their products.... There is a huge difference between taking 20 miles over the speed limit and crushing the car in a crowd... And with remote things, this becomes even more dangerous because the guy is not inside the aircraft and will need less " insanity" than if he was inside to move to the next step.. Wait for autonomous cars to become as popular as drones and you will see the exact same thing ( software, limitations, firmwares and users registrations enhancements) coming up. Poeple will claim about 4th amendment, their rights and blablabla and the day the same care will crush their families they will claim for the opposite, why there was not more tests, safety features..... Hard to make everybody happy , simply ))))))

Have nice and safe flights, and lets wait to have more infos and see what it is all about. But it will be easier to " round the edges" with DJI by having a clear and structured claim list rather than to shout to death without even having all the exact infos...

Wew i was inspired tonight, but well i work with many customers who use DJI products every single day and gusss what : they don't give the smallest "s" about waht is coming up because it's just evolution and they know they will continue to work with DJI products...

Have nice and safe flights,

Fabien

2017-5-22
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-22 16:07

1) No new flight restrictions are involved in this update. It just makes sure your location is correctly conveyed to the GEO system already in place.

Thanks for this DJI Joe. It provides some level of comfort. But I'm afraid the announcement released by DJI does not make any of this clear. It's ambiguous at best.

Perhaps you could show the same courtesy to the Phantom 4 Beta testers and P4 Goggle owners and let them know what is happening with the mystery firmware update??
2017-5-22
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

SomeoneElsesDro Posted at 2017-5-22 16:23
Thanks for this DJI Joe. It provides some level of comfort. But I'm afraid the announcement released by DJI does not make any of this clear. It's ambiguous at best.

Perhaps you could show the same courtesy to the Phantom 4 Beta testers and P4 Goggle owners and let them know what is happening with the mystery firmware update??

I believe it was clear and people are getting caught in a panic. I understand that people's livelihoods are involved and people are very defensive, but a thorough reading of all announcements should have clarified all these concerns. Regardless, I am happy to help clarify things to the best of my ability.

With regards to the P4 issues you mentioned, let's keep this thread on topic as much as possible. PM if there is something specific you'd like me to take a look at.
2017-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Joe Posted at 2017-5-22 16:07

Good job....
2017-5-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

E-Copter Posted at 2017-5-22 16:13
What a drama for.. nothing...

So if i understand well, some blame DJI for the datas / stuffs they access, but well when you launch the DJI GO app, doesn't it the first time and at each update ask to access pictures, localisation, microphone , exactly like all the social networks   ??? Choice is yours... simply.

Alas Fabian somebody speaks some sense.

There used to be days that I thought I was okay, or at least that I was going to be. We'd be hanging out somewhere and everything would just fit right and I would think 'it will be okay if it can just be like this forever' but of course nothing can ever stay just how it is forever.”
2017-5-22
Use props
Dronaldo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606601 ft
United States

i will wait the feedback from real experiences to take a decision.  

2017-5-22
Use props
morpheus2480
lvl.1
Singapore

Thanks DJI_Joe.
2017-5-22
Use props
kmastro66
lvl.3
United States

Not familiar with Litchi.  Does it allow you to completely bypass DJI GO?
2017-5-22
Use props
brandontof
New
Flight distance : 13248 ft
Canada

The Future of Possible .....Restrictions...
2017-5-22
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
United Kingdom

PacoSaiso Posted at 2017-5-22 12:24
Are you aware that those flight featured by DJI were done legally by getting all necessary permits?, Where is the contradiction on that? All restrictions in DJI can be lifted if you go through the proper channels, get the right permissions and send the info to DJI, they will lift the restrictions in your app for the drone mentioned in the paperwork for as long as the permit is valid.

I've seen several videos with the preface "I'm a noob. This is my second video". Not saying they're all breaking the rules - just pointing out that DJI like to sell the dream of free flight anywhere. They promote user videos. They even have flights over populated areas in their commercials. .
2017-5-22
Use props
fansf5f0f0fc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3340 ft
France

I still own 3 old computers running Windows XP without any trouble or limitation.
When Microsoft discontinued Windows 8 they did not force you to move to Windows 10. You could keep Windows 8 as long as you wanted without any change in the software capabilities and I still have a rudged professional tablet running normally Windows 8.
The problem here is rather different :-(
2017-5-22
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansf5f0f0fc Posted at 2017-5-22 17:26
I still own 3 old computers running Windows XP without any trouble or limitation.
When Microsoft discontinued Windows 8 they did not force you to move to Windows 10. You could keep Windows 8 as long as you wanted without any change in the software capabilities and I still have a rudged professional tablet running normally Windows 8.

Stay off the internet when using their apps and you'll have no problem
2017-5-22
Use props
fansf5f0f0fc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3340 ft
France

kmastro66 Posted at 2017-5-22 17:09
Not familiar with Litchi.  Does it allow you to completely bypass DJI GO?

Yes.
It only misses IMU and RC calibrations and some features like "tapfly" and "tripod" modes. But it has many other useful modes that Go does not offer.
But as you could read in this thread, Litchi is going to be impacted by this update in the next future. So, my recommandation would be to buy Litchi as soon as possible and to refuse the updates. At this moment, DJI-Go can be used only for calibrations and Litchi (present version) for flying.
2017-5-22
Use props
PanaceaBeachBum
lvl.2
United States

fansf5f0f0fc Posted at 2017-5-22 17:26

Not entirely true, Microsoft did force an update when canceling the annoying popup to update, they snuck it in place of the ok to cancel button, were called out on it and then offered a roll back button for those affected.

But I agree, my drone, my choice
2017-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules