Kickstarter for Broken Inspires
1677 10 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Hey guys, so my Inspire 1 is in the shop and I'm still waiting to get it back...this got me thinking, since we are a community, why don't we help eachother out? (Not that I need help or anything) But we should all put a little kickstarter together to fund people to get their drones back up in the air. Of course we would need to come up with a few rules regarding who is eligable to use these funds, for example, how the Inspire crashed, why it crashed etc...I feel like if we did this, we wouldn't have to have such a huge burdon on the repair costs...What do you guys think about this idea?
2015-3-8
Use props
misticsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87228484 ft
United States

For anyone looking for parts there is a inspire on eBay selling for parts.
2015-3-9
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

This is one of those ideas that, on the surface, may seem like a good idea, but in practice creates more issues than it solves. For example, pilot A puts in $500 and when he needs his bird fixed the "insurance" doesn't pay for Y-reason. You're gonna be in a very sticky situation, especially if you're pilot A.

My suggestion would be to self-insure--set aside X-amount of dollars, pounds, yen, rupees, shekels, whatever every month. That way, you're guaranteed of getting every cent out that you paid into the "fund" to fix your bird.

Others may say, "If you can't afford to fix your Inspire, Mercedes, BMW, etc., perhaps you shouldn't have bought one.
2015-3-9
Use props
bdavid01.hotmai
New

United States

Is there even an option to purchase repair parts or is it a requirement to send it in?
2015-3-9
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

So far the only option I see is to send it in to DJI for repairs..
2015-3-9
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-9 20:20
This is one of those ideas that, on the surface, may seem like a good idea, but in practice creates  ...

Word!   
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

X3 !!!!!!!
2015-3-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Does anyone know a good place to get insurance for the I1 in UK?
2015-3-10
Use props
kgarrison
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

This has been tried in forums and Facebook a handful of times but its just a flawed idea under the surface. There are people that simply should not own copters and constantly crash them and those who will never crash one so the payout will always be skewed. I have been flying R/C aircraft for over 25 years and my philosophy is that you need to be able to financially replace whatever you are flying. If you can't afford to replace a $3,000 aircraft, maybe you should be flying a nice Phantom 2 so it wont hurt as bed when it crashes.
2015-3-10
Use props
snathla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5045295 ft
  • >>>
United States

kgarrison@gmail Posted at 2015-3-11 09:01
This has been tried in forums and Facebook a handful of times but its just a flawed idea under the s ...

I agree, others should not have to pay for new Inspire units for you. Self insurance your Inspire
2015-3-10
Use props
UM305
lvl.3

United States

Tonight  !!  the next episode of this soap opera "The black market "  
2015-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules